If You Were Mayor Of Your City What Would You Do?

I would tell the council to stop approving so many high rise luxury condos that nobody in this poor ass city can afford to live in. Also, to loosen up the restriction on building heights in the "historic" downtown core and stop crushing fledgling businesses with all the asinine red tape.

I'd also give up the pipe dream of trying to build a stadium for a CFL or other major league sports team franchise in the city.

What city is this?

I would remove the bike permit law which is selectively enforced to harass black men. I would remove the law against feeding homeless people. Those are just two I can think of off the top of my head. I'm sure there's more...
WTF it's against the law to feed homeless people where you live? Is the city afraid they'll not starve to death and decrease in numbers otherwise?

Ban alcohol and then corner the black market.

lower property tax on small business and give free advertising on public grounds to companies that employ 30 or more residents.

i would get rid of the free money my city gives to the homeless, which has created a homeless-haven here. i would increase the amount of public buses in use in the city. and i would have our metro system run 24/7.

If you were Mayor of your City what would you do? What improvements would you make? What new ideas what you try to introduce into your city? What change would you try to bring? As far as things like Economy, Crime, Transportation, Economy, Arts, Housing, Neighborhoods, Parks, and any new innovative ideas. Just curious to hear some responses.
<18>

Force everyone on welfare to do community service

Anyone who opposes this, please explain why

Because a lot of those people already have shit jobs that they work at and kids and having them pick up trash makes us feel good for punishing those damn freeloaders in reality it will need a bureaucracy to run the program probably cost us even more money and probably cause more problems than just giving out the check ..... How bou da

Then theres also the they could be using that trash time to be taking some classes or helping they kids with homework or searching for a job or just in general doing any number of things that could in theory get them or their kids off the doll some day.

Heavy traffic enforcement, including people who don't use turn signals.

That's just something minor, but I'd tackle it immediately.

I would create a board of public employees, school officials and business leaders to identify the top 5 to 10 needs in the community and brainstorm ways to fix them.

Delegate my whims unto the ill-prepared masses.

Declare war on neighboring cities for their women and resources.

Work on abolishing traffic. Put a halt to expansion in favor of maintenance of existing roads. Maybe even periodic bans on private vehicle travel, perhaps in favor of hiked up daily "visa" vouchers; "Show me your papers! Your papers!!" Make small boroughs into no-car zones and place public bike stations and encourage pedi-carts, telecommuting, and city-based couriers.

Also, deodorant kiosks.

Because a lot of those people already have shit jobs that they work at and kids and having them pick up trash makes us feel good for punishing those damn freeloaders in reality it will need a bureaucracy to run the program probably cost us even more money and probably cause more problems than just giving out the check ..... How bou da

Then theres also the they could be using that trash time to be taking some classes or helping they kids with homework or searching for a job or just in general doing any number of things that could in theory get them or their kids off the doll some day.
I'm talking about the people that don't have jobs & sit on their asses all day. These people aren't on welfare because they need to be, but because they can.

Why should they get a job when they can get paid to do nothing?

I work at an aprartment complex that's mainly section 8. I see people abusing welfare everyday. Ive talked about that in this thread.

And I don't think it'd cost as much money as you make it out to be. I think it could force some of the people to actually get off welfare & get jobs. Not only that, in my state the highway department picks up litter & is paid to do so with tax money.

On my first day of office I would realize how incompetent I am for the job. This logical conclusion would result in my resignation.

I'm talking about the people that don't have jobs & sit on their asses all day. These people aren't on welfare because they need to be, but because they can.

Why should they get a job when they can get paid to do nothing?

I work at an aprartment complex that's mainly section 8. I see people abusing welfare everyday. Ive talked about that in this thread.

I feel ya dude I have lived in half the slums in the Detroit area and have seen it too but those benefits go so much further than that and a lot of people who are doing what they are supposed to be doing and just got dealt a shit hand would be affected as well . Laws target everybody . In spirit I feel ya though fuckers should get a job or sell drugs or do something to make their own money and not just get a check but it would do more harm than good.

tustin is pretty great, theres not a lot i would change about the actual town

but we do have that giant former airbase where they have been considering to build a NFL or MLB stadium. i would make sure that doesnt happen. While it would bring in revenue from home games, I dont really want a bunch of passerby. Theres a reason people here dont move to anaheim

Also would try to block them from building more apartment buildings on that land, for the same "overcrowded" reasons.

That's a tough question since quite frankly I'm not qualified for the job or to fulfill any political position. I could probably come up with ideas and a blurred vision of what I would want to accomplish, but I would be just thinking out of my ass.

Finish the Green Line extension.

First thing i would do is outlaw rolling billboards. The Las Vegas Strip is packed with them. They drive slow as fuck and clog up traffic. The cabs have been fighting them for years.tmp_31224-images(19)135914817.jpg

Use my taxpayers credit card to take my family on luxurious overseas holiday, buy public land on the cheap and so fourth

Back