If You're Rooting For Khabib Against Conor, why?

You can't tell me I'm wrong in saying what I want to see. I want to see Conor fight more than Khabib. There's no match for Khabib that interests me more than any Conor match up.

Have you considered the fact that you might be a Conor fan?

"I like fighters who push the pace and don't gas.". Then why you rooting for Khabib? Home boy gassed as hard as Conor after ten minutes of being in complete control last time, only Al was more gassed and could not do shit. Conor gassed in 25 minutes vs May but Khabib gassed in a few minutes while losing to no name BJJ grappler Leonid Gatovskiy in a grappling match.

what? Round 5 was the highest paced round in that entire fight.

I just can't understand why anyone would want Khabib to beat Conor. He pulls out of fights, he generally employs a one-dimensional grappling attack that relies on a ton of wall and stall in order to get trips against the cage all without finishing people (not denying it's effective, but these are all things that people do not enjoy about mma generally), he's not very good on the mic and he's not a draw.

This is the guy you want to dispatch the most exciting thing about mma, the draw of all draws that makes mma feel like a big thing every single time, who dynamically finishes people and never pulls out of fights. Khabib might win, but if he does after a week goes by and the contrarian excitement fades you should feel sad that Conor is closer to retirement and in his place is someone that will likely hold the belt hostage with injuries or weight cutting troubles and when he does finally fight it won't feel like a big deal and you won't be expecting any sort of finish.

So my question is why do you root for Khabib? Why wouldn't you want Conor to win and stick around longer?

Because they're sad little losers!

Not every fighter is a flamboyant striker like the leprechaun and the guy in your av. Khabib mauling people was awesome and it's funny when you say he asked him to give up when he still fucking finished him, genius. And way to disrespect Iaquinta and Edson by doing everything they could to prevent Khabib from completely mauling them. I'm done with you.
@Mixedfights is retarded. Don't pay attention to him

I normally don't root for fighters. I just want to see entertaining fights. I love this fight because I think no matter what happens, there's a 90% chance of it being entertaining

Long-time Khabib fan, big fan of effective grappling in MMA. Been an MMA fan since its inception, before social media.

I also like Conors fighting style but I dislike his attitude and the shit he has turned the modern UFC in to. Hes made everyone cry about money, feel entitled, and now everyone is doing this fake shit talking.

And finally since Im a Sherdogger, are the ridiculous Conor fans. They think Conors left hand is gods lightning bolt and nobody stands a single shot or they are dead in stone. Somehow they forgot about those Diaz fights and how he couldnt KO Mayweather as promised by him and his fanbase.

I've actually done the math--the average height of the guys Conor finished in the UFC is 5'6 and a half.

I'm still not sure how his power will translate at LW.

Last edited:
Me personally, I just feel vindicated and glad that this fight is happening as an MMA fan. I said Conor would be champ after he absolutely murdered Buchinger and I was thoroughly sold on Khabib by 2014 and thought he was far and away the best lightweight by then. Both of them made excellent fighters look like clown shoes, but Sherdorks kept calling me a nut hugger for being a prophet. The fight I, along with many other hardcore fans wanted to see for the past 4 years, is this exact fight. Im also glad it's happening now, after Conor got humbled and patched up his holes, as I think he would have got murked pre 196.

Both guys have their weaknesses but both guys have strengths that are stronger than any fighter we have seen before; Khabib being the best MMA grappler and Conor the best MMA striker. On the weakness front, they both have shown to gas past the second round and they both have never fought fighters as good as the other one. And tho Conor has lost, unlike Khabib, he has fought much more frequently, fought much better opponents and does not pull out like
Khabib, even when injured,

what? Round 5 was the highest paced round in that entire fight.
He definitely let off the gas in round 3 vs RDA, Barboza and certainly Al thru round 3 and 4, and that was the only time he ever had to. Ame champ weight or go five rounds. Versus Nate, Conor ended up getting his gas back in round 4 too, so a similar case could be made for him.

I just feel 'Conor has a bad gas tank' is as fake news as ' Khabib has terrible striking'.

I hate Conor arrogance and disrespectful trash talk. I want him to be humiliated until he gets humbled.

I just can't understand why anyone would want Khabib to beat Conor. He pulls out of fights, he generally employs a one-dimensional grappling attack that relies on a ton of wall and stall in order to get trips against the cage all without finishing people (not denying it's effective, but these are all things that people do not enjoy about mma generally), he's not very good on the mic and he's not a draw.

This is the guy you want to dispatch the most exciting thing about mma, the draw of all draws that makes mma feel like a big thing every single time, who dynamically finishes people and never pulls out of fights. Khabib might win, but if he does after a week goes by and the contrarian excitement fades you should feel sad that Conor is closer to retirement and in his place is someone that will likely hold the belt hostage with injuries or weight cutting troubles and when he does finally fight it won't feel like a big deal and you won't be expecting any sort of finish.

So my question is why do you root for Khabib? Why wouldn't you want Conor to win and stick around longer?

upload_2018-8-10_12-40-35.png

Conor is all cronyism, Dana's Irish pride, racism, lame tattoos, questionable wins and undefended belts. We'd like to see progress in the division. We'd also rather not have a bunch of millennial casuals be the face of the UFC fandom.

Conor represents everything I hate about the world.

A man afraid of reality, afraid of the truth... dodging normal sized humans to fight manlets so he could con the world and inflate his ego.

His legion of fans are the scum of the earth...a bunch of normies that dont know shit about fighting and buy into the hype....these normies are easily manipulated by conor...thus Im sure these same conor fans are manipulated by governments and conmen all over the world(Donald Trump)

This fight is more than just an MMA fight...this fight is a reality check to every fucking pussy in this world, living in delusion.

If Khabib doesnt get the job done
......I will join the UFC and stop him myself...and when I do, ill bump this thread.
Go outside, get some air. It's just sports.

Clearly. Sometimes idiots like him need to be put back in place since they like to be right under Conor's nutsack.
The guy's posts are just absolute trash. He should be proud that he stands out so well

Because Conor doesn't defend belts, doesn't consistently fight top competition, and doesn't give anyone deserving a shot. I'd rather see a champion that was interested in being a champion, not a guy who can fight, but avoids all of the top contenders for bigger paydays instead. The WWE antics are fucking gay too, I really hate the way the sport shifted with the even bigger increase in exposure due to the Brock/Ronda/Conor stuff. It would be nice to have a champ that doesn't say a whole lot, but when he does its fucking terrifying instead of some stupid shtick.

Sick of the manufactured hype. Conner is a conman with the ownership as his accomplices. He never defended a belt anywhere. That means other fighters were fucked over, and, from a historical viewpoint, the lineage of two belts had to start over. 155's title picture is a big mess and there's not a clear champ now.

Because i like Khabib better thats why.

I attended one of his seminars when he was attempting to come back after the RDA fight and it made me like him even more. Anytime he pulled out of a fight I just wait till he comes back.You never turn on your favorite fighters. No matter how bad shit gets. My mind was made up after that RDA fight that this guy will be champion. I wrestle as a hobby and what this guy is able to do is phenomenal.
Awe inspiring. Never seen anything like it.
Im a fan of Conor's but theres no question who im pulling for in this fight.

^^^^^^

This guy he's it. Conor has polluted the sport.

I get the temptation on the part of UFC to falsely generate hype but it is shallow and fake. It's candy and you get sick of eating it.

How many true rivalries and how many real naturally occuring fight build ups have been squashed catering to this WWE stuff? Everything real that could have emerged has been drown out by louder explosions-- just like in shitty movies.

Correct. Conor has basically wrecked two divisions. A number of elite fighters who are charismatic and had/have the potential to become real stars have been hindered by this. This costs the UFC money, in that stars who would have emerged haven’t.

Likewise, the fixation with money fights has led to a movement away from maintenance of divisional architecture and hierarchy. Divisional architecture is the ONLY way in which meaningful stars (including Conor) emerge and have any legitimacy or longevity. If you don’t cultivate it, it again costs you money because elite guys never emerge or crack the glass ceiling.

Get back to fucking basics.

Back