If You Like AC/DC, But Don't Know Airbourne, I Got Some Bad News...

PCP319

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Guys are the second-coming of the Australians drunks.

Some good ones to listen to (about to go train, so can't embed right now):

Let's Ride
Blackjack
Blonde, Bad, and Beautiful
Bottom of the Well
Runnin' Wild
Steel Town
Stand Up For Rock n' Roll

Thank you for that. I'd never heard of them till now. Cheers.

They're pretty big in Australia now, I believe, but even many classic rock enthusiasts don't know of them. Here are some more videos:

Used to listen to them when I was a kid, first heard that 'Too Much, Too Young, Too Fast' song in some racing game years ago, pretty solid band for what they are (an AC/DC rip off band).

One of my mates played in a similar band.If you like the AC/DC type sound give Nevada Beach a wee listen.They might have done well but when Metal Blade signed and promoted them it was just as the "Seattle sound" was gaining speed.They were in heavy rotation on Headbangers Ball on MTV but then Smells Like Teen Spirit hit and the rest as they say is history.

Now all I need is a Lynyrd Skynyrd rip off band.

They're ok but what's the point? Why would you listen to them when AC/DC are superior in every way. I liked the Too much, too young video but halfway through I thought I'd rather be listening to Powerage. I fuckin love that album. Still, at least they're not Jet.

They're ok but what's the point? Why would you listen to them when AC/DC are superior in every way. I liked the Too much, too young video but halfway through I thought I'd rather be listening to Powerage. I fuckin love that album. Still, at least they're not Jet.
Because their music sounds good? Why listen to any band that sounds like another with your logic?

Because their music sounds good? Why listen to any band that sounds like another with your logic?

There's a diference between being influenced by a band and literally stealing their sound.

I'm not saying they're bad or people shouldn't listen to them. I just think there are some bands whose sound is so unique that copying them is a waste of time. ACDC are definitely on that list. Anyway, I'll give their last album a go and see what I think.

I'm not saying they're bad or people shouldn't listen to them. I just think there are some bands whose sound is so unique that copying them is a waste of time. ACDC are definitely on that list. Anyway, I'll give their last album a go and see what I think.
They do a damn good job at it. I don't think it's a waste of time.

These guys have been out for years and I have never heard of them. Could be a reason why.

I thought at the time "the Darkness" could have been a big thing.

These guys have been out for years and I have never heard of them. Could be a reason why.

I thought at the time "the Darkness" could have been a big thing.
Never having heard of them doesn't mean they suck.

Back