Ilir Latifi to Daniel Cormier: 'Defend or vacate'

NandoMoura

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
i

"Honestly, I don't think he's going to come down any more," Latifi told ESPN. "I think he's playing around, seeing what money fights he can make. I understand that in a way, but something needs to happen at 205. There are guys who want that shot at a title or interim title.

"He says a lot of things. He's said he'll fight me. I told him to be a man of his word and do it. If he's looking for more comfortable fights, he shouldn't be champ."

"I heard Jon Jones is coming back this year. Rumors, you know?" Latifi said. "You see what he's posting on social media, you get an indication he's getting back. Let's see. I don't think Cormier fights Jon Jones again. I see Alex [Gustafsson] fighting Jon, but if not, I would love to fight Jon, too."

"Either he comes down and defends against me this year, or they have to make an interim title or force him to step down from the title," Latifi said. "It's only fair. I think what he's done for the sport is great, and he's a great champion, but it's a new time now."

http://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/...rmier-man-word-vacate-light-heavyweight-title

Imagine how silly Latifi would look fighting Jones

You know LHW is in a bad way when Latifi is convinced hes #1 contender.

Shut up Latifi and go ride a horse.

this is the same shit Volkan Ozdemir or whatever said

Cormier sighed, took the fight anyway, and it looks like he was ragdolling me around the cage

Latifi is 14-5, got KO'd by the one decent guy he fought 2 fights ago

got TKO'd by other journeyman

lost to a middleweight (Gegard)

no thanks Latifi

LHW has become a sad state of affairs when fighters like Latifi, Corey Anderson, Manuwa, Blachowisz and Volkan are top contenders.

Daniel Cormier- " You're not the boss of me. <DC-Champ>"

whats with all these LHW that pulled out all the sudden ready to fight for a title...

wtf is going on in that gym consistently pull out of fights then ask for a title shot.
<DisgustingHHH>

Well, even if Latifi himself may not deserve it just right now, his point is still valid.

It's so annoying when champs are playing these games.

Well, even if Latifi himself may not deserve it just right now, his point is still valid.

It's so annoying when champs are playing these games.
Agreed, he clearly wants to cherry pick easy paydays for his last fight(s), so drop the belt(s) and let things move on. It's not like the he himself or the belt are a big selling points in the "money" fights he's trying to get, people will watch Brock DC belt or not.

Back