Ifl what went wrong?

flikerstance

floridaman
Banned
Reaction score
i loved the ifl it was an amazing idea they use to pay fighters to train and helped with housing the idea of teams vs teams from the top gyms is great why did it fail I don't see how it didn't make waves was it due to poor management?

it was all a weird gimmick

team vs team does not work

Couldn't bring the money in. No major tv deal.

I liked the team vs team concept. Reminded me of wrestling, which while individual competition, is also a team sport. I think if the IFL had started off with gym teams, rather than trying to bring in different guys with "coaches," they would have done better. The teams that essentially were that way already, Like Miletich's Quad City team, and the Anacondas, who all trained with that now deceased guy, were that way, and were the two best teams.

Couldn't bring the money in. No major tv deal.

I liked the team vs team concept. Reminded me of wrestling, which while individual competition, is also a team sport. I think if the IFL had started off with gym teams, rather than trying to bring in different guys with "coaches," they would have done better. The teams that essentially were that way already, Like Miletich's Quad City team, and the Anacondas, who all trained with that now deceased guy, were that way, and were the two best teams.
Think its Shawn Thompkins your refering too the Anacondas were beast Horodecki was the league poster boy before Ryan Shultz pretzeled him welterweight division was super deep with Jay Hieron,Rory Markham and Brad Blackburn was fun too watch back in the day

With I
Ufc destroying the mma gear clothing brands with reebok id think someone would get together and try to have big shows sponsorships bring out a lot of money

I agree with the post that team vs. team didn't work well in MMA.

Only to people who never really particpated in sports.

I played sports but I didn't feel the team concept fit well with the individual sport of MMA. Now in the Olympics, it would be real cool.

Aspects of the concept were cool. But they managed to find a way to make fighting corny.

I saw a guy wearing an IFL shirt a few months ago. I had to ask him about it. He said he worked at a bar yearsss ago and some promoter came and handed them out to anyone who wanted one. He didn't even know what it was until I told him.

Back