If you rank SW characters from worst to least worst-

OverCoronavirus Pressure

Mayberry = War Room, WR = OT. Shit.
Banned
Reaction score
... how far do you have to go to hit a character that's not from the prequels?

#1, gotta be Anakin, teenage Anakin followed by child Anakin.

2. Everyone from the Jedi Council, buncha useless dopes.

3. Darth Maul, though he really didn't have a character. He had a dual lightsaber and a cool paint job

4. Padme. She was there to be Anakin's love interest.

5. ...

Well, Rose Tico is competing for #1 all time, so I don't have to go THAT far down the list to find something.

Holdo is a strong second tier shit character, as is The Last Jedi's version of Hux.

Last Jedi Luke "Jake" Skywalker is pretty lousy too.

I don't know why you'd really single out Darth Maul as a bad character. He was lacking in depth, but that's almost as good as it gets for the prequels.

220px-Rose_Tico_Star_Wars.png

2-4.
ccuwmsew4aavawe.jpg

It’s crazy how little i care for anyone in these films. I hope the entire galaxy blows up and we never hear from any of these characters again. Isn’t it the responsibility of the director(s) to make me care about them?? I’d take Jar Jar over all four all day everyday.

Well, Rose Tico is competing for #1 all time.
She's not worse than any of the characters I listed. I'm not fond of Rose. I may not like her as a character, but at least she has one. She has stuff she wants to do, a little backstory. Rose has purpose in the SWU.

I mean, for example, name a purpose for Padme besides Hayden Christianson loves her.

But just for the hell of it, off the top of my head...

Rose Tico
Jar Jar Binks
Admiral Holdo
King Frog Neck Slobbering Guy
Nute Gunray and his butt buddy
TLJ version of Hux
Kid Anakin
Teen Anakin
Jake Skywalker
Mace Windu
Two Headed Pod Race Announcer Thing
Dexter Jettster
Maz Kanata
Rey
Padme

She's not worse than any of the characters I listed. I'm not fond of Rose. I may not like her as a character, but at least she has one. She has stuff she wants to do, a little backstory. Rose has purpose in the SWU.

I mean, for example, name a purpose for Padme besides Hayden Christianson loves her.

She has a character, but that character is stupid annoying cow in a potato sack who dooms her own resistance through selfishness and idiocy. I have thought about it, and actually prefer Jar Jar. I can at least picture the Plinkett reviews when I see him and kind of chuckle. I'll never be anything but disgusted with Rose Tico.

I don't know why you'd really single out Darth Maul as a bad character. He was lacking in depth, but that's almost as good as it gets for the prequels.
It's partly that what could have been an awesome character was a wasted opportunity.
Partly the fanboy popularity that wrt SW often builds up minor characters into overblown crapola.
Partly the coolness-instead-of-personality.

But just for the hell of it, off the top of my head...

Rose Tico
Jar Jar Binks
Admiral Holdo
King Frog Neck Slobbering Guy
Nute Gunray and his butt buddy
TLJ version of Hux
Kid Anakin
Teen Anakin
Jake Skywalker
Mace Windu
Two Headed Pod Race Announcer Thing
Dexter Jettster
Maz Kanata
Rey
Padme
Hey, let's stay with characters and not background and creature effects..

She has a character, but that character is stupid annoying cow in a potato sack who dooms her own resistance through selfishness and idiocy. I have thought about it, and actually prefer Jar Jar. I can at least picture the Plinkett reviews when I see him and kind of chuckle. I'll never be anything but disgusted with Rose Tico.
I can say Jar Squared and Rose are in the same ballpark.

For myself, they both get points on my list for actually having an arc.

I can say Jar Squared and Rose are in the same ballpark.

For myself, they both get points on my list for actually having an arc.

What did you see as Rose's arc? The only slight change I see in her character from start to finish is (and this is a stretch) building up the guts to kiss Finn.

What did you see as Rose's arc? The only slight change I see in her character from start to finish is (and this is a stretch) building up the guts to kiss Finn.
She had a thing she wanted to do, and ended up different from where she started off. Her character grew.
Might not dig her, but at least she did shit. A thing she accomplished, muddled the messages at the end.

She had a thing she wanted to do, and ended up different from where she started off. Her character grew.
Might not dig her, but at least she did shit. A thing she accomplished, muddled the messages at the end.

How did she grow, aside from developing the courage to kiss / molest Finn?

She starts out in her first scene as simple and gutsy with the courage of her convictions. She goes to Canto Bight where she's simple and gutsy with the courage of her convictions and frees a bunch of animals. At the end, she's simple (and retarded and selfish) and gutsy, with the courage of her convictions and plows into Finn.

She accomplishes some tasks along the way, but she ended up...pretty much exactly where she started. Simple and gutsy with the courage of her convictions, with the Resistance on the run and in peril and her plans and actions having saved nobody (except for Finn) and having advanced the Resistance in no way.

I'm open to hearing otherwise, but I don't think her character grew aside from the one tiny thing I mentioned, and she accomplished basically nothing in the larger framework of the film.

Anakin ended up being one the best characters in the SW franchise. They did an amazing job with building his character after the prequels. Same with Maul. Such a great character.

I wish I could say but TFA was so bad to me I didn't even bother seeing anything after that with the exception being "Rogue One". It's amazing how they can re-hash the same storylines but somehow make them worse each time they do it.

rose was one of the worst characters in like any genre, ever...

the only more annoying character off the top of my head is the wife from Breaking Bad

How did she grow, aside from developing the courage to kiss / molest Finn?

She starts out in her first scene as simple and gutsy with the courage of her convictions. She goes to Canto Bight where she's simple and gutsy with the courage of her convictions and frees a bunch of animals. At the end, she's simple (and retarded and selfish) and gutsy, with the courage of her convictions and plows into Finn.

She accomplishes some tasks along the way, but she ended up...pretty much exactly where she started. Simple and gutsy with the courage of her convictions, with the Resistance on the run and in peril and her plans and actions having saved nobody (except for Finn) and having advanced the Resistance in no way.

I'm open to hearing otherwise, but I don't think her character grew aside from the one tiny thing I mentioned, and she accomplished basically nothing in the larger framework of the film.
Fair enough, though basically nobody accomplishes anything in the film. Failures and folly!

Back