I'm a Satanist, ask me anything

I am happy to answer you.

I joined the Satanic Temple, not the Satanic Church. There is a difference.

We are good people, here are our tennets. Better than anything you will find in ancient "holy" scriptures.

• One should strive to act with compassion and empathy towards all creatures in accordance with reason.
  • The struggle for justice is an ongoing and necessary pursuit that should prevail over laws and institutions.
  • One’s body is inviolable, subject to one’s own will alone.
  • The freedoms of others should be respected, including the freedom to offend. To willfully and unjustly encroach upon the freedoms of another is to forgo your own.
  • Beliefs should conform to our best scientific understanding of the world. We should take care never to distort scientific facts to fit our beliefs.
  • People are fallible. If we make a mistake, we should do our best to rectify it and resolve any harm that may have been caused.
  • Every tenet is a guiding principle designed to inspire nobility in action and thought. The spirit of compassion, wisdom, and justice should always prevail over the written or spoken word
Why bother/ why call yourself a member?

Are traps gay?

Why worship a loser ? he lost got his ass kicked, what are you a liberal pinko leftists or something.

Almost all satanists are atheists. We don't worship anyone. We use the satanist figure to fight oppression.

It started as a way to get equal rights for all people. The devil thing is a symbol and a tool. Nothing more.

Last edited:
Ulgyy.jpg
<{anton}>

The satanic temple are not Satanists, they're edgy SJWs that like to draw pentegrams on shit

Almost all satanists are atheists. We son't worship anyone. We use the satanist figure to fight oppression.

It started as a way to get equal rights for all people. The devil thing is a symbol and a tool. Nothing more.

You don't see the irony of using a religions figure, a total loser at that as your symbol.

Do pedophiles deserve equal rights?

id say you are the tool.

@CauseImbetta

Do you believe Satan is evil?

Also do you believe in heaven and hell? If so what are the parameters seperating them.

Good God, talk about some broad stroke tenets. Sounds a lot like "secular humanist" with costumes, and recipe for depression and drug addiction. I'm guessing you guys are of the belief that people are basically good, and therefore there is no need to be any more comprehensive than this. Does anybody in this little satan club have kids? Please God, say no.

The satanic temple are not Satanists, they're edgy SJWs that like to draw pentegrams on shit

Depends on who you ask. They are a split from the church of Satan. I never liked Anton LaVey. I don't follow cults or listen to dumb people's edicts.

The satanic temple is more of a social cause, not related to any ideology or mystical bullshit like Leveyan satanism.

I payed money to get a certificate. That money goes into fighting religious injustices.
Yeah cool. You still like to self identify though. Are you active and social with other members? I just find it interesting because while I agree with probably all of the tenets, I think you can get better inspiration or better arbiters of philosophy elsewhere, and you don't have that try-hard image to contend with.

I am happy to answer you.

I joined the Satanic Temple, not the Satanic Church. There is a difference.

We are good people, here are our tennets. Better than anything you will find in ancient "holy" scriptures.

• One should strive to act with compassion and empathy towards all creatures in accordance with reason.
  • The struggle for justice is an ongoing and necessary pursuit that should prevail over laws and institutions.
  • One’s body is inviolable, subject to one’s own will alone.
  • The freedoms of others should be respected, including the freedom to offend. To willfully and unjustly encroach upon the freedoms of another is to forgo your own.
  • Beliefs should conform to our best scientific understanding of the world. We should take care never to distort scientific facts to fit our beliefs.
  • People are fallible. If we make a mistake, we should do our best to rectify it and resolve any harm that may have been caused.
  • Every tenet is a guiding principle designed to inspire nobility in action and thought. The spirit of compassion, wisdom, and justice should always prevail over the written or spoken word

What is the difference between the Church and the Temple?

Also, what percentage of your members are web designers?

@CauseImbetta

Do you believe Satan is evil?

Also do you believe in heaven and hell? If so what are the parameters seperating them.

I believe good and evil are man made constructs. Just like morality. It's constantly evolving. What was good in the bible a thousand years ago is now bad (stoning, slavery, etc). The best book I read on that topic is Sapiens, a brief history of humanity. It goes into detail how religion was invented and how dualism, animism and paganism fused with monotheism. Jews never believed in heaven and hell, the only ones that started it were Christians, then Muslims copied it.

I am an atheist, and I think according to Abrahamic mythology God is a maniac. Read this: God the most Unpleasant character in all fiction:

Good God, talk about some broad stroke tenets. Sounds a lot like "secular humanist" with costumes, and recipe for depression and drug addiction. I'm guessing you guys are of the belief that people are basically good, and therefore there is no need to be any more comprehensive than this. Does anybody in this little satan club have kids? Please God, say no.

I like the humanistic part of it. That is why I joined.

You don't see the irony of using a religions figure, a total loser at that as your symbol.

Yes, it's irony. Satanists are social trolls. The only way to get stupid religious people back on to earth is to use their medicine against them. It's the only way to ensure all religions are equally represented. Its the only way to get a chruch to take down it's huge 10 commandments statue off public property. Its he most effective way of spreading atheism. People are dumb and need symbolism.

You missed my question. I wanted to know if your gimmick believes in God.

When there is no hope do you smoke crack or shoot dope ?

Back