Im 5 ft 7 in, what should my weight be?

ImNotUrFrend

White Belt
Reaction score
Im 5'7 just wonderin what the average weight for my height is. Thanks

try checking bmi - but honestly, unless your well over 200 lbs, if you maintain healthy bf% you'll be fine

Any chart that says X height needs to weight Y lbs is full of shit and worthless. The best a chart like that can do is tell you the average weight of people your height and that info means nothing since you can't apply it to anything useful.

What you want is your bodyfat %. A guy can be 5'10'' 200 lbs with 7%bf and the above kind of chart would list him as heavily over weight while a guy 5'10'' 170 could have up to 30%bf and be on the 'healthy' part of the scale. That kind of list is worthless.

What you want is to get your bodyfat % checked and then you want to aim for 10-12% bf if you want to be lean and healthy. Some guys will cut up to the 5-7 range but doctors don't like anyone going under 7%bf.

In the end, bf% isn't the end-all-be-all anyways. Some fighters fight soft and do extremely well (Fedor) and some guys cut up and are horrible (no comment :)). If you're curious of your bf just because you want to look like a homo bodybuilder, then just use a mirror as your gauge and bugger off.

It all depends where you're at man I'm also 5'7" and I weigh in at around 140. I can always drop though when it comes time for tournaments.

If i was you, i would be on 165 lbs.
I amright now 6'5 and 225 lbs

i'm 6'1" and 215.. and i still have far too large of a midsection.. but i think for all the fat that I lose, I put on muscle to replace the weight... its all about body fat %.. speaking of which, ive never had that checked before... gotta go do that.

You can be any weight you are comfortable with.

Me, I am 6'0 @ 205 (Down from 220) right now about 14/15% body fat.

But honestly, life is life, live it comfortably, if that is 300lbs then let it be, don't let anyone else tell you what you should weigh.

A healthy BMI for 5'7" has a weigth range at 120-160. BMI is not really applicable for very athletic people. It is a target for average people. You should balance BMI body weight with body fat % info. Assuming you are a male in your teens or twenties, BF% should be under ~18% for health. The general classification of athletic has BF% <12% but that varies with the sport.

The BF% is more important and the BMI is a general target. Examples: 1) 190 and 12% BF = minor diety in physical prowess but over the healthy BMI. I'm not seeing a problem. 2) 130 and 26% BF = a slug with healthy BMI but a lot of useless weight that is not optimal for health or performance or 3) 115 and 7% BF = endurance stud whose heart will beat for the next 100 years but looks like a friggin' stick on the beach.

what is your build like. are you skinny, medium, big, thick etc. thats really important. some fitness trainer told me i should be like 175-185, i told him that i was a natural LHW/HW like 205-220 range. he then gave me this speech of making excuses for my weight. I laughed and he told me to leave if i wasnt going to take him seriously.

Find a weight range you don't have to work hard to maintain and stay there.

around a lean 200 lbs should be good.

we're similar... so for comparison.. I'm 5'8" at 172 today and 7% BF

...and he would be a monster @ a lean 200

I'm 13, 6''0 and 190lbs and i have %14 body fat. That stuff really means nothing, if you feel good, who cares?

If you grip your wrist with your opposite hand you can tell what frame size you are.

Large frame person - thumb and index finger won't touch
Medium frame - thumb and index finger will barely touch at the tips
Small frame - thumb and index finger will touch easily (first knuckle and further)

I'm large frame at 5'8.5" and I walk around at 185 lbs. When I cut for kickboxing tourneys, I cut to 170.

Hmmm, unless you got small fingers Tabris. Because there is like an inch of space between my index and thumb fingers when I do that. There is like 3/4 inch if I do it with my middle finger. Unless deadlifts and rows somehow increased the thickness of my wrists.

5'7 145 lbs.

I think a lot of 155 lb MMA fighters are 5 ft 7, around 165 lbs walk around weight.

Back