Im a uk traveller

Totally agree.

Funny story:

They showed the Mayweather-Pacquiao fight in an Irish pub here in Antwerp. Place was packed with all walks of life. I spend about half an hour talking to this gentleman (who was on a holiday in Europe or something, dunno, I was drunk out of my mind)

51EKc17LevL.jpg

I'm just a regular suburban kid from Belgium and I had a great time talking to this guy who obviously came from a far tougher and completely different background than me.

Great, great night.

(Some mates told me I also tried to chat up a cougar, but the jury is still out on that one. I tell myself it didn't happen.)
Never underestimate the fun you have if you successfully leave with a cougar. There will be no guesswork asked from you and if you’re drunk enough to not remember the evening anyway. Have fun

As I understand it it takes time to go through court etc so often it is better just to speak to/negotiate with travellers. For example once a year we get people stopping off or passing through my town on the way to Appleby horse fair. Residents to get very agitated saying the council should do more but, if the travellers say they are going in a day or two (or even a week) that's quicker than the court process would take. Those same people would complain if the council spent money to remove them...

Moving on, I've never really given much weight to Furys assertions that people don't like him because he's a traveller, I always thought it was because he's a gilded prick.

On another note I think mostly he uses his heritage for marketing, gypsy king and stuff like that - he's never had a bareknuckle fight has he?

Thanks for sharing your prespective btw OP.

Fuck this fucking shit

"talk to us and make a deal"

Why not just fuck off and stop being fucking vermin you utter scum

Who the fuck just turns up somewhere, and demands that they should be given a 'deal' to get them to leave, that right there explains that they know they are somewhere they should not be, and want compensating to leave.

And the stealing shit does not help either...

The UK government should make a kind of wildlife park where the travelers can go and not disturb civilized man. Basically what the Amish do.

The UK government should make a kind of wildlife park where the travelers can go and not disturb civilized man. Basically what the Amish do.

Oh man! This had me crying. Ha ha ha ha ha ha!

Dont mean to have a bad attitude so i apologize if i came across tbat way but tyson out boxed a man that was so dominant and he has had alot of mental issues and bad press but just listen to the man speak hes a good person and amazing boxing brain
He definitely had some good boxing skills, I'm not denying that. But that was over two years ago and he might not ever even fight again, and if he does it seems unlikely he will be the same. At this point I'm not counting on his HW presence.

Yeh basically if a settlement of travelers set up on your land or business if you are polite and offer a good deal they will leave but if ppl get police or councils involeved it can get nasty
Listen the thing with travelers is being men so if you speak to a traver man to man you will be fine the only problems are the people who dont treat travelers as business men u understand ?

My father was in the police in Northern Ireland, the day a bunch of travellers arrived him and another few cops vandalised all the caravans (in the night time). The next day they were gone. The plan was to make sure the gypseys thought that it was a rough area, plan worked!

Yeh basically if a settlement of travelers set up on your land or business if you are polite and offer a good deal they will leave but if ppl get police or councils involeved it can get nasty
Listen the thing with travelers is being men so if you speak to a traver man to man you will be fine the only problems are the people who dont treat travelers as business men u understand ?
What an odd sense of entitlement. People get shot in this country over stuff like that.

Tyson Fury is entertaining and not a bad boxer, but not a great puncher and barely beat an over the hill and tentative middle-aged Klitschko. I don't see Fury coming back from his "lottery win style" cocaine/food/chav binge and doing much against Wilder or Joshua. I'd like to see him do well, but strongly doubt it.

Saunders is talented but again, no power, and what a prick. It'll be nice to see him get knocked out and maybe that nasty traveler mouth will stop yapping for a while.

What an odd sense of entitlement. People get shot in this country over stuff like that.
The UK is full of that nasty sense of e
They're just petty crooks. Luckily they're dying out so hopefully in a generation or two most of their shenanigans will just be fodder for books and movies.

So you move into someone's yard and demand payment to leave?

Yeah, no. In the states you'd get either bullets or a bottle of gas with a flaming rag. we care about our lawns more then we care about your lives.

So you move into someone's yard and demand payment to leave?

Yeah, no. In the states you'd get either bullets or a bottle of gas with a flaming rag. we care about our lawns more then we care about your lives.
No shit. It amazes me that stuff goes on over there.

No shit. It amazes me that stuff goes on over there.

There is no real sense of community, so when a well organized gang encroaches and threatens with overwhelming violence and numbers then the average person gets scared and reacts accordingly.

other quick ones

1. They had a scam around the bars in Ireland where the gypsies would pull up into town and enter a bar in shit clothes covered in horse shit. Landlord would throw them out and then the gypsies would sue for discrimination

2. In ireland the govenment built an entire facility for them, mobile homes with shower units/toilets etc..within a few weeks they stole all the bathroom piping, sinks, lights etc and fucked off

There is no real sense of community, so when a well organized gang encroaches and threatens with overwhelming violence and numbers then the average person gets scared and reacts accordingly.

It's not easy to use "overwhelming violence" to steal peoples yards in the US because we can go to the mall or BIG 5 or any fucking walmart and legally buy assault rifles that can erase crowds of living lawn gnomes quickly and easily. The "average" person here has a gun and friends with bigger better guns.

giphy.gif

Do people actually read what they posted before hitting send?

You think Irish travellers are all petty criminals looking to sue? Ok captain stereotype.

If you actually prove you can do business with someone and both parties keep up the end of the bargain it’s win win. The dickheads who fly tip on peoples driveways are the same in any society.

Tell a traveller site that everyone is blaming their kids for vandalising things around the area and it stops.

But yeah, just call them pikey scum because you’ve never met anyone who is a traveller.

It's not easy to use "overwhelming violence" to steal peoples yards in the US because we can go to the mall or BIG 5 or any fucking walmart and legally buy assault rifles that can erase crowds of living lawn gnomes quickly and easily. The "average" person here has a gun and friends with bigger better guns.

giphy.gif

Yeah, and look what a peaceful place the US is because of it.

giphy.gif

I always wondered, can you legally own a minigun in the US as a citizen?

Yeah, and look what a peaceful place the US is because of it.

I never said it was peaceful here. It most certainly is not.

Just yesterday an 18 year old kid with an AR-15 assault rifle which he LEGALLY bought went into his old school and killed 17 people.

Over 8 million people in this country own that same exact rifle.

So yeah, it's pretty dangerous here. Still can't move into our yards and demand money though. Cause we'll shoot you.

Back