If you strongly disagree with the idea of the UFC adding more weight classes...

I am all for more weight classes..

When there are more fighters.

Maybe 10 years from now.

The only weight class I would add is the land between MW & LHW I could be talked into the land between LHW & HW, and that's it no more after that the rest can get fit and make weight...!

Weigh-in 10 minutes before entering the cage
If you fail the weight-in, you are obliged to fight a HW (there should be a list of HW as back-ups)
It should make things more interesting
Orcs.
We should allow orcs.

Then don't bitch and complain about weight cutting and have fake outrage on how it's unhealthy for the fighters.

If you have the option to fight at a suitable weight and you kill your self cutting weight than that's your problem.

Uriah Hall has no suitable weight class. 205 isn't a feasible option for him, 20 lbs is a HUGE jump. He would get ragdolled at 205. So of course he's going to try to kill himself making 185. There really needs to be a weight class every 10 lbs. After 205 add a 225 Cruiser and unlimited HW. Any other solution until we can read hydration levels instantly, is just fluff talk
You say that as if fighters like Uriah have but one option...cut huge amounts of weight or get ragdolled at a higher weight. How about "losing" some weight to get closer to your fighting weight before you begin your cut. That always is an option you know. Kind of like what Khabib did this last go around. You can't come into your weight cut huge as fuck and rely strictly on the cut to make weight. That's what most of us have a problem with. Even with more weight classes you'll have morons doing the same thing unless someone other than themselves determines what weight glass they'll compete in.

I don’t care about weight cutting. I’d like less weight classes at the lower weights. I’d like to see them add a SHW division or make the HW division unlimited

I wouldn't be completely opposed to more weight classes if MMA had a deeper talent pool. A CW division is an absolutely awful idea, though. HW and LHW are already incredibly thin divisions, and, more than that, the HW champion of the world (and essentially every other good HW other than Ngannou) could easily make the 225 pound limit. I have no problem with taking the cap off of HW (although, I doubt it will change the division much).

Such a daft argument. Fighters will cut as much as they can, you'd probably end up with more 205 fighters cutting extra weight to make 195 than you would fighters moving up from 185.

It's not like weight cutting isn't a problem in the divisions that are staggered at 10lbs from 125,135.145.155 is it? fml.
Exactly. Guys will always keep trying for the next class down regardless

I never want to see another male weight class, unless it's Super HW.

And I'll never complain about weight-cutting. I don't like it. I've done it myself, and I wish fighters didn't have to do it. But I know the reality is: they'll never stop, regardless of the options.

weight-classes and belts are bullshit. Two fighters agree to fight and agree to fight at a specific weight if they so choose. The winner wins. The loser loses.

weight-classes and belts are bullshit. Two fighters agree to fight and agree to fight at a specific weight if they so choose. The winner wins. The loser loses.

I fail to see how you're connecting any of those ideas in this post.

If Hall can't make 185 and can't compete at 205, he doesn't belong in the UFC, end of story. Adding more weight classes is the worst possible thing the UFC could do. You think belt's have lost their meaning now, wait until there's 3 more weight classes. Fighters will be constantly moving back and forth 3 or 4 divisions, the rankings would be fucked and the sport would suffer.

The only weight class they should possibly add is 165 and move 70 to 75. Too many divisions allow Champions to duck defending their belts by moving around weight classes to fight weaker compilation.

I see where this thread is headed so let me say this, If you don't think the UFC should add more weight classes because it might affect your entertainment value then STFU about your concern about weight cutting. Obviously what entertains you personally is most important
This sport only exists for entertainment value, you don't think a professional fighter knows this? Go ahead water the sport down, make it safer, with your logic the fighters should wear head gear, knee and elbow pads. Let's see how many people tune in to watch that. Get a clue bud.

I wouldnt mind seeing some catchweight fights, particularly for guys who are old and not likely to fight for a title. Would anyone have cared if Belfort vs Hall was agreed upon for 190 or 195?

Then don't bitch and complain about weight cutting and have fake outrage on how it's unhealthy for the fighters.

If you have the option to fight at a suitable weight and you kill your self cutting weight than that's your problem.

Uriah Hall has no suitable weight class. 205 isn't a feasible option for him, 20 lbs is a HUGE jump. He would get ragdolled at 205. So of course he's going to try to kill himself making 185. There really needs to be a weight class every 10 lbs. After 205 add a 225 Cruiser and unlimited HW. Any other solution until we can read hydration levels instantly, is just fluff talk

The issue isn't whether Uriah can make 185. He can. The issue is is he willing to put in the effort consistently. MW has a lot bigger guys who consistently make 185 like Rockhold, Weidman, etc.

Uriah Hall has no suitable weight class.

Poor him.

A chubby Fedor fought at heavyweight and still does to this day, for better or worse. That's a real legend right there.

You do realize that even with weight-cutting fighters are not the same weight in the cage, right?

Back