If you like Vikings, check out THE LAST KINGDOM (Season 3 Premieres Nov. 19, 2018)

Apparently it's not going to be on BBC America?

The Last Kingdom was a piece of shit.

It should not be mentioned in the same sentence as goat contender Vikings.

I guess they arent showing any new programming. They are just doing reruns.

They always showed programs well after they were on the mother network. They had Top Gear with the new hosts and Doctor Who with the new goofy looking companion.

What happended to Brida and the guy (Uhtred's friend) she rode with? I watched season 2, but after the time jump they never showed up again.

Annoyed that episode 8 was the finale when a piece of shit show like Vikings gets 20+ episodes a season now.

They always showed programs well after they were on the mother network. They had Top Gear with the new hosts and Doctor Who with the new goofy looking companion.

Maybe I am wrong. I heard something is going on with BBC in America though.

I just went and saw the tenth book was released last year so I got it on the nook. And while the show is great, the book is first person POV and running narration of a thoughtful but impulsive rampaging pagan through dark ages England is just something the TV can't replicate. Defo worth reading this series, boys and girls

Also that means there is material for 3 more seasons, probably 4 if he cranked out a couple more books in the next 3 years. Cornwell never had a problem writing for the screen in the Sharpe series

This show fulfills my quotas of humping and badasses decapitating arselings.

Maybe I am wrong. I heard something is going on with BBC in America though.

It has always been kind of mixed content. They moved BBC News to another channel and show lots of Star Trek in it's various forms, Dr Who, old movies and added CSI to the mix of BBC programs. Looks like Star Trek Voyager all day today.

I just went and saw the tenth book was released last year so I got it on the nook. And while the show is great, the book is first person POV and running narration of a thoughtful but impulsive rampaging pagan through dark ages England is just something the TV can't replicate. Defo worth reading this series, boys and girls

Also that means there is material for 3 more seasons, probably 4 if he cranked out a couple more books in the next 3 years. Cornwell never had a problem writing for the screen in the Sharpe series

I hope so. I cant stand all this slow burn crap. In this second season alone they hit two major plot devices already.

Annoyed that episode 8 was the finale when a piece of shit show like Vikings gets 20+ episodes a season now.

Yeh but vikings can get slow and bogged down. When is that show coming back by the way?

The Last Kingdom is way better than Vikings and is on par with Black Sails and Game of Thrones.

Vikings does have really impressive battle scenes but I honestly found it too easy to stop watching after the 3rd season.

This season of The Last Kingdom is so goood and Im only 4 episodes in. So many brutal deaths and the plot just keeps moving foward.

Im also looking forward to the second season of Frontier. I cant get enough of period war dramas.

I like the show. Saw the whole 1st season and the 1st episode of the 2nd season. I think it's better than current Vikings but not better than prime Vikings. I would rank it like a 7 or 8 out of 10.

Only 3 episodes left and the plot keeps moving. I llove how each episode tends to wrap up nicely instead of regulary ending with mini cliffhangers.

definiitely going to rewatch Rome after this. There arent enough epic period war dramas. Not nearly enough.

Really enjoying this series. I am on episode 6 season 1, have a thing for Breda, suprisingly great rack! Hopefully after the success of Sharpe and this we could get a Warlord chronicles series. @Dragonlordxxxxx any idea if this is in the pipeline? I'd heard rumours

Watched about half of the first episode and it felt so low budget. I'll have to give it another go one of these days because a lot of people praise it.

But, I will not stand for Vikings slander. Ivar the Boneless rules and Bjorn can carry his mantle now that he's gone in that show.

I need to start season 2! Loved the first season.

Back