I'll Be With You Soon

There's a schizophrenic homeless guy in my neighborhood. His posts are better.

Read the first paragraph with the 1991. Got bored, looked for a cliff and saw the last paragraph mentioning Vancouver B.C which got me interested since its my hometown. Tried re-reading it but couldn't finish it.
That is sort of what everyone has said. If you read regularly it isn't much of a task, but those who seldom read find it tedious and wordy. I do appreciate you trying though. It was all for fun on my end.

Oh shit that cat is my favourite. I read phantoms, fear nothing, fuck i can't remember the name of the second story and from the corner of his eye. I think there was a 5th but I'd have to check my shelf.

Had to look up the second story: seize the night.
Intensity is my favorite

Intensity is my favorite
I also read that book. Great read. Here is some info I never share with anyone. I was in a rap group in 2006 and the guy I rapped with was a huge Dean Koontz guy and that is how I discovered "Intensity."

Oh shit that cat is my favourite. I read phantoms, fear nothing, fuck i can't remember the name of the second story and from the corner of his eye. I think there was a 5th but I'd have to check my shelf.

Had to look up the second story: seize the night.
I really liked Phantoms. And Intensity.

I also read that book. Great read. Here is some info I never share with anyone. I was in a rap group in 2006 and the guy I rapped with was a huge Dean Koontz guy and that is how I discovered "Intensity."

That’s awesome- I was as well, coincidentally, back in 2004. We called ourselves 100 Records (lol)

Yes- I love the completely nihilistic behavior of the antagonist. But ultimately the story is about good, evil, and pure survival. I really wish he wrote a sequel to this one. I wanted that a lot more than an Odd Thomas sequel.

That’s awesome- I was as well, coincidentally, back in 2004. We called ourselves 100 Records (lol)

Yes- I love the completely nihilistic behavior of the antagonist. But ultimately the story is about good, evil, and pure survival. I really wish he wrote a sequel to this one. I wanted that a lot more than an Odd Thomas sequel.
We called ourselves Expired License and we were no good!

There was about five of us in the back of a warn-out blue pickup. A blue tarp acted as the canopy and we huddled together trying not to cause a disturbance. You could see through a small crack as we traveled through dirt and unmanned roads. The beauty of the trees all sequenced wonderfully in perfect symmetry was a sight that has never escaped my mind. Much different than the sprawling Jewish Ghetto of Krakow, or the ruins of Warsaw. We were traveling to Gdansk, a twelve hour drive that would probably take you five or six today with the advent of a modern highway system developed in 2012.

Kacper, my father was very anxious. A hard working but poor man, he worked as a consultant in Krakow for most of his life. He grew up in a section of Krakow known as the Jewish Ghetto. Just for some clarification, the Jewish Ghetto is still there today and is very nice, the name is more about significance rather than being a poor or dangerous neighborhood. The significance of the name is a reminder that it was a holding ground for Poles and others awaiting a train ride to Auschwitz. My grandfather Ben never took that train ride, he was captured during the first invasion by Czech troops and jailed for the duration of the war, only to be released to find his community was a ghost town. But they would rebuild.

We were going to Gdansk help my father's friend on a fishing trip. This wasn't strange to me. We did odd jobs all the time as kids. Rake some neighbors leafs, clean their house, bring friends and family Gołąbki*. We were very active in the neighborhood and all of my family volunteered at the Jewish Community Center in Krakow, which remains there today.

* a dish popular in cuisines of Central and Eastern Europe, made from boiled cabbage leaves wrapped around a filling of minced pork or beef, chopped onions, and rice or barley.

We arrived in Gdansk at the docks and saw a group of men standing around smoking cigarettes. My mother was there as well as my sister. That hadn't traveled with us so I was a bit surprised to see them there. I had a backpack and the clothes I was wearing. I loved basketball, so everything I ever wanted was basketball related and so when my dad came out of the truck with a ball and said "Zagrajmy!*" any apprehension I had dissipated.

*Let's play!

There was no hoop, just the two of us with the ball. Some of the other kids played as well but my dad told them "pozostawiać,*" and the two of us kept dribbling and passing the ball. A small boat no bigger than the truck we rode in on pulled up to the dock and my dad hurried over to help it get tied on. Some of my family and friends began boarding, no more than fifteen people total.

*Go away

I was waved over by my father. I grabbed my backpack and walked to the boat. My dad grabbed me and clutched the back of my head. I was his only son, and no matter how much he may have loved my sister, our relationship was different. He saw the world as dangerous and worrisome place, especially in Poland, where a lot of major changes were happening to our government during this time. For better or worse, my dad worried that the lack of stability would be harmful for me to grow up in.

I was standing on the dock, the boat rocking back in forth in the immense and infinite Bering Sea. My dad put his forehead to mine and told me in English, "I'll be with you soon." I had so many questions but my dad pushed me on the boat and my mother grabbed me and led me down to the cabin. That would be the last time I saw my father for twenty three years.

