If you were a UFC fighter would you want your wife/girlfriend in your corner like some fighters?

Depends on the kind of girl you got. I imagine some would be a disaster, but if she brings out the best in you out there and that's the type of relationship you got, then why not.

If she's a Juggalo and is going to headkick and swarm Edmund after the fight with all the other juggalos.

z1KfAUe.jpg

You need to be with someone who understands you are preparing for war and what the potential consequences of failure are in this game. Or you need to be single. Thats it

They should be banned from corners

There are enough shrieking hags at UFC events already

If my wife and kids have coaching abilities yeah sure.
Otherwise, stay the fuck out of the cage.

Extremely beta to have your girlfriend in your corner.
Like really there's no defending that at all.
Kinda sickens me tbh.
<{clintugh}>

It's weird that you're so socially inept that simply having a woman around, let alone one you're in a committed relationship with, makes you physically incapable of focusing on anything else.

I would not want my wife around me in any situation where I could get hurt. She flips her shit when I get hurt, or even when I get slightly angry at a kid or dog or random bird flying over head.

Women and fighting are not a natural mix.

Now I've noticed some fighters have their girlfriends or wives with them during the weigh ins or even in their corners like Sam alvey does for examples. If I was a fighter in the ufc, I personally would never have my girlfriend with me during fight week let alone anywhere close to me during weigh ins or during fights in my corner. That would feel like a huge distraction from me having complete focus, and personally I would not live with her or sleep her or anyone else for at least 3 weeks before the fight just for 100 percent focus on my opponent.

I just think it's a stupid idea to have a woman in my corner or around fight week distracting me. What would you do? Would you want them with you or would you opt towards having them away so you can have total focus and strictly have your coaches only? Also If you don't have a girlfriend or wife or whatever, this is hypothetical to just pretend you did during the time,.

F*k No! I know there's some beast out women who ain't dyke, but I ain't doing sparring rds with my girlfriend unless I'm Flw...

Shitpost. Get rid of the ringgirls while you're at it. I feel like I'm dumber for having seen this thread.

I am attracted to women who aren't interested in MMA, so I would have to say no.

No fucking way. When shit goes down my wife is a fucking liability. Being near anyone who cares for you when there's about to be a fight is a bad idea unless they're willing to fight too (assuming a streetfight or something).

I imagine that happened a lot for Evangelista Santos. When he was being mauled in a street fight Cris stepped in and kicked asses

No I am convinced that my GF is bad luck at times lol and I am very superstitious

There are only a limited number of corner spots, so I'd only want people who were knowledgeable about fighting.

Maybe if she was the type of woman who was bluntly honest and would tell you if you were losing rounds...

Last edited:
Not in the corner, but she can be at ring side or locker room so dhe can come out when it's over like in Rocky.

Now I've noticed some fighters have their girlfriends or wives with them during the weigh ins or even in their corners like Sam alvey does for examples. If I was a fighter in the ufc, I personally would never have my girlfriend with me during fight week let alone anywhere close to me during weigh ins or during fights in my corner. That would feel like a huge distraction from me having complete focus, and personally I would not live with her or sleep her or anyone else for at least 3 weeks before the fight just for 100 percent focus on my opponent.

I just think it's a stupid idea to have a woman in my corner or around fight week distracting me. What would you do? Would you want them with you or would you opt towards having them away so you can have total focus and strictly have your coaches only? Also If you don't have a girlfriend or wife or whatever, this is hypothetical to just pretend you did during the time,.

I dont think so man...

Back