if you really think that Ngannu is that good, then why did he struggle with...

Blaydes is fucking good man, a seriously topn prospect. Ngannou hardly struggled with him, IIRC he dealt with him fairly comfortably. But Blaydes is damn tough, huge respect for the boy's chin after seeing the way Ngannou has corpse everyone else.

Blaydes would give Miocic a competitive fight. I wouldn’t be surprised if Miocic couldn’t finish him.

If Stipe fights like an elite wrestler with superb striking, he will win. If he wants to stand and bang, he will get KTFO. It's that simple

You're just as much of a "cuck" then. You're cherry picking one performance to make your argument.
Not really I've watched every fight he's had, when they happened

I'm more impressed he put KLB out cold than I am Reem and Andrei

Stipes gonna make this a fight

I mean who cares?? did you see his last fight?

giphy.gif

Miocic is most dangerous when he controls the center of the octagon, backs his opponents up and dictates pace. He won’t be able to do that against Ngannou.

When they exchange early on and Stipe feels Ngannou’s power he’s going to sleep. If he survives he’ll be backing up on the retreat until he gets finished. I give Stipe 2 rounds max.

Also Stipe has had a significant reach advantage over all his past opponents with the exception of Reem who has the same reach and dropped him in the pocket. Struve is the only one who had a reach advantage of 4.5 inches but he’s not even known for taking advantage of it in any of his fights yet it played a major factor against Stipe.

Aside from the power advantage... Ngannou has better reflexes, his hand speed his elite for a UFC HW and he’s going to have a 3 inch reach advantage. Things are gonna end very badly for Stipe.

cNcHyyY.gif
Stipe is dangerous anywhere standing. He has the footwork to move in and out and laterally with KO power in every position. Stipe also has D1 wrestling.

Stipe is dangerous anywhere standing. He has the footwork to move in and out and laterally with KO power in every position. Stipe also has D1 wrestling.

When has Stipe ever displayed this footwork to move in and out laterally to avoid damage or set up attacks? He’s basic AF in his stand up striking and even moreso in his defense which is why he gets tagged a lot.

KO power in every position? He has 1 true KO victory.... where Werdum went full retard and helped him out by running into his fist chin first.

When has Stipe ever put on a wrestling clinic or displayed elite moves that made you think wow this guy must’ve been a D1 wrestler in college?

When has Stipe ever displayed this footwork to move in and out laterally to avoid damage or set up attacks? He’s basic AF in his stand up striking and even moreso in his defense which is why he gets tagged a lot.

KO power in every position? He has 1 true KO victory.... where Werdum went full retard and helped him out by running into his fist chin first.

When has Stipe ever put on a wrestling clinic or displayed elite moves that made you think wow this guy must’ve been a D1 wrestler in college?
In just about every one of his wins he shows lateral movement and in and out movement. He's always feinting and moving in and out of striking range. His defensive footwork is the reason why he KO'd Werdum. Just about every win in the UFC shows off his movement tbh. The 'masterpiece' imo is the roy Nelson fight. Obvious answers are Arlovski, Werdum, JDS and even Overeem where he was constantly cutting off the cage, hunting him down and piecing him up. Of course he did this despite getting caught by that sneaky left hand Overeem set up

As far as wrestling, he's dominated just about everyone he's ever grappled with. He annihilated Del Rosario from half guard, Gonzaga is a high level grappler and he got owned, struve got taken down couple of times, Mark Hunt was ragdolled like a baby for five rounds and obviously he took Overeem down like a little kid and put his lights out from full guard

Junior did a good job of stopping the takedown in the first fight, which he's notorious for

He has power in his hands, what else?

This is MMA not boxing, where even power isn’t enough to make you a good boxer. Overeem left his hand down and threw some windmill punch and got KO’d. He’s also been KO’d over a dozen times.

Also, who cares about Anthony Hamilton? Ngannou had trouble with Curtis freakin Blaydes. It’s not his fault the HW division is a joke though.

In only 12 fights he already has 4 times as many submission wins as Stipe.

And stipe got knocked out by struve, tell us more.

In only 12 fights he already has 4 times as many submission wins as Stipe.
So having a submission on your record (against nobody with even subpar grappling skills) suddenly makes you Werdum?

In just about every one of his wins he shows lateral movement and in and out movement. He's always feinting and moving in and out of striking range. His defensive footwork is the reason why he KO'd Werdum. Just about every win in the UFC shows off his movement tbh. The 'masterpiece' imo is the roy Nelson fight. Obvious answers are Arlovski, Werdum, JDS and even Overeem where he was constantly cutting off the cage, hunting him down and piecing him up. Of course he did this despite getting caught by that sneaky left hand Overeem set up

As far as wrestling, he's dominated just about everyone he's ever grappled with. He annihilated Del Rosario from half guard, Gonzaga is a high level grappler and he got owned, struve got taken down couple of times, Mark Hunt was ragdolled like a baby for five rounds and obviously he took Overeem down like a little kid and put his lights out from full guard

Junior did a good job of stopping the takedown in the first fight, which he's notorious for

Some fair points. I don’t agree with all of them but I appreciate your viewpoint and citing specific examples.

So having a submission on your record (against nobody with even subpar grappling skills) suddenly makes you Werdum?

Nope but he can't be characterized as a single minded plodding brute with low skills. He's huge, he's lean, he's athletic, he has great striking, and yes, he can hit a submission. Stipe might win but I still don't think that makes Ngannou hype. He's a deadly threat to any HW.

People don't seem to be looking at this intelligently. They see his obvious physical power and are blind to his other skills,and the way hes being trained. They are so concerned with being led astray by the UFC hype machine,as if that matters,and terrified that they will back someone who will eventually lose some day,that they act like pro wrestling nerds do with Roman Reigns.

Hype indicates a fake sort of skill level being elevated in order to sell a fight. Surely you understand that Ngannou is 6-0 in UFC fights with 6 finishes including a standing Kimura on Anthony Hamilton. Stipe may beat Ngannou but Ngannou is not hype. He is a physically imposing and athletic HW that can probably knock dead anyone in the division.
<TrumpWrong1>

Back