Im a little piggy, how do I stop eating too many caleries?

BringBackTRTforFairness

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
I can do it for days but then suddenly I will get a takeaway because I love them so much, they are easy and made evn more yummy and tempting by the calorie sacrifices ive been making daily.

I workout daily.

But while I can keep to a calorie deficit for days about 1 time a week I get a takeaway or make mistakes here and there and my overall calorie intake for the month is about maintenance I just stay the same.

Ive bought some appetite suppressants they are due to arrive today I hope they work.

Its just takeaways and sweet foods that I literally have trouble controlling myself over, I literally cant nor do I want to at the time. But I want to now but when im hungry again for pizza I wont want to stop myself getting one, its like im schizophrenic for pizza!

Please dont suggest I replace chocolate and ice cream with nuts and raisins or some crap

I can do it for days but then suddenly I will get a takeaway because I love them so much, they are easy and made evn more yummy and tempting by the calorie sacrifices ive been making daily.

I workout daily.

But while I can keep to a calorie deficit for days about 1 time a week I get a takeaway or make mistakes here and there and my overall calorie intake for the month is about maintenance I just stay the same.

Ive bought some appetite suppressants they are due to arrive today I hope they work.

Its just takeaways and sweet foods that I literally have trouble controlling myself over, I literally cant nor do I want to at the time. But I want to now but when im hungry again for pizza I wont want to stop myself getting one, its like im schizophrenic for pizza!

Please dont suggest I replace chocolate and ice cream with nuts and raisins or some crap

Are you a man or a mouse.........

Real men can resist such urges.........

Stop starving yourself and your body will not crave crap.......it's really that simple.....,.

Are you a man or a mouse.........

Real men can resist such urges.........

Stop starving yourself and your body will not crave crap.......it's really that simple.....,.

If I dont starve myself I will eat alot of crap and increase in weight and fat, im a boy-man hybrid

Nobody forces your fat hand to your mouth.

You just change your diet, over time, through force of will.

Nobody forces your fat hand to your mouth.

You just change your diet, over time, through force of will.

My brain chemistry forces my hand to my mouth, we do not have much control of ourselves contrary to popular belief otherwise every1 would be in shape in America and every1 would reach their full potential

Your advise in none the less good.

However its like a different person is present when I fancy a takeaway. Me now is not me then. Now I want 6 pack abs, maybe in a couple of days time I would rather have the pizza, and I dont even want to use willpower even if I could.

THAT is the problem, inconsistent identity and feelings.

Will power isnt even on teh table because at that moment in time I dont even want to try and use will power my goals suddenly change from a 6 pack and women to having a good time now

My brain chemistry forces my hand to my mouth, we do not have much control of ourselves contrary to popular belief otherwise every1 would be in shape in America and every1 would reach their full potential

However its like a different person is present when I fancy a takeaway. Me now is not me then. Now I want 6 pack abs, maybe in a couple of days time I would rather have the pizza, and I dont even want to use willpower even if I could.

Will power isnt even on teh table because at that moment in time I dont even want to try and use will power my goals suddenly change from a 6 pack and women to having a good time now

We do not have much control of ourselves contrary to popular belief........

What a load of bollocks........... stop being a Troll.........

We do not have much control of ourselves contrary to popular belief........

What a load of bollocks........... stop being a Troll.........

Im serious not trolling there's some humor in this to make it easier to read but im being very serious with most of it.

Its true look into the research on self control self discipline etc alot of science has been done on this and human nature/common patterns, makes it obvious

Wait are you trolling me? You hid it in the accusation? Please dont troll me im autistic and highly vulnerable to trolling.

Im serious not trolling there's some humor in this to make it easier to read but im being very serious with most of it.

Its true look into the research on self control self discipline etc alot of science has been done on this and human nature/common patterns, makes it obvious

Wait are you trolling me? You hid it in the accusation? Please dont troll me im autistic and highly vulnerable to trolling.

Nice edit, now your making yourself out to be a victim, female mouse then are we......

Part boy, part girl, somewhat a troll but all mouse......

Most people don't actually develop their will power in the slightest. At least not past the bare minimum required of them.

You have to start small and keep working at it to get it stronger (sound familiar?).

I started by consciously changing routines for the sake of it, then adjusting behaviours revolving around certain foods, short fasts, scheduled exercise. Then I moved on to conquering fears. Now I feel like I am approaching peek control, if there is an element of my life/behaviour I decide it would be in my interests to change, I change it. There and then.

Next is to unpick unconscious bias further.

You could be on the precipice of an examined life. It is a route to happiness through struggle.

Last edited:
Most people don't actually develop their will power in the slightest. At least not past the bare minimum required of them.

You have to start small and keep working at it to get it stronger (sound familiar?).

I started by consciously changing routines for the sake of it, then adjusting behaviours revolving around certain foods, short fasts, scheduled exercise. Then I moved on to conquering fears. Now I feel like I am approaching peek control, if there is an element of my life/behaviour I decide it would be in my interests to change, I change it. There and then.

Next is to unpick unconscious bias further.

You could be on the precipice of an examined life. It is a route to happiness through struggle.

I find facing fears impractical, its like if you have a fear of heights you gradually climb higher and higher every day until heights are something you can handle better than most.

But if you dont keep climbing high, your fear comes back, and the need to climb high isnt something you do very often

Its the same with social fear for me since I dont interact much all my fear comes back, I can face my fears and get more confidence but I would have to socialize all the time to KEEP the confidence.

Since I like being alone alot and I work from home I find the face your fear idea extremely impractical

Any solution to this problem? ie social anxiety, esp of people I like, a-holes I dont care about so I get no anxiety around them

Last edited:

hypocampus_oxytocin_280_courtesy_baylor.jpg

Dr Wangs work is really hard

TS sounds like George Costanza.

