If You're Rooting For Khabib Against Conor, why?

I just can't understand why anyone would want Khabib to beat Conor. He pulls out of fights, he generally employs a one-dimensional grappling attack that relies on a ton of wall and stall in order to get trips against the cage all without finishing people (not denying it's effective, but these are all things that people do not enjoy about mma generally), he's not very good on the mic and he's not a draw.

This is the guy you want to dispatch the most exciting thing about mma, the draw of all draws that makes mma feel like a big thing every single time, who dynamically finishes people and never pulls out of fights. Khabib might win, but if he does after a week goes by and the contrarian excitement fades you should feel sad that Conor is closer to retirement and in his place is someone that will likely hold the belt hostage with injuries or weight cutting troubles and when he does finally fight it won't feel like a big deal and you won't be expecting any sort of finish.

So my question is why do you root for Khabib? Why wouldn't you want Conor to win and stick around longer?

I'm rooting for Khabib to defend his title against a guy who'd rather be stripped of belts than defend titles, but demanded an immediate rematch of a meaningless fight because his ego got stung that he lost. A Conor that wins this fight is a Conor that is less likely to fight, not more.

Conor just isn't likable. He only appeals to people who think movies are real life. The only time I cheered for him was when I was playing imaginary friend and calling him GOAT during his first four UFC fights, but that was all just a single-along game.

Conor represents everything I hate about the world.

A man afraid of reality, afraid of the truth... dodging normal sized humans to fight manlets so he could con the world and inflate his ego.

His legion of fans are the scum of the earth...a bunch of normies that dont know shit about fighting and buy into the hype....these normies are easily manipulated by conor...thus Im surr these same conor fans are manipulated by governments and conman all over the world(Donald Trump)

This fight is more than just an MMA fight...this fight is a reality check to every fucking pussy in this world, living in delusion.

If Khabib doesnt get the job done
......I will join the UFC and stop him myself...and when I do, ill bump this thread.

you do realize khabib believes in god right? half his team is named islam.....so i would say they are quite delusional as well.

Haha the Conor hate is so strong in here. The man puts on great fights and has never been in a boring fight. You can hate him and want him to lose, but no one can deny he fights anyone, has a great resume and always puts on a show for fans. I'm strictly talking about Conor the athlete, not the person. Others hate him for his antics and etc and rightfully so, but as a fighter the man is very good and no one can say they have ever watched a boring Conor fight or didn't get there moneys worth watching him.

Khabib is a total piece of shit. I wont root for a guy that is a friend of Kadyrov and makes fun of homeless people.

Uuhhh because I've already seen Conor fight Dustin, Holloway and Alvarez. Khabib is the one I haven't seen fight top competition. I'm more interested in seeing Conor fight in massive, exciting fights against GSP then Khabib fighting people I've already seen Conor beat more impressively than Khabib ever could.
That's like saying you've seen Stipe beat other fighters more impressively than DC ever could and in both cases you are wrong.

"I want Khabib to win because someone on a mma forum made a thread asking for some opinions"

Yeah, that's a great reason to root for someone.
I didn’t say that’s my reason. But idiots like you making these shit threads questioning why people have the audacity to not root for who you root for is off putting and doesn’t help his cause. If you can’t see that a shitty and delusional fan base can turn people off, I’m not going to waste my time trying to convince you.

Lol....boring as fuck. Johnson fight sucked...he asked him to give up.Barboza was more boring bs decision. 1000 punches and still cant finish. Then he fought a inactive #11 and looked like shit. Didn't even finish #11.

I like Alvarez and Porier but whatever.
Not every fighter is a flamboyant striker like the leprechaun and the guy in your av. Khabib mauling people was awesome and it's funny when you say he asked him to give up when he still fucking finished him, genius. And way to disrespect Iaquinta and Edson by doing everything they could to prevent Khabib from completely mauling them. I'm done with you.

Both guys seem like thuggish punks. I would like to see them both lose.

But, first and foremost, I love MMA. I love the fact that belts mean something, unlike in boxing. I love what titles symbolise. And I love the meritocracy and (relative to boxing) lack of politics.

The bottom line is this: Conor's circus act has been highly destructive of the integrity of the sport. It has to be brought to an end before the damage becomes unfixable. Khabib is most likely the man to do that. Hence, despite the fact that Khabib seems despicable, I hope he wins.

This is not about Conor vs Khabib, at least not to me. It's about the WME circus vs the sport we all know and love.

