Ill Will Brooks. Is it Time?

I couldn't believe that Nik Lentz fight. He was looking good and then.... that takedown
{<doc}

I couldn't believe the odds. I just bet tiny amounts for fun, by I had Lentz on a few parlays at +350. Why anyone would have thought a 1-2 Brooks was a shoe-in to defeat a long time competitive UFC mainstay in Lentz is beyond me.

Seemed liked to me that Brooks had a highly inflated sense of self worth even though he hasn't done anything in the UFC.
Yeah I was pretty high on him to though. His debut against a shot Ross Pearson was a little iffy but I thought it was just octagon jitters and he'd start a nice win streak into title contention but nope, went the complete opposite of that.

Deserves / should get a final shot at a top 10 fighter. Lose and get cut.

Definitely doesn't deserve that. Any credits he carried over from Bellator are gone.

If a guy like James Vick can't get a shot at a top 10 guy at the moment, then no way does Brooks deserve it.

Always thought his striking was his biggest weakness, his striking doesn't look fluid or natural to me.

Yup but he improved his striking game a lot during his Bellator's run
Do you remember Chandler 2 and Jansen's fights? He was doing some crazy matrix moves there

I think the best for him would be sign for ACB, One or KSW

Barely scraped past old Ross Pearson for his only UFC win
Dudes not a bad fighter but he's a definite flake

He signed a 4 fight deal with UFC, and he has had 4 fights in UFC now.. so I imagine he is getting cut, I don't believe they will give him a new contract because he doesn't have a very cheap contract and he has looked awful in UFC.

He needs to be inspired by Erik Silva to one day untap his potential to become UFC champ

Yup but he improved his striking game a lot during his Bellator's run
Do you remember Chandler 2 and Jansen's fights? He was doing some crazy matrix moves there

I think the best for him would be sign for ACB, One or KSW

I dunno man, I wasn't overly impressed with his striking although he's made some improvements.

Yeah I was pretty high on him to though. His debut against a shot Ross Pearson was a little iffy but I thought it was just octagon jitters and he'd start a nice win streak into title contention but nope, went the complete opposite of that.

100 per cent

He's definitely underachieved but nowhere near being cut. He'll get at least a couple more chances to right the ship.

He's definitely underachieved but nowhere near being cut. He'll get at least a couple more chances to right the ship.

I don't see how he's deserving of two more chances. He's been finished 3x in a row....

I don't see how he's deserving of two more chances. He's been finished 3x in a row....
I wouldn't say he's deserving of 2 more chances, I just think he'll get them since he's not exactly a scrub coming from the minor leagues. If anything, he would make a good gate-keeper for those trying to break into the top 15.

I wouldn't say he's deserving of 2 more chances, I just think he'll get them since he's not exactly a scrub coming from the minor leagues. If anything, he would make a good gate-keeper for those trying to break into the top 15.

Got ya. Doubful IMO, the UFC can have jobbers for much cheaper than Brooks

How did he beat Chandler? Chandler is a monster!!

I still believe Brooks had a little bit of bad luck in the UFC, though. Didnt see the Lentz fight, but sounds kinda flukey as well?

Someone compared him and Benson Henderson on Twitter.

Exact parallel there. World Champ in one organization goes to another and loses going 1-3 with the one win questionable with supposedly easier competition for one and obviously harder competition for the other.

Only one thing left to do... Book Brooks Vs. Henderson, just have to figure out which promotion it would take place in...

Nah it wasn’t flukey at all. Lentz got the same guillotine choke wrapped up on Brooks in the first round when Brooks took him down, Lentz wasn’t able to finish him though.

Second round, Brooks takes him down again and Lentz got a better grip on him that time and finished him off.

How did he beat Chandler? Chandler is a monster!!

I still believe Brooks had a little bit of bad luck in the UFC, though. Didnt see the Lentz fight, but sounds kinda flukey as well?

HTZM8q3.jpg

Forget plateau, his skill set seems to have regressed.

His striking looks forced and there’s no commitment in his takedown attempts. He seems to be fighting with no confidence.

It would be foolish to write him off BUT he’s gotta put in the work and it all starts with the striking imo. Brooks NEEDS to feel comfortable on the feet and the rest of his game will open up.

Maybe extensive work with Cordeiro or a trip out to Thailand might help.

Yeah whether going to a new camp or just changing what he focuses on at ATT, Brooks needs to revamp his game. I said in an other thread, I think he's still young enough that he could go to another org for a couple years and make his way back to the UFC, but that has to start soon because smaller weight fighters usually aren't the guys able to fight until they're 42.

Back