Ilir Latifi was on my train to UFC Fight Night London.

You say that like it means something. He's a small time fighter in a niche sport but he's gonna get treatment like a legit star come on man. This is trolling bullshit. No one knows or cares about latifi.
Not saying he should get a limo or a Rolls Royce picking him up.

When I fly to other city on business, I get a car picking me up and taking me to the office. Why should a man who is working for a huge company like the UFC not get the same treatment?

Not hard, how much will a car from a local hotel be? £15-20?
I dunno rental car prices in the UK, so maybe I'm wrong here, but in the US it'd be more than that by a lot. You're looking at an SUV or van for 5-6 people, minimum of $70/day here. More if you say you'll be going to another state (even if it's right across the river from where you rent the car). Plus you'll need insurance, so if your regular car insurance doesn't cover you for rentals, you'll need to buy that, too.

Maybe it's different in the UK, but I just looked it up on one of the big American car rental sites. Still not "a lot" by $4.2 billion WME-IMG standards, but more than £15-20.

People always think they are taller then someone close to there height when looking at them from a couple of meters away.

Thats one unorthodox thread.War Sherdog...

Yeah i've seen him in person, at a MMA event a week or so before he was thrown in against moose actually. He's short and stocky alright.

Good stuff.

Did you manage to tell him all about who the real Eddie Alvarez is? Maybe he doesn't know either.

I found it interesting that he wasn't getting a car to the venue - WME-IMG that tight on money?

Eh, perhaps I'm just being cynical - maybe he has friends in London and he just went along with them.

He was with like 4-5 other dudes and they were all talking Swedish, I didn't want to be the one fanboy to go over and start asking for pictures - I'm just not that guy. Still pretty cool to see fighters in person though.

For those who are interested, I thought it would be an interesting opportunity to get a gauge on these listed heights that the UFC publish for their fighters. Ilir was pretty short! He's listed at 5'10 and I was a good inch taller, so either he's shorter than the billed 5'10" or I am indeed 5'11" - which I didn't think I was - but hey, maybe I'm wrong.

He was a tank though, the sort of guy that you might underestimate because of height - and the next thing you know you're in hospital with 3 broken bones.

Managed to see Ngannou from a distance also - absolute beast.

Really cool card, had a great time.

Back