Conor can still take non-title mega fights with Diaz, GSP, etc. Great. But we can't afford for him to possess a title.

Fans of the sport as a whole, as opposed to Conor McGregor, understand the damage he has done (and been permitted to do by the UFC).

^^^^^^

This guy he's it. Conor has polluted the sport.

I get the temptation on the part of UFC to falsely generate hype but it is shallow and fake. It's candy and you get sick of eating it.

How many true rivalries and how many real naturally occuring fight build ups have been squashed catering to this WWE stuff? Everything real that could have emerged has been drown out by louder explosions-- just like in shitty movies.

I didn’t say that’s my reason. But idiots like you making these shit threads questioning why people have the audacity to not root for who you root for is off putting and doesn’t help his cause. If you can’t see that a shitty and delusional fan base can turn people off, I’m not going to waste my time trying to convince you.

All I did was ask why, that doesn't make me an idiot, but if other people liking something is why you don't like it then you're an insecure idiot.

That's like saying you've seen Stipe beat other fighters more impressively than DC ever could and in both cases you are wrong.

You can't tell me I'm wrong in saying what I want to see. I want to see Conor fight more than Khabib. There's no match for Khabib that interests me more than any Conor match up.

You can't tell me I'm wrong in saying what I want to see. I want to see Conor fight more than Khabib. There's no match for Khabib that interests me more than any Conor match up.
I'm not telling you what you can't and can see. I'm saying you are wrong in saying Conor has beaten guys more impressively than Khabib could, which you are wrong. It's a conversation that only works when fights have come to past. Khabib has more finishes than he does decisions, he could finish fighters like Eddie and Poirer.

I just can't understand why anyone would want Khabib to beat Conor. He pulls out of fights, he generally employs a one-dimensional grappling attack that relies on a ton of wall and stall in order to get trips against the cage all without finishing people (not denying it's effective, but these are all things that people do not enjoy about mma generally), he's not very good on the mic and he's not a draw.

This is the guy you want to dispatch the most exciting thing about mma, the draw of all draws that makes mma feel like a big thing every single time, who dynamically finishes people and never pulls out of fights. Khabib might win, but if he does after a week goes by and the contrarian excitement fades you should feel sad that Conor is closer to retirement and in his place is someone that will likely hold the belt hostage with injuries or weight cutting troubles and when he does finally fight it won't feel like a big deal and you won't be expecting any sort of finish.

So my question is why do you root for Khabib? Why wouldn't you want Conor to win and stick around longer?
Because Khabib isn't a complete douche-bag that has harmed the sport. Also Khabib is very exciting to watch. If you don't think that dude is incredible to view you don't understand MMA or grappling.

for me, i'm just a fan of khabib. not overly fond of mcgregor, but not a hater either. there are a lot of opponents at 155 i would be pro-conor if he fought.

Long-time Khabib fan, big fan of effective grappling in MMA. Been an MMA fan since its inception, before social media.

I also like Conors fighting style but I dislike his attitude and the shit he has turned the modern UFC in to. Hes made everyone cry about money, feel entitled, and now everyone is doing this fake shit talking.

And finally since Im a Sherdogger, are the ridiculous Conor fans. They think Conors left hand is gods lightning bolt and nobody stands a single shot or they are dead in stone. Somehow they forgot about those Diaz fights and how he couldnt KO Mayweather as promised by him and his fanbase.

There is no "good guy" to root for in this fight. Both Conor and Khabib are grade A scumbags. I'm rooting for Conor more because I want to see Khabib lose a fight and blemish his little mma record. Also to see the Conor haters in an uproar.

Because they are bed wetting cowards who hate America, and mom, and apple pie, and puppies, and want the terrorists to win.

best case scenario for me is both conor & nate lose - then it likely sets up those two h2h for the trilogy. and we get to see the epic press conferences with back and forth

I like grapplers more than strikers, and khabib is probably the best example of MMA grappling today.

I like fighters who push the pace and don't gas.

I like watching khabib grow as an mma fighter as he tries to keep his unbeaten record intact.

I like watching khabib smash people.

Also, khabib's personality suits me more, but that's neither here nor there.
"I like fighters who push the pace and don't gas.". Then why you rooting for Khabib? Home boy gassed as hard as Conor after ten minutes of being in complete control last time, only Al was more gassed and could not do shit. Conor gassed in 25 minutes vs May but Khabib gassed in a few minutes while losing to no name BJJ grappler Leonid Gatovskiy in a grappling match.

Back