I'm a Satanist, ask me anything

No, read my post again.
My point being, you are wrapping yourself in the flag of Satanism without holding any beliefs in order to troll people who do believe in something.
Why not just call yourself a Humanist and leave others to whatever floats their boat. You're only using Satan as way to get attention.

...and how is that different from religion?

What I am saying is it's not. Atheism by it's nature is benign. It is not intrusive. You are atheist about the tooth ferry right? It ends there. The onus in on the religions that make supernatural claims that of course has no evidence. Now, that isn't enough to combat the fanaticism of religion. Humans need symbolism and context. Right? So, atheism lack symbolism. The next best thing an anti-theist can do is join the temple of Satan and be active in the community and give a voice to the voiceless. Those attacked because of their sexual orientation, etc...

...and how do you define 'good'? What if I join your 'religion/cult' and disagree with your 'good'? What happens when members disagree? Will wisdom come from Satan?

How would I define God? Well...which god? The abrahamic god? The Hindu God? The Buddhist God? The Greek Pantheon? Generally one can conclude that god is an invisible, cosmic puppet-master that thrives within an area of mass delusion.

You are free to join any cult you want. I suggest not joining one at all. No one in my "cult' would care if you agree or disagree with anything. Wisdom comes from yourself by reading and debating and looking up conflicting view points. Never from an external, invisible source.

Free will is a difficult topic and a contradiction in religion. God knows everything and a billion years ago knew you would steal a book, but somehow you are free and your actions will determine heaven or hell.

Total bullshit.
How'd you know that God knew I stole a book? Hail Satan.

My point being, you are wrapping yourself in the flag of Satanism without holding any beliefs in order to troll people who do believe in something.
Why not just call yourself a Humanist and leave others to whatever floats their boat. You're only using Satan as way to get attention.

Do all satanists adhere to the exact same edicts invented by LaVey? Obviously not. That was another reason the The Satanic Temple split from the Church of Satan. No one gives a shit what you believe. You can't paint everyone with a brush based on your conception. I am not here to impress you or copy-paste concepts relating to the "flag of Satanism". Many Satanists are humanists. What are you using Satanism for? I couldn't care less.

So if God forgives all actions and "evil behavior", why bother being good?

Excellent question. An old question: 'If God is good why do bad things happen?' Rapists, criminals, soldiers, etc. That's the amazing part about God's forgiveness. If you truly regret your bad actions and sins throughout life you will be forgiven. Yeah, that's a hard one to comprehend and I'm not sure I agree with it. You would surely not understand since you have not experienced it. But maybe with due time we will each understand our beliefs better...

Do all satanists adhere to the exact same edicts invented by LaVey? Obviously not. That was another reason the Temple of Satan split from the Church of Satan. No one gives a shit what you believe. You can't paint everyone with a brush based on your conception. I am not here to impress you or copy-paste concepts relating to the "flag of Satanism". Many Satanists are humanists. What are you using Satanism for? I couldn't care less.

Sounds like I nailed it.

Excellent question. An old question: 'If God is good why do bad things happen?' Rapists, criminals, soldiers, etc. That's the amazing part about God's forgiveness. If you truly regret your bad actions and sins throughout life you will be forgiven. Yeah, that's a hard one to comprehend and I'm not sure I agree with it. You would surely not understand since you have not experienced it. But maybe with due time we will each understand our beliefs better...

I understand what you are saying. I already thought this out thoroughly. I want to believe but it just doesn't make any sense. For example....you can be bad your whole life and suddenly at your death bed say a few words, beg for forgiveness and believe, and you are saved for eternity. Come on man!

Definition of unfair: A creator made sapiens and purposely made it impossible for sapiens to know if God exists or not. Then God tortures sapiens for eternity in hell if they don't believe in impossible stories that happened thousands of years ago.

