If you rank SW characters from worst to least worst-

Anakin ended up being one the best characters in the SW franchise. They did an amazing job with building his character after the prequels. Same with Maul. Such a great character.
The animated series are awesome.

Prequel Anakin is pure suffering.

I'm open to hearing otherwise, but I don't think her character grew aside from the one tiny thing I mentioned, and she accomplished basically nothing in the larger framework of the film.
Like it or not, Rose is the heart of TLJ. I myself don't care for it, either. Her growth of character is through Finn understanding the depth of moral conviction, and how looking past the surface and preconception is what life is about. It's not an evolution in the sense her character undergoes significant change per se, but a fixture of Finn's development.

Jar Jar has way more of a character arch then Rose. He went from being ostracized by the frog people to being a hero amongst them.

Anakin went from sucking off the Jedi council to killing younglings. Again another prime character arch.

1. Purple-Haired Bitch from TLJ.
2. Fat-Asian Butch from TLJ.
3. Jar Jar Binks.

I wish I could say but TFA was so bad to me I didn't even bother seeing anything after that with the exception being "Rogue One". It's amazing how they can re-hash the same storylines but somehow make them worse each time they do it.
R1 was awful.
I saw the first hour maybe of Solo, and was bored outta my mind.
Last thing I recall before falling asleep was the giving Han his last name scene. I rolled my eyes so hard I lost consciousness.

SW needs new, fresh. No familiar shit.

Last thing I recall before falling asleep was the giving Han his last name scene. I rolled my eyes so hard I lost consciousness.
That's less than ten minutes! (But hilarious.)

Jar Jar has way more of a character arch then Rose. He went from being ostracized by the frog people to being a hero amongst them.

Anakin went from sucking off the Jedi council to killing younglings. Again another prime character arch.
IMO his character arc is that he gets angrier and angrier because he doesn't have the power he wants to fix the things in his life that have gone wrong. Not much distance across that particular arc.

All this talk of Jar Jar made me think of this one little nugget regarding his inspiration:

steph_stephkinmon_17_juni_yeah_mickey_mouse_is_cool_and_all_34228920.png

I rather liked the film, and that surprised me because I went in expecting to hate it.
SOLO? I thought it was tremendous fun. Han's such a great character, the cool older brother or friend you always wanted to be or hang out with.

How did she grow, aside from developing the courage to kiss / molest Finn?

She starts out in her first scene as simple and gutsy with the courage of her convictions. She goes to Canto Bight where she's simple and gutsy with the courage of her convictions and frees a bunch of animals. At the end, she's simple (and retarded and selfish) and gutsy, with the courage of her convictions and plows into Finn.

She accomplishes some tasks along the way, but she ended up...pretty much exactly where she started. Simple and gutsy with the courage of her convictions, with the Resistance on the run and in peril and her plans and actions having saved nobody (except for Finn) and having advanced the Resistance in no way.

I'm open to hearing otherwise, but I don't think her character grew aside from the one tiny thing I mentioned, and she accomplished basically nothing in the larger framework of the film.

The moment Rose was introduced in that scene at the escape pods she is already annoying and you can already tell it is a badly written character that will just get worst. That whole scene is crap.

The moment Rose was introduced in that scene at the escape pods she is already annoying and you can already tell it is a badly written character that will just get worst. That whole scene is crap.

Yep, I recall feeling dread about the rest of her scenes to come when I was watching it.

R1 was awful.

SW needs new, fresh. No familiar shit.
I didn't mind Rogue One, but then again I couldn't tell you anything about it and if you put up pictures of people that were in it I probably wouldn't recognize them. I know there was a couple of well known actors in it and for the life I me I couldn't tell you who they were unless I went and looked it up.
Last Jedi and Solo are basically something I'll wait to see at home on cable or Netflix, but I wouldn't pay to see, and if they happen to be on a movie channel I don't get I'll just wait until they have a free preview weekend. It's sad because as a kid I was so emotionally invested in the movies, I tolerated the prequels and chalked a lot of it up to "Luca is trying to appeal more to kids and I'm not a kid anymore" but the newer ones just seem like a money grab exploiting nostalgia of older people while trying to put a more "socially conscious" statement and "character diversity". I do think it's funny though that the newer more socially conscious movies have basically the same number of black guys in them, but the non-pc movies have a black guy that's the coolest dude in the galaxy and the PC movies have a black guy that was a janitor............ what progress.

but the non-pc movies have a black guy that's the coolest dude in the galaxy and the PC movies have a black guy that was a janitor............ what progress.
Dave Chappelle said it best.

Goddamn you, JJ Abrams. GODDAMN YOU TO HELL.

Yep, I recall feeling dread about the rest of her scenes to come when I was watching it.

When she had that small talk with Fin I was like "okay fine some comic relief character okay" but then as it was revealed that she seems to know that Fin was one of the "heroes" who are involved in the destruction of Star Killer base and seems to be a big fan.

But despite that she still thinks that Fin will just be a deserter, yeah right he almost sacrificed his life trying to save Rey fighting Ben Swollo but he will just chicken out and go away in a escape pod.

The moment she tazzed Fin it just got annoying from that point on, Oh and she one talkative character like a know it all type of person in a very annoying way.

The whole thing just felt "forced" like they tried to introduced a bad ass character just for the sake of it.

I'm actually interested in what you come up with to defend the treatment of that character.
I don't mind his comedic relief the way you seem to hate it, and his ineptitude explains why the First Order essentially sucks, which rhymes with his name. Fuck the First Order/Empire. Rebel Scum 4-ever.

Domhnall Gleeson's definitely the dog of the film, but he works his performance. I like Adam Driver because he's espousing STAR WARS lines with his contemporary veracity, like when he says, "YOU'RE STILL HOLDING ON" and "I'M SURE YOU ARE!!" Gleeson maintains the Lucas-que tradition of stagey film acting, but infuses more dimension with expression and subtlety. I'm biased because I really like him as a supporting actor.

I don't mind his comedic relief the way you seem to hate it, and his ineptitude explains why the First Order essentially sucks, which rhymes with his name. Fuck the First Order/Empire. Rebel Scum 4-ever.

Your overarching villainous empire, and major threat for the trilogy, isn't really supposed to be portrayed as inept if there is going to be any tension or stakes. It's just one more way in which TLJ basically hamstrung the next movie.

the last jedi sucks.

rose sucks
hux sucks
crylo sucks
holdo sucks
honarable mention to jar jar and kid anakin

damn there is a lot of shitty ass characters in TLJ

Your overarching villainous empire, and major threat for the trilogy, isn't really supposed to be portrayed as inept if there is going to be any tension or stakes. It's just one more way in which TLJ basically hamstrung the next movie.
Wow I did not see that one coming from lightyears away. #snokelevelambush

C3PO is, was, and always will be an annoying priss.

Then you have Porkins, who's probably that guy whose X-wing is full of fast food wrappers.... not that he was annoying; he just sorta went out like a bitch.

Back