If you like Vikings, check out THE LAST KINGDOM (Season 3 Premieres Nov. 19, 2018)

Read the first 8 or 9 books, got a bit tiresome and started going in circles. Show is alright though

Not that much. 50 years at the most since

SPOILER

Some of Lodbrok's sons are still alive.

In the books it´s Ubba and Ivar who lead the great heathen army along with Guthrum.

maybe I need to watch more than the first episode, just watched it the other night, but this shows appears to kick the shit out of Vikings. Extremely gory and violent, does the rest of the seasons keep this flow of violence/blood going?

Hopefully after the success of Sharpe and this we could get a Warlord chronicles series. @Dragonlordxxxxx any idea if this is in the pipeline? I'd heard rumours
While I have enjoyed The Saxon Chronicles more than The Warlord Chronicles I think the Arthurian legend would translate better to TV. Still waiting on an Agincourt movie. I really didn't think I'd enjoy that one as much as I did.

maybe I need to watch more than the first episode, just watched it the other night, but this shows appears to kick the shit out of Vikings. Extremely gory and violent, does the rest of the seasons keep this flow of violence/blood going?
The story moves fast. They are covering multiple books in each season. Considering Netflix had to throw in just to get a second season made I'd say they arent looking for a slowplay.

So far I've only read warlord chronicles, am about to start harlequin and then stonehenge after that. Suprised me how much i liked them but i did feel that excallibur was rushed with the final chapter feeling especially so. Harlequin is next on my list
While I have enjoyed The Saxon Chronicles more than The Warlord Chronicles I think the Arthurian legend would translate better to TV. Still waiting on an Agincourt movie. I really didn't think I'd enjoy that one as much as I did.

Only 3 episodes left and the plot keeps moving. I llove how each episode tends to wrap up nicely instead of regulary ending with mini cliffhangers.

definiitely going to rewatch Rome after this. There arent enough epic period war dramas. Not nearly enough.

Agreed about each episode and the plot. It keeps moving really well. Some series build up to this giant battle and then the battle doesn't happen until next episode. Or they have giant cliffhangers between seasons. Each season of The Last Kingdom wrapped up nicely while leaving room for more continuity.
It's really interesting. Though obviously you have to suspend your belief during a lot of parts it's still good.

Agreed about each episode and the plot. It keeps moving really well. Some series build up to this giant battle and then the battle doesn't happen until next episode. Or they have giant cliffhangers between seasons. Each season of The Last Kingdom wrapped up nicely while leaving room for more continuity.
It's really interesting. Though obviously you have to suspend your belief during a lot of parts it's still good.
We are agreed on the pacing. It's surprisingly some of the best in all TV. Period.

My only issues with the show lie with some of the casting choices and a bit of the dialogue/accents. Some actors seem way out of place and some have a difficult time keeping a consistent accent going. The dialogue can be borderline cringeworthy at times.

Overall though I am seriously impressed. I'll take the pacing and the hand to hand combat scenes over Game of Thrones- which is arguably the greatest show ever(they make up for any weaknesses through the top class acting and pinpoint dialogue).

Excellent show so far. Solid 8/10.

I think Vikings S1 and 2 are better than anything we've seen from The Last Kingdom. But TLK S1 is better than anything Vikings has done after the second season.

Binge watching this now. I still am on season 1. Awesome show

Anybody else watching THE LAST KINGDOM?

If you like VIKINGS, I suggest you check out THE LAST KINGDOM. Great show.

The trailer is kinda generic but I assure you the series is worth the watch.

Just started binging the shit out of this thanks to your recommendation @Dragonlordxxxxx you're the man dragon, this is an awesome show!

I'm like 4 episodes in the 2nd season, and to be honest here I'm really fucking tired of everybody treated my boy uhtred like shit. After EVERYTHING this motherfucker did for Alfred he's still talking shit, insulting & manipulating him. Fuck you asshole I saved your ass and your kingdom and your fucking baby. Know your roll. And bitch ass guthred doing the same thing. EVERYBODY STOP FUCKING UHTRED OVER IM TIRED OF IT!!!!!!

Last edited:
Just finished season 2.

The acting is great, the cast is great, the settings are great, the costumes are great, and the script is really good. Quite impressed by this show. Better than, well, a lot of it's competition. Quite impressed.

Just started binging the shit out of this thanks to your recommendation @Dragonlordxxxxx you're the man dragon, this is an awesome show!

I'm like 4 episodes in the 2nd season, and to be honest here I'm really fucking tired of everybody treated my boy uhtred like shit. After EVERYTHING this motherfucker did for Alfred he's still talking shit, insulting & manipulating him. Fuck you asshole I saved your ass and your kingdom and your fucking baby. Know your roll. And bitch ass guthred doing the same thing. EVERYBODY STOP FUCKING UHTRED OVER IM TIRED OF IT!!!!!!

I feel the exact same lol. That king . . . It feels like he's going to get his cumupance.

I think Vikings S1 and 2 are better than anything we've seen from The Last Kingdom. But TLK S1 is better than anything Vikings has done after the second season.

I haven't seen that show, worth the watch it sounds like?

The Last Kingdom? Yeah, it's pretty good.

Or if you meant Vikings, then yes, especially the first two seasons like I mentioned.

Vikings. I just finished The Last Kingdom seasons 1 and 2. I thought it was very good.

Vikings. I just finished The Last Kingdom seasons 1 and 2. I thought it was very good.

Yes, definitely watch Vikings then. The show is a solid watch all the way through, but I fucking LOVED those first two seasons. Every week I would watch and then get pissed when the episode was over because I wanted more. And then I'd get double-pissed when the season was over and I knew I'd be waiting like a year for more eps.

Saw this bumped and was hoping season 3 was already released. Thanks for the disappoinment you dildos.

I don't think Vikings is anywhere near as good as the last kingdom. Maybe the first couple seasons are in the ballpark but after that no way. They ruined that poor show.

I was very skeptical at first about The Last Kingdom, but I really enjoyed it.

I thought it would be really cheesy, but it was entertaining, especially if you're into that kind of stuff.

Back