If you think Gustafsson beat Jones...

It was a very close fight. Judging fights involves subjective judgment, therefore there will always be disagreement when it comes to close fights.

Adults accept this, and move on. Children start stupid threads on the subject.

It was that last spinning back elbow that landed clean and staggered him, that’s when I put jones ahead.

It was that last spinning back elbow that landed clean and staggered him, that’s when I put jones ahead.
To me it’s kind of weird that one good shot can edge you a 25 minute fight.

The elbow didn’t even look THAT good of a shot to me.

dd1b3-11.gif

Gus clearly staggered a little, but he was instantly defending the following strikes and shaking off the cobwebs, as they say.

Was cheering for Gus but had
Jones clear cut 3 -2. It was a hail marry spinning elbow that turned the tides at the end in his favor.

So what you're saying is, that single strike won him the 4th round?

Because he was losing big for the first 4:30 of that round and he even got a TD stuffed after that spinning elbow. He landed nothing of significance after after the elbow either

dd1b3-11.gif

Gus clearly staggered a little, but he was instantly defending the following strikes and shaking off the cobwebs, as they say.

Jones didn't land anything significant after that either and Gus stuffed his TD attempt

dd1b3-11.gif

When one realised that fights are judged in 5 minute chunks under a 10-point must system, then yes it is weird to say that one strike edged a fight.

It was a good hit though, Gus was hurt. Even though most of Jones' follow up actually missed it looked like he might finish Gus live.

Scoring the fight I have it either as a draw or Gus winning, but a Jones win not possible. Gus won 1 & 3 pretty clearly. 2 was either a Gus round or a draw depending on how seriously one takes the leg kicks of Jones and how charitable one feels toward a champ. Gus won it but it was very, very close Round four could be a Jones round or a draw and Jones clinches the fifth round with a courageous final minute.

So either 48-48, or 48-47 Gus or 49-48 Gus. A Jones win 49-46 is insane.

Please feel free to disegard my opinion.

He was close but Jones won that no question. Gustafson is probably the worst stylistic matchup for Jones.

visiting jones
Gus's mother dispelled this myth. Said he was trembling, vomiting and had cold sweats. She had never seen him in that state and wanted to go and attack Jon for doing that to her son. They fucked each other up bad. Awesome fight.

I thought Alex won the first time I watched it but the second time I had Jones edging it. If Alex didn't fade in the 4th, he would've probably taken it.

Jones himself said in interviews before the second Cormier fight that Gustafsson was the only one that made him think he could lose a fight, and for that reason he want to fight him again.

Everybody with a grain of salt knows that the spinning elbow changed the whole fight, Gustafsson was winning.

Super close fight = if you think fighter X won instead of Y, you know nothing. Ok, makes sense.

I had Jones winning but it was very close.

It's my favorite fight of all time, I think it's the greatest fight of all time, and it was a draw. Gus wins rematch when Jon isn't on PEDs though.

Its my favorite fight of all time too, and I also think its the greatest fight ever. I also scored it a draw and I also think Gus wins the rematch. Now you only need to say the round you scored 10-10 was the 2nd.

Back