"I wanna be a bough, how come i can't be a bough?"

"You see George, to be an expert you actually have know something about the subject"

"I hate that part".

I find facing fears impractical, its like if you have a fear of heights you gradually climb higher and higher every day until heights are something you can handle better than most.

But if you dont keep climbing high, your fear comes back, and the need to climb high isnt something you do very often

Its the same with social fear for me since I dont interact much all my fear comes back, I can face my fears and get more confidence but I would have to socialize all the time to KEEP the confidence.

Since I like being alone alot and I work from home I find the face your fear idea extremely impractical

Any solution to this problem? ie social anxiety, esp of people I like, a-holes I dont care about so I get no anxiety around them

I took up kickboxing, American football, lifting and started fronting in a metal band.

My fears were physical altercations and public speaking. I now work as a doorman on the side and enjoy physical altercations. After I found myself 'entertaining' a crowd for what felt like 10 min, but was probably 5 when my guitarists amp died very little seems worse. I learnt that I can bite the bullet and it will be OK and that's enough, I know I'll never be comfortable but I know now I can deal with the uncomfortable. Speaking up in social situations is easy in comparison

The enduring trick is to be good at what you are doing, that gives you the confidence to put yourself out there. Being a little autistic usually helps with that because you can immerse yourself in a thing, find out how it all works.

Cliffs, be good at what you do, push way further than your comfort zone (progressively) so that normal shit is easy in comparison.

I took up kickboxing, American football, lifting and started fronting in a metal band.

My fears were physical altercations and public speaking. I now work as a doorman on the side and enjoy physical altercations. After I found myself 'entertaining' a crowd for what felt like 10 min, but was probably 5 when my guitarists amp died very little seems worse. I learnt that I can bite the bullet and it will be OK and that's enough, I know I'll never be comfortable but I know now I can deal with the uncomfortable. Speaking up in social situations is easy in comparison

The enduring trick is to be good at what you are doing, that gives you the confidence to put yourself out there. Being a little autistic usually helps with that because you can immerse yourself in a thing, find out how it all works.

Cliffs, be good at what you do, push way further than your comfort zone (progressively) so that normal shit is easy in comparison.

Awesome thanks brother, you did a great job on improving the very famous advice of facing your fears, you have improved it to something more effective and more clear ie dont just face your fear, you need to overdose on your fear so the regular thing that scares you becomes mundane by comparison.

So if someone is scared of spiders, you lock them in a room full of harmless big spiders for 1 day.

Then after that if they see a small single spider in a room they can easily deal with it, where as before they could not.

How do I do that with people I like if I know someone and I like them, I get more social anxiety around them because they become so much more important to me, and so the aversions or fears become greater. I guess the normal method would be to interact with more people you like, but your method would involve being rude to someone you like, that will break the fear. Because the fear is of losing them losing an ally, so if you go ahead and terminate the friendship yourself its like facing the fear head on and to a much greater degree than just hanging around more people you like.

Wow cool thanks brother!!!

Its like facing your fear at the same level as your fear which is the advice from psychologists etc = a 5 - 30% reduction of fear

But facing something much greater than your fear = a big 80- 90% reduction

Its liek fear is heroine and you want to have so much heroine that small or medium dose's dont have any effect on you. The only difference being that heroine is enjoyable and fear is not.

Last edited:
Awesome thanks brother, you did a great job on improving the very famous advice of facing your fears, you have improved it to something more effective and more clear ie dont just face your fear, you need to overdose on your fear so the regular thing that scares you becomes mundane by comparison.

So if someone is scared of spiders, you lock them in a room full of harmless big spiders for 1 day.

Then after that if they see a small single spider in a room they can easily deal with it, where as before they could not.

How do I do that with people I like if I know someone and I like them, I get more social anxiety around them because they become so much more important to me, and so the aversions or fears become greater. I guess the normal method would be to interact with more people you like, but your method would involve being rude to someone you like, that will break the fear. Because the fear is of losing them losing an ally, so if you go ahead and terminate the friendship yourself its like facing the fear head on and to a much greater degree than just hanging around more people you like.

Its like facing your fear at the same level as your fear which is the advice from psychologists etc = a 5 - 30% reduction of fear

Its liek fear is heroine and you want to have so much heroine that small or medium dose's dont have any effect on you. The only difference being that heroine is enjoyable and fear is not.

Or you face your fear and pop 40mg of Propranolol and then 3 hours later another 40mg.

And you keep doing it until that nasty little feed back loop that helps reinforce your fears as a self-perpetuating memory is broken........

Interesting you mentioned spiders. I used to react to them a lot. Now after 7yrs of building work on an old farm it's only the really big fuckers that give me the heebie jeebies. Small ones I sometimes just ignore in my own house.

Will think on your particular social question and get back to you. You're probably right that it would be a matter of pushing to failure, then small infractions would lose their sting. One could mitigate such negatives by telling others that's what you're doing, so they'd be more understanding, but also by widening ones social group so the odd loss is less damaging.

I workout daily.

You could replace chocolate and ice cream with chocolate and chocolate. Make it dark, not much sugar.

Interesting you mentioned spiders. I used to react to them a lot. Now after 7yrs of building work on an old farm it's only the really big fuckers that give me the heebie jeebies. Small ones I sometimes just ignore in my own house.

Will think on your particular social question and get back to you. You're probably right that it would be a matter of pushing to failure, then small infractions would lose their sting. One could mitigate such negatives by telling others that's what you're doing, so they'd be more understanding, but also by widening ones social group so the odd loss is less damaging.

It does not always work like that, for all people, it's very hit and miss and can end up making things worse.....

Back