If you had to watch only one, UFC 226 DC vs Stipe or the World Cup 2018, which one would you pick?

Part time firefighter and retired, fat wrestler at 4 AM vs one month of drinking nights watching World's best

I'd watch DC vs Stipe over Tunisia vs Panama, that's about it.

"Part time firefighter" is the best martial artist on the planet, just sayin'. But everybody is free to watch whatever he wants.

WC has been boring and ugly for while, especially since "tiki taka" Spain. I don't even see a favorite this time. But I'm very excited for DC-Stipe, however it lasts only 1 night. I dunno.

Big football fan here, but would choose to watch DC vs Stipe. There's just so much more nerve in MMA, especially when two fighters I really like go at it.

Either he has somehow learned a crazy chest death touch technique... or that sport is full of a bunch of pathetic flopping pussies. I know where I'd place my bet :rolleyes:
It's about taking advantage of the rules. You don't think it has happened in MMA? Watch Koscheck vs Rumble where Josh fakes an injury to his eye.
As long as there's a ton of money on the line, as well as trophies there'll always be shit like that if it means the opponent will get sent off.
Some countries teach you how to dive like Spain and Italy, but there's definitely some honorable guys out there who doesn't dive.

It depends

Will Stipe win?
Will it be a boring wrestling fight?
What teams will play in the final?

Joking... it's DC vs Stipe, hoping that Stipe wins by KO.
I preffer MMA all the time. Even if it will be a boring wrestling fight. OK, maybe not as fun as seeing Brazil being destroyed by Germany with 7-1.

I love MMA.

But miss the World Cup??

Fuck that noise.

You can only watch one of these two

1) UFC226 - main event DC vs Stipe for the HW belt UFC

or

2) World Cup 2018 (any or every single match including the finals)

Which one would you pick and why
1) and easily.

I don't watch soccer
<TheDonald>

Now if you were saying Super Bowl, and the Eagles were playing again, I'd pick that. Even if they weren't. Would have to be two teams I hate for me to miss that. The Super Bowl is the Super Bowl, you know?
There's not an MMA equivalent. There's no "Super Bowl of Mixed Martial Arts..."
<LynchWink>

The ball sports are a nice distraction between MMA events. That's all they are.

Easily Stipe vs DC.

Fuck the fucking worldcup

WC has been boring and ugly for while, especially since "tiki taka" