If you think Jones is GOAT, can you please explain to me why?

Lmao at TS trying to discredit Jones by saying he lost to Matt Hammill.

I feel like, the reason they were in that weightclass for so long is because they found success there which means it was the right weightclass all along and Shad did hold the LHW strap so its really hard for me to see that he didnt belong. I thought Luke was a top guy when Bisping finished him, but yea, Romero and Jacare will definitely give Bisping trouble.
A lot of those fighters didn't cut much weight like they do today aside from lazy rampage. Rockhold clearly took Bisping lightly not saying he didn't earn the win just not the titleshot. Was happy to see Rockhold go out BTW. Unless Bisping sits down on his punches he won't be able to stay away from any of the top 5 long enough to earn a decision. Guess I should point out I'm no hater of Bisping I'd like to see him beat Romero and Rockhold again if he gets another shot.

Fedor was not as good as people made him out to be. But his opponents werent that good Crocop was the best of them and we now see how good he really was.

Anderson Silva is above Fedor in my opinion but in the same vein his opponents were not that good even worse than that of Fedor's reign.

GSP had the better opponents than the above two but never won impressively. Just used his wrestling advantages in winning a long streak of decisions.

Jones by far had the best talent pool of opponents and had much more dominating performances. Hence why he is the GOAT

A white belt account dormant for over 2 years miraculously started shit posting again this month? Which one of the mods has taken over this account?

-Hes the most exciting, dynamic and creative fighter weve seen in the Octagon.
-He does stuff in fights you only expect to see in movies.

-He beat the LHW champion Shogun effortlessly, brutally and ridiculously efficiently.

-After that he cleared out the division dispatching recent, bad -ss champions with ease while the LHW belt had been passed around like a hot potato for almost a decade prior to Jones arrival.

GOAT

Shogun and rampage were while machida and rashad should've been MWs. I'll give him DC and Gus. Also sonnen and vitor are MWs.

Rashad and Machida were HWs at one point, Rashad WON the HW tough enough tournament; and both were undefeated LHW champions
In NO REALITY did they have any place in MW, ever.

choking and making them tap to strikes is what i had in mind
That reality still has people in denial

24aziq1.gif

12114.jpg

Rashad and Machida were HWs at one point, Rashad WON the HW tough enough tournament; and both were undefeated LHW champions
In NO REALITY did they have any place in MW, ever.
You mean aside from their current status? Did you not follow many tuf fighters outside the house all of them dropped weight classes when they were done. They had to enter at a higher weight class cutting weight that often was asking a lot.

You mean aside from their current status? Did you not follow many tuf fighters outside the house all of them dropped weight classes when they were done. They had to enter at a higher weight class cutting weight that often was asking a lot.

Im just stating facts, they FOUGHT at HW.
both were UNDEFEATED LIGHT HEAVY CHAMPS

No rational part of their career belonged at MW, if they thought so- since their careers and livelihoods are based of this decision, they would have fought there.

-Hes the most exciting, dynamic and creative fighter weve seen in the Octagon.
-He does stuff in fights you only expect to see in movies.

-He beat the LHW champion Shogun effortlessly, brutally and ridiculously efficiently.

-After that he cleared out the division dispatching recent, bad -ss champions with ease while the LHW belt had been passed around like a hot potato for almost a decade prior to Jones arrival.

GOAT
He probably didn't have to fight dirty to win the belt or use PEDs but he did so it leaves it up for discussion.

Because the dude came in the UFC and ran through everyone he faced except for gus. The dude was in his early 20's beating shit out of seasoned veterans and has never lost a fight.

He probably didn't have to fight dirty to win the belt or use PEDs but he did so it leaves it up for discussion.

Well there is no evidence as of yet to indicate he has.

Doesnt really matter, Im sure they all do it , and Jones an amazing martial artists regardless

Youngest UFC Champ, greatest year for a fighter in MMA history, has only had 1 competitive fight in something around 20 fights at a high level.

His decisions were nuts, tore Glover a new face hole, war with Gus, DC getting son'd for the first time ever, and his return fight after a long absence(he should be cut slack for that)

He outstrikes the best strikers at LHW, outgrappling the best grapplers at LHW since 2011

Youngest UFC Champ, greatest year for a fighter in MMA history, has only had 1 competitive fight in something around 20 fights at a high level.

His decisions were nuts, tore Glover a new face hole, war with Gus, DC getting son'd for the first time ever, and his return fight after a long absence(he should be cut slack for that)

He outstrikes the best strikers at LHW, outgrappling the best grapplers at LHW since 2011
That last part kind of reminds you of a pudgy Russian. Only he's a piece of shit outside the cage.

He has more quality wins than anyone in MMA. He's beat more ex ufc Champions and number one contenders in a row as a champion than anyone has ever done before. He's virtually undefeated, as in he's never been decisioned or finished. To top it off he's done all this in the biggest MMA organization in the world.

Doesn't matter how much you don't like him. You have to respect his accomplishments. He staked his claim as the number one pound-for-pound fighter

In my opinion..Jon Jones is the greatest American fighter and the best fighter i have ever seen since Fedor Emilanenko. Yes Jones is despicable on a personal level in his personal life. When you ignore that fact, he is without question one of the most dominant forces in MMA history. His striking is fantastic and his wrestling is superb. He's beaten a "Murderer's Row" of the MMA world.

I disagree. GSP fought a much more legitimate "murder's row". Jones title resume includes two MWs who had no LHW wins going into the bout and Rampage who was falling out of his prime in a big way. The only so-so win on GSP's title record is Hardy, plus GSP had more title wins.

No fault of Jones, but what is his fault is fucking everything up and losing the strap for his antics outside the cage. Plus there's Rumble around, who he hasn't fought due to the aformentioned fucking up. It's hard to say how at this point if he could have taken GOAT. He's still young though. He can redeem himself. But...cocaine.

Back