Ilir Latifi to Daniel Cormier: 'Defend or vacate'

Lmao at the LHW division.

Seriosuly, just fold it. At least do a tournament for the title once DC inevitably vacates to make it interesting.

I have no interest in seeing Gus fight Latifi for a 'championship' belt.

Hate it when people who aren't gonna ever be champs complain about champs. Makes sense when it's legit contenders, but when it's dudes like latifi, it's just dumb.

Wtf is this guy thinking making demands of DC?
giphy.gif

Not to mention:

ezgif-1-f2a89622e9.gif

Bader is a top 5 LHW in the sport. What are you yapping about?
And? Where did I say Bader isn't top 5? I implied that if Latifi lost so badly to Bader he would be absolutely crushed by DC who is levels above Bader.

Latifi is just way out of his league, trying to start some shit and calling out dude who had balls to go up and fight the HW champ while Latifi is there getting KOed by Baders of this world.

This may be a controversial opinion, but I think Latifi is lowkey the most handsome LHW fighter on the roster. Which seems odd given that he is a bald manlet, yet somehow he defies those handicaps and still exudes an aura of majestic manliness.

Had a fight a month ago and Latifi wants him to be stripped ? We don't know what DC's or the UFC's plans are yet.

i

"Honestly, I don't think he's going to come down any more," Latifi told ESPN. "I think he's playing around, seeing what money fights he can make. I understand that in a way, but something needs to happen at 205. There are guys who want that shot at a title or interim title.

"He says a lot of things. He's said he'll fight me. I told him to be a man of his word and do it. If he's looking for more comfortable fights, he shouldn't be champ."

"I heard Jon Jones is coming back this year. Rumors, you know?" Latifi said. "You see what he's posting on social media, you get an indication he's getting back. Let's see. I don't think Cormier fights Jon Jones again. I see Alex [Gustafsson] fighting Jon, but if not, I would love to fight Jon, too."

"Either he comes down and defends against me this year, or they have to make an interim title or force him to step down from the title," Latifi said. "It's only fair. I think what he's done for the sport is great, and he's a great champion, but it's a new time now."

http://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/...rmier-man-word-vacate-light-heavyweight-title
kneed and ko'd by bader even though I thought latifi was winning that fight till he got floored
then he got ko'd by blahowicz. gtfho you peasant. You will get pummeled into oblivion by dc, jones and probably by jan blahowicz again rofl. Go fight gus or volkan.

Yeah, the UFC needs more champs with multiple losses to Bellator fighters.

You mean like the reigning 170 champ with a loss to the Bellator champ? Or when Lawler was champ and couldn't compete with strikeforce competition until he made it back to the UFC.

LHW is in such a sad state right now. DC already destroyed the only decent prospect and now all that are left are old also-rans like Latifi. >_<

You mean like the reigning 170 champ with a loss to the Bellator champ? Or when Lawler was champ and couldn't compete with strikeforce competition until he made it back to the UFC.

Yeah, exactly. Their brand doesn't need any more champs who are clearly not the best in the world in their weight class.

You know LHW is in a bad way when Latifi is convinced hes #1 contender.
This! I’m reading dIlirious Latifi talking like he’s actually deserving! What a joke, he lost so many and is so not deserving.

even if Daniel vacates, Ilir still ain't ever touching that strap.

As long as the champ makes each fight a different defense Im ok with that. If DC fights at HW next then his next fight has to be at LHW and vice versa. If a fighter wants money fights then they should give up a belt and pick the div they want to defend.

Back