Humans need symbolism and context. Right? So, atheism lack symbolism. The next best thing an anti-theist can do is join the temple of Satan and be active in the community and give a voice to the voiceless.

You don't lack symbolism, you have a big 'red' star symbolizing your 'religion'. You can change the name and the image, but you are still part of a 'religion' with a belief system.

How would I define God? Well...which god?

No, that was not a typo, I wrote 'good'. How do you define 'good' in your group and what if others disagree?

Last edited:
We are good people, here are our tenets. Better than anything you will find in ancient "holy" scriptures.
  • One should strive to act with compassion and empathy towards all creatures in accordance with reason.
  • The struggle for justice is an ongoing and necessary pursuit that should prevail over laws and institutions.
  • One’s body is inviolable, subject to one’s own will alone.
  • The freedoms of others should be respected, including the freedom to offend. To willfully and unjustly encroach upon the freedoms of another is to forgo your own.
  • Beliefs should conform to our best scientific understanding of the world. We should take care never to distort scientific facts to fit our beliefs.
  • People are fallible. If we make a mistake, we should do our best to rectify it and resolve any harm that may have been caused.
  • Every tenet is a guiding principle designed to inspire nobility in action and thought. The spirit of compassion, wisdom, and justice should always prevail over the written or spoken word.

Your 'tenets' are actually very good. It is strongly Christian based if you guys don't realize it. Take 'Satan' out of the equation and I think you would get more followers.

You don't lack symbolism, you have a big 'red' star symbolizing your 'religion'. You can change the name and the image, but you are still part of a 'religion' with a belief system.

Like I said my friend, I don't believe in anything. No symbols, no god, no devils, no leprechauns, no cult leaders, nothing. But that in itself is benign. So how can we combat religion and introduce science into communities? Introduce rights for people? Many atheists are trying, but they are drowned out by loud, fanatical religious people. So one has to be come anti-theist to be heard. To have a voice for the voiceless. Anyone who actually worships a non-existent, supernatural goat with a pitchfork is a fucking retard. Just like anyone who thinks the earth is 6000 years old and an old man built a boat because of a world wide flood is retarded. Now...how to combat religious retardation? Atheism in it's pure form can't do it. So here is the irony: to fight fire with fire we use symbols to fight other symbols. Look up the work the Satanic temple does. The difference is I don't believe in my symbols, they are just a tool, but the religious believe in theirs. Again, anyone who sacrifices squirrels and lights pentagrams on their mothers hardwood floor are worthless retards. Just as people who go on tv and say "praise jesus" and walk away with thousands of dollars. Religion the supernatural and symbolism is all bullshit. We are free to examine ourselves and society with criticism. We are free offend, and the hardest part is to correct our faulty thoughts. [/QUOTE]

No, that was not a typo, I wrote 'good'. How do you define 'good' in your group and what if other disagree?

What is good for us, is good for the group. When we are happy, everyone is happy. When there is a disagreement, so be it. No need to get irrational, it functions like any other working group. Mind you our "group" doesn't believe in "good or evil". These are man-made constructs. To some people dentists are good (they fix teeth) and to others they are evil (money grabbers, put poisonous lead in your fillings that slowly kills you). There is no such thing as truth, there is only perspective. 2 sides to every story. Be happy with who you are, don't let others tell you who you are.

Can you get me in to one of these?

angelheart.jpg

Your 'tenets' are actually very good. It is strongly Christian based if you guys don't realize it. Take 'Satan' out of the equation and I think you would get more followers.

You may be right.

Is Obama really a demon?

Like I said my friend, I don't believe in anything.

Well you do believe in the 'Satanic Temple' otherwise you would not be there. I think you are on a journey with lots of questions. We all are. This 'temple' just happened to come along, the flavor of the month, and you joined. Will it last? Only God knows that. Your 'temple' portrays one thing to the outsider, but something totally different to the insider. No violence and no hatred. Just curious: How many members? Do you kill animals? Any women?

Back