Ilir Latifi was on my train to UFC Fight Night London.

He was tanky.. yeah I guess thats hard to fake right
maxresdefault.jpg

ilir-latifi-lutador-de-mma-1364949518879_300x300.jpg

He's not worth nearly enough to get driven to an event, probably making less than 100k a year.

Exactly, he's not worthy of being able to utilise any mode of transport. He's a manlet from the sound of things. Should be walking there

If it's only £15-20 - why does he need the UFC to provide that for him? Do you want them to get rooms for every guy on the roster too? Pick up their meals while they're at it?
Well now you're trying to play both sides.

You cannot in one breath say it's not the UFC's responsibility because he's essentially "not big enough" - making it out that it would be some waste of funds or resource.

Then in the second breath say well if it's that cheap then can't he pay for himself?

The dude is a UFC fighter, attending a UFC event - hook the guy up man.

Not hard, how much will a car from a local hotel be? £15-20?

You're getting these guys to take the subway now? Guy is a top 15, 205lb fighter and the guy can't even get a car?

Come on son.
Was he on the tube to the Venue or getting a train into London? Even if I'd drove to London, I'd still take the tube to go to an event.

Was he on the tube to the Venue or getting a train into London? Even if I'd drove to London, I'd still take the tube to go to an event.
It was the tube.

It's convenient, don't get me wrong, I'm just saying that you don't see Footballers on the train. The UFC should hook these guys up, because I bet you he's not the only guy who had to get public transport.

You should have gone old school, gotten the photo and make him look shorter than you.

Also, public transport > driving in London. Latifi is smart

I found it interesting that he wasn't getting a car to the venue - WME-IMG that tight on money?

Eh, perhaps I'm just being cynical - maybe he has friends in London and he just went along with them.

He was with like 4-5 other dudes and they were all talking Swedish, I didn't want to be the one fanboy to go over and start asking for pictures - I'm just not that guy. Still pretty cool to see fighters in person though.

For those who are interested, I thought it would be an interesting opportunity to get a gauge on these listed heights that the UFC publish for their fighters. Ilir was pretty short! He's listed at 5'10 and I was a good inch taller, so either he's shorter than the billed 5'10" or I am indeed 5'11" - which I didn't think I was - but hey, maybe I'm wrong.

He was a tank though, the sort of guy that you might underestimate because of height - and the next thing you know you're in hospital with 3 broken bones.

Managed to see Ngannou from a distance also - absolute beast.

Really cool card, had a great time.

How can you tell you are an inch taller than someone, are you somehow able toleave your body and see where the top of your head is compared wwith the top of his head? I find this sort of thing unfathomable

It was the tube.

It's convenient, don't get me wrong, I'm just saying that you don't see Footballers on the train. The UFC should hook these guys up, because I bet you he's not the only guy who had to get public transport.
I saw Eddie Alvarez a week ago, do you know him?

{<Mcgoat}

Hardly anyone drives in London, parking costs too much and it's much more convenient to take tubes/taxis

Nice try TS.

We all know Latifi travels by horse.

Its a busy city, taking the train during a big event is a better idea, this doesn't mean that Latifi can't afford a car lol

He probably is still unfit to drive after that sweet knee to the face.

Not hard, how much will a car from a local hotel be? £15-20?

You're getting these guys to take the subway now? Guy is a top 15, 205lb fighter and the guy can't even get a car?

Come on son.

You say that like it means something. He's a small time fighter in a niche sport but he's gonna get treatment like a legit star come on man. This is trolling bullshit. No one knows or cares about latifi.

Back