IJF bans Travis Stevens from doing BJJ

For those that are interested in nerdy details about how Travis get paid from his judo competitions;

Somehow, I think this will be Travis and the IJF president

STEVENS FOR STEVE AUSTIN!

There are no (that I know of) pro bjj athletes. There are pro seminar speakers, pro teachers, and pro business owners who compete.

IJF is doing what IJF does.

Lol at "professionals". The whole amateur concept was invented by bored inbred English lords with fuck you money anyway. God forbid a person makes a decent lifestyle with his abilities, it might corrupt the core values of gathering people together to see who can throw stuff the farthest, swim back and forth in a straight line, or run in a circle real fast.

For those that are interested in nerdy details about how Travis get paid from his judo competitions;

I am but not enough to watch a video. Cliffs?

Lol at "professionals". The whole amateur concept was invented by bored inbred English lords with fuck you money anyway. God forbid a person makes a decent lifestyle with his abilities, it might corrupt the core values of gathering people together to see who can throw stuff the farthest, swim back and forth in a straight line, or run in a circle real fast.

The olympic ideals are rooted into the very core of judo, Jigoro Kano was the first Asian member of IOC and a near friend of baron Pierre Coubertin and other "inbreed English lords". This mentality of "amateurism" is still very present in judo that traditionally used to be a higher middle class sport in contrary to wrestling and boxing that were typical workingclass pasttime.

He is 30 already, so i dont think he has anything left for him at the next olympics, he simply should stop competing in IJF tournaments, simple as that.

The olympic ideals are rooted into the very core of judo, Jigoro Kano was the first Asian member of IOC and a near friend of baron Pierre Coubertin and other "inbreed English lords". This mentality of "amateurism" is still very present in judo that traditionally used to be a higher middle class sport in contrary to wrestling and boxing that were typical workingclass pasttime.

"Amateurism". Winning anything in the Olympics is about selecting the biggest genetic freaks, throwing money at them,, trying to game the rules as much as possible, and getting away with taking the most drugs and supplements without getting busted. It's entertaining though :D

In the end, it's still silly games and pastimes. Judo isn't important, winning medals for your country doesn't mean anything if you can read between the lines a bit, and it all shouldn't be taken so seriously. I'm saying this as a physed teacher by the way. Sports are cool and everything, but let's not pretend soccer players and judokas are curing cancer and building electric cars.

"Amateurism". Winning anything in the Olympics is about selecting the biggest genetic freaks, throwing money at them,, trying to game the rules as much as possible, and getting away with taking the most drugs and supplements without getting busted. It's entertaining though :D

In the end, it's still silly games and pastimes. Judo isn't important, winning medals for your country doesn't mean anything if you can read between the lines a bit, and it all shouldn't be taken so seriously. I'm saying this as a physed teacher by the way. Sports are cool and everything, but let's not pretend soccer players and judokas are curing cancer and building electric cars.

Th Olympic games is still important for smaller countries though, even if a medal seem to be relatively de-valuated in the USA. Israel took two bronze medals in the OG in Rio (judo) and those guys became pretty much national heroes. The same in places like Brazil, Colombia, Kosovo etc..

Th Olympic games is still important for smaller countries though, even if a medal seem to be relatively de-valuated in the USA. Israel took two bronze medals in the OG in Rio (judo) and those guys became pretty much national heroes. The same in places like Brazil, Colombia, Kosovo etc..

Oh people definitely act like sports and the olympics matter. Look at how much money pro athletes make, and look at all the big pep talks about why winning that random game on Sunday is like crazy important and stuff. But if you think about it for a second, it's not important, and kicking a ball around is just what it is. And who gives a shit if Travis Stevens feels like butt scooting once in a while.

Makes since. They pay him to medal at the Olympics not risk injury in his side hobby.

He should play bjj and mma before his time is up.

Olympic athletes could not participate in professional sport years ago either, this is not only about IJF.
750x422

<cheer>

Travis Stevens seem to make 70 - 80'000 from competing in judo and this could probably be more than dobled since he is not incalculating sponsors - so my guestimate is that he makes somewhere around 200'000 per year. Lets say he quit judo to compete in BJJ and submission grappling - how much could he realistically make per year? - pricemoney and sponsors but not stuff like instruction or seminars etc.

Travis Stevens seem to make 70 - 80'000 from competing in judo and this could probably be more than dobled since he is not incalculating sponsors - so my guestimate is that he makes somewhere around 200'000 per year. Lets say he quit judo to compete in BJJ and submission grappling - how much could he realistically make per year? - pricemoney and sponsors but not stuff like instruction or seminars etc.

Huh? How do you figure he makes anywhere close to that? Going by that video?

If he made that much money, I doubt he would say "I don't make a lot of money, so I'd like to compete in this BJJ comp so I can make some extra money"

Where in America is 200 K a year not a lot of money.

Back