The boat was headed to Sweeden and from there we flew to Vancouver. My dad never came to Canada but called a lot. I still speak a little Polish still but no Russian (when I was a kid that was what they taught us in school). My sister has a family in East Van and I see them all the time. My mom moved back to Poland after we became adults. I moved to Poland in 2014 and was reunited with my dad (not living with him) and he was able to form a relationship with my son. In 2017 I moved with my wife and son to Mexico City.
My input:

This is pretty cool- sounds like the beginning of an Eastern Promises sequel or some European/cartel mob epic

My input:

This is pretty cool- sounds like the beginning of an Eastern Promises sequel or some European/cartel mob epic
Thanks man. I love writing. I used to belong to writing forums but the folks were so snobbish it was intolerable. It's funny cuz on sherdog you get some heat but not like salty heat. I'm not suggesting my writing is great but I enjoy doing it and I feel comfortable with any response I get on here which is mostly "didn't read" lol

Brooooo we suuuuuuuuucked lmao....might post an old picture for the lolz if I can find it...
This was way back during our myspace run lol. A couple Polish dudes who grew up in Canada making a rap album in America lol.
full.jpg

full.jpg

The one below is me
full.jpg

if you do I will for sure
Damn I was just looking for it...one of my old friends had posted a mixtape album cover with us on the front a long time ago but it got taken down apparently (lol)

There was about five of us in the back of a warn-out blue pickup. A blue tarp acted as the canopy and we huddled together trying not to cause a disturbance. You could see through a small crack as we traveled through dirt and unmanned roads. The beauty of the trees all sequenced wonderfully in perfect symmetry was a sight that has never escaped my mind. Much different than the sprawling Jewish Ghetto of Krakow, or the ruins of Warsaw. We were traveling to Gdansk, a twelve hour drive that would probably take you five or six today with the advent of a modern highway system developed in 2012.

Kacper, my father was very anxious. A hard working but poor man, he worked as a consultant in Krakow for most of his life. He grew up in a section of Krakow known as the Jewish Ghetto. Just for some clarification, the Jewish Ghetto is still there today and is very nice, the name is more about significance rather than being a poor or dangerous neighborhood. The significance of the name is a reminder that it was a holding ground for Poles and others awaiting a train ride to Auschwitz. My grandfather Ben never took that train ride, he was captured during the first invasion by Czech troops and jailed for the duration of the war, only to be released to find his community was a ghost town. But they would rebuild.

We were going to Gdansk help my father's friend on a fishing trip. This wasn't strange to me. We did odd jobs all the time as kids. Rake some neighbors leafs, clean their house, bring friends and family Gołąbki*. We were very active in the neighborhood and all of my family volunteered at the Jewish Community Center in Krakow, which remains there today.

* a dish popular in cuisines of Central and Eastern Europe, made from boiled cabbage leaves wrapped around a filling of minced pork or beef, chopped onions, and rice or barley.

We arrived in Gdansk at the docks and saw a group of men standing around smoking cigarettes. My mother was there as well as my sister. That hadn't traveled with us so I was a bit surprised to see them there. I had a backpack and the clothes I was wearing. I loved basketball, so everything I ever wanted was basketball related and so when my dad came out of the truck with a ball and said "Zagrajmy!*" any apprehension I had dissipated.

*Let's play!

There was no hoop, just the two of us with the ball. Some of the other kids played as well but my dad told them "pozostawiać,*" and the two of us kept dribbling and passing the ball. A small boat no bigger than the truck we rode in on pulled up to the dock and my dad hurried over to help it get tied on. Some of my family and friends began boarding, no more than fifteen people total.

*Go away

I was waved over by my father. I grabbed my backpack and walked to the boat. My dad grabbed me and clutched the back of my head. I was his only son, and no matter how much he may have loved my sister, our relationship was different. He saw the world as dangerous and worrisome place, especially in Poland, where a lot of major changes were happening to our government during this time. For better or worse, my dad worried that the lack of stability would be harmful for me to grow up in.

I was standing on the dock, the boat rocking back in forth in the immense and infinite Bering Sea. My dad put his forehead to mine and told me in English, "I'll be with you soon." I had so many questions but my dad pushed me on the boat and my mother grabbed me and led me down to the cabin. That would be the last time I saw my father for twenty three years.

The boat was headed to Sweeden and from there we flew to Vancouver. My dad never came to Canada but called a lot. I still speak a little Polish still but no Russian (when I was a kid that was what they taught us in school). My sister has a family in East Van and I see them all the time. My mom moved back to Poland after we became adults. I moved to Poland in 2014 and was reunited with my dad (not living with him) and he was able to form a relationship with my son. In 2017 I moved with my wife and son to Mexico City.
Needs more tits.

@TITS

This was way back during our myspace run lol. A couple Polish dudes who grew up in Canada making a rap album in America lol.
full.jpg

full.jpg

The one below is me
full.jpg
Hell yeah!!!! Stuntin’ on them fools!!! Bro we should have been guest MC’s in the day....can’t fuck with tha Billabong tee tho!!!

Damn man I’m going to keep trying to find that old pic of me and my crew

Hell yeah!!!! Stuntin’ on them fools!!! Bro we should have been guest MC’s in the day....can’t fuck with tha Billabong tee tho!!!

Damn man I’m going to keep trying to find that old pic of me and my crew
Lol

Back