Ikram Aliskerov vs Phil Hawes

We need a GIF of the finish :)
ikram-aliskerov-phil-hawes.gif

Would love to see him fight Nickal

the UFC seems to want to build nickal the super slow way. I think it's dumb if he's that talented he should get a top 15 fight after UFC 300, the MW division is thin anyway outside of the top 5

Would've been neat to see some grappling exchanges between each guy, but this outcome wasn't all that surprising I guess. Aliskerov's level of competition thus far inside the UFC hasn't been stellar, but I'm eager to see how he handles Fluffy.

I think Hawes get’s KO’d in his next bout.

One of the safest predictions possible. Hawes was always a tad chinny with occasional lapses in striking defense -- even at his best. Now he is outright damaged goods. Dude has been KO'd stiff in three of his seven UFC appearances. Despite beating Daukaus and Imavov there were points where he got his shit rocked badly in both fights. Hell, even Deron Winn briefly tagged him in between being a heavy bag.

What's worse is that on top of all this concussive damage, Dolidze snatched up his knee and tried to take Hawes's leg home with him prior to landing the KO. I don't know how much damage Phil ended up with from that leg-lock, but judging by the torque on the joint and the way he was limping across the Octagon like a wounded animal afterward and before Roman killed him I can only imagine it was bad news.

Last edited:
Would've been neat to see some grappling exchanges between each guy, but this outcome wasn't all that surprising I guess. Aliskerov's level of competition thus far inside the UFC hasn't been stellar, but I'm eager to see how he handles Fluffy.

One of the safest predictions possible. Hawes was always a tad chinny with occasional lapses in striking defense -- even at his best. Now he is outright damaged goods. Dude has been KO'd stiff in three of his seven UFC appearances. Despite beating Daukaus and Imavov there were points where he got his shit rocked badly in both fights. Hell, even Deron Winn briefly tagged him in between being a heavy bag.

What's worse is that on top of all the concussive damage, Dolidze snatched up his knee and tried to take Phil's leg home with him prior to the KO. I don't know how much damage he ended up with from that leg lock, but judging by the torque on the joint and the way he was limping across the Octagon like a wounded animal before Roman killed him I can only imagine it was bad news.
Shame too, Hawes has the tools to be really good and is a physical beast.

Shame too, Hawes has the tools to be really good and is a physical beast.

Agreed, he gets a bum rap from people but he has an okay resume and a pretty solid set of tools at a glance. Unfortunately I feel like at this point anyone on the Middleweight roster is live against him considering the level of damage he has sustained.

What's worse is that on top of all this concussive damage, Dolidze snatched up his knee and tried to take Hawes's leg home with him prior to landing the KO. I don't know how much damage Phil ended up with from that leg-lock, but judging by the torque on the joint and the way he was limping across the Octagon like a wounded animal afterward and before Roman killed him I can only imagine it was bad news.
Reminds me of what Dolidze did to Hermansen. Jesus christ. Back mount calf slicer ground n pound. I can't think of many people more unfortunate to fight relative to weight class

Yeah, Hawes is one of those guys you'd never expect to skid out as quick as he did. I'm rooting for him against Brunno Fereira, who certainly hits hard, but is realistically, is the much less polished fighter.

Unless Phil can bust out his singlet, though, I suspect he might get banged out from a flush shot. Who knows, though? Brunno got nuked in his last one, maybe Phil can succeed playing the Glass Cannon in this one?

Yeah, Hawes is one of those guys you'd never expect to skid out as quick as he did. I'm rooting for him against Brunno Fereira, who certainly hits hard, but is realistically, is the much less polished fighter.

Unless Phil can bust out his singlet, though, I suspect he might get banged out from a flush shot. Who knows, though? Brunno got nuked in his last one, maybe Phil can succeed playing the Glass Cannon in this one?

Think Hawes' gets KO'd personally. His chin has always been a problem.

Ikram showcased some flaws in his defence and he isn't quite the top 5 talent some people seem to believe (yet) but he showed more promise in his win here.

His jab, offensive footwork and killer instinct (combinations for finishes) is something that can take him deep into the MW rankings. A high IQ jab doesn't need to look like Mousasi's but I do think Ikram's ability to cut range with it and do damage to open up defences will lead to him dictating most fights with authority early his feinting seems a bit forced though so thatll need to sharpen up.... can he dictate range with his jab to catch his breath? I have no idea yet but if he can and shows it against fluffy, Ikram will be a problem for any MW. But as far as we know he's more content to use it for pressure Hawes and Alves are both offensively potent and very slick so the fact they got overwhelmed and trapped for finishes early is impressive. Win or lose I do expect him to gas against Fluffy if he doesn't get an early finish and it will be important for his career how he adjusts.

As for Hawes it's such a shame he's on the loss streak he is because as others are pointing out he's pretty damn skilled and he's looked phenomenal in his losses to Curtis and Doldize before they starched him. He reminds me of Robocop where both guys offensively are high level but defensively they sorta just stand there and eat shots when they're not actively pressuring or fainting.

Reminds me of what Dolidze did to Hermansen. Jesus christ. Back mount calf slicer ground n pound. I can't think of many people more unfortunate to fight relative to weight class
Yeah that was fucking wicked. Both fights forced me to realize just how insane Dolidze's bottom game/guard is. He is one of the only guys who is legitimately dangerous off his back in a "the floor is lava" kind of way -- a trait which I find to be rare in modern MMA in general, to say nothing of at the higher weight classes. Roman is a former Heavyweight now fighting Middleweights, much like Cannonier.

It gets even crazier when one realizes that both Hawes and Hermansson are very competent MMA grapplers. Phil got submitted once very early in his pro career, but is an otherwise talented wrestler and Daukaus was never able to get his ground game going against him. Hermansson was previously seen as one of the guys with the scariest mat games in the division; the dude outhustled Jacare bad and nearly subbed him, guillotined GM3 and Branch with ease, outscrambled Leites and pounded him out despite having a broken rib, heel hooked Gastelum... Jack is very legit and a tough guy to grapple with, but Roman clowned him like a White Belt off his back which honestly still blows my mind to think about.

It's one of the reasons I hope we get to see Dolidze/Allen one day. Both guys have a claim to having some of the slickest pure BJJ in the division. Roman and Paul would have been fun, but I feel like we've seen Craig's ceiling more so than with Dolidze.

Back