If you thought Conor was protected by UFC

Protected or not, I'm looking forward to him getting his Frankie Edgar/Yair treatment
don't compare him to a can like yair, he's way more exciting. also would probably KTFO a WW leeroy

well mvp must think daley has a chance seeing how he wont agree to the fight

I've never heard anything about the fight being officially offered, you must know something I don't.

Conor wasnt protected. He got fast tracked to a title and got opportunities nobody else did. MVP is being built slowly , nothing wrong with that. Youll find out in due time if the hype is real or not

I've never heard anything about the fight being officially offered, you must know something I don't.

they both said it been tried to be made 4 times. paul said each time the fight didn't happen from mvp side not agreeing.

they both said it been tried to be made 4 times. paul said each time the fight didn't happen from mvp side not agreeing.

Kay, what does MVP say the reason for it not happening is?

Kay, what does MVP say the reason for it not happening is?
cant remember if mvp camp ever said anything.

after mvp and paul called each other at the alst event where they got into a fight as well back stage or what ever. both guys were saying lets finally settle it and in the end mvp went on to box instead.

Yeah I won't pretend that they forced Conor to run the gauntlet, but the talk of him being protected is way overplayed. MVP on the other hand is the definition of protected. They keep giving him much smaller and low level guys. The moment he doesn't fight a flailing drunk who charges at him he has issues.

Manhoef may be tailor made for him at this point because MVP has the reflexes and Melvin is too aggressive. But I think that Moose and Paul Harris are really bad matchups for him. Moose has too much good technique to fall for MVPs tricks and he is way beyond MVPs skill level in everything outside of standup. Paul Harris, if he doesn't get clipped on the way in, would probably end up taking home a leg.

Apparently fighting Holloway Aldo Poirier Alvarez Diaz Mendes is being protected.

Dont forget he signed on the dotted line to face supposed LW GOAT at the time RDA.

cant remember if mvp camp ever said anything.

after mvp and paul called each other at the alst event where they got into a fight as well back stage or what ever. both guys were saying lets finally settle it and in the end mvp went on to box instead.

Hmm, did Bellator ever actually offer contracts or was it just the fighters saying they wanted it? I really want to see that fight, it better be MVP's next fight, he isn't getting any younger and a style so dependent on reflexs has a short shelf life.

tbf, that was MVP's 13th fight and Conor had more fights than that before he got to the UFC.

They've built up a prospect smartly, but now it's time to give him somebody like Larkin, Daley or Fitch. I think the problem Bellator have is they don't really have much in the way of a middle-tier between the top guys and the err, not so top guys.
He's 31 yrs old. He shouldn't be a prospect anymore. We have no idea how good he is this late into his career

It isn't exactly his fault that Daley won't fight him.

We don't know what goes on behind the scenes. For all we know, no one wants to fight him. His talent can't really be denied. "Bloated LWs" or not, some of the fighters he has demolished had a huge experience advantage over him. And Cyborg had that experience edge and fought most of his career at LHW and MW.

Stop complaining and being ignorant, TS.

From what i understand its his manager not Bellator

I think its smart to slowly build him honestly.

I agree, I've been waiting years now to see him take a step up in competition. I think he will end up like a Been Askren when all is said and done. Tons of talent but lots of questions left unanswered.

At least get him the Daley fight already ffs
Daley won’t take that fight.

Can’t blame MVP for that.

From a business perspective, Bellator needs a flashy striker like mvp. They’ve never really had a young face to put their promotion behind. Ufc has had fighters like that. They’re just trying get more views with a flashy striker who’s appealing to the general public. Whether or not if he’s legit, I’ll be watching to find out.

Daley won’t take that fight.

Can’t blame MVP for that.

The other guy I was talking to says the opposite and it's MVPs camp that's stopping the fight from happening. I'm guessing the truth is somewhere in the middle or the fight has never been officially offered to either guy by Bellator and they are both trying to make it look like the other is scared.

Regardless though, this fight needs to happen next if MVP want to get some real credibility. Unless he takes someone higher ranked that is.

Don’t really care.

MVP Will eventually want to be a champion and will have to bang with someone good to earn it.

Until then he puts on fun fights.

If they decide to feed him more guys first fine.... Rickles is not a can.

If they decide to give him a title shot in July? Who cares, it’s Bellator.

MVP is an extremely talented striker. He probably KOs most wrestlers with shitty striking. I don't see someone taking him down and holding him down for 5 rounds... he is extremely elusive. The only type of fighter he would have problems with is someone as creative and diverse striking wise as he is. Maybe a Wonderboy or Till type fighter. I kind of hate to say it, but he would give most WWs in the UFC problems.

Back