If You Were Mayor Of Your City What Would You Do?

AmericanCharm

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
If you were Mayor of your City what would you do? What improvements would you make? What new ideas what you try to introduce into your city? What change would you try to bring? As far as things like Economy, Crime, Transportation, Economy, Arts, Housing, Neighborhoods, Parks, and any new innovative ideas. Just curious to hear some responses.

zone all the fake hipsters into da Bronx

it would take care of many problems.

How much power does a Mayor have?

I'd revoke anyone over the age of 60's driving license and send my enemies to a newly established gulag.

Force everyone on welfare to do community service

Anyone who opposes this, please explain why

Last edited:
Mayors can set priorities but are limited by city budget and council

I would push hard for more toll roads and subways

How much power does a Mayor have?

I'd revoke anyone over the age of 60's driving license and send my enemies to a newly established gulag.

A Mayor has a lot of power in his city or town. Basically controlling the things I originally listed within his city/town. He wouldn't for example be able to introduce a gulag (obviously), or establish a entirely new communist economic plan, or system of hiring, at least I don't believe.

Tell police to not hassle Asian/Russian Spas and whorehouses. Just let them bang.

Replace the city wage tax with a land value tax, sell Philadelphia Gas Works to a private enterprise for $1.9B like they were supposed to 5 years ago, allow bars to stay open until 4am

Even if they are working? Or are you saying the people currently unemployed? Man I agree with that, but good luck winning an election once it is known you plan to introduce that. You'd lose an entire class system of votes.

Perhaps I should specify I'd like serious replies.
have you seen what's happened to williamsburg
Hipster-2.jpeg

da fuq is wrong with you?

have you seen what's happened to williamsburg
Hipster-2.jpeg

da fuq is wrong with you?

Haha, no man I agree. But I'm talking about things you would actually be able to do. That would be considered a massive human rights violation. You wouldn't be able to successfully segregate a group of people to a city.

Even if they are working? Or are you saying the people currently unemployed? Man I agree with that, but good luck winning an election once it is known you plan to introduce that. You'd lose an entire class system of votes.
Mainly the unemployed, but I think everyone receiving welfare can do a little something.

And yeah I think the reason this is never brought up is because politicians will lose votes.

Really it's a win win scenario. Some welfare people will decide they'd rather just get jobs once they realize they can't get by sitting on their asses. Also our communities will have all the volunteer work they need. I'm just think about all litter clean that these people could do.

It makes perfect sense, but like you said, goodbye votes.

A Mayor has a lot of power in his city or town. Basically controlling the things I originally listed within his city/town. He wouldn't for example be able to introduce a gulag (obviously), or establish a entirely new communist economic plan, or system of hiring, at least I don't believe.
The job sounds like more hassle than it's worth I'll pass.

The job sounds like more hassle than it's worth I'll pass.

Well, the thing that is so great about a position like Mayor is that it is super important and you can really make a difference for better or worse. You have the opportunity to shape your city, your surroundings. To me that sounds amazing. Plus there is no qualifications to be Mayor, you could be a high school drop out, you could be young, and it doesn't cost millions of dollars to campaign. The important things are your ideas and your ability to promote your self and get your name out to the people so you can get on the ballot.

Take all of the money out of the treasury and move to Mexico.

Anyone who opposes this, please explain why

Are you sure this already isn't happening? Many localities already have these type of stipulations where in order to receive benefits you have to be either working, going to school or do community service.

Our mayor is a guy around my age after years of older people with antiquated ideas. He's done two things that were solid - provide incentives for downtown businesses to upgrade their exterior and securing a grant for blight elimination (tear down old houses). A big issue we have now is retail storefronts remaining vacant since retail is such a tough gig. There has to be a creative way to provide incentives for businesses to move into those or to upgrade that building for a purpose beyond retail.

Gentleman, how would you guys go about decreasing crime? What would you do about your city economy? How about your improving your neighborhoods, housing, parks, and such?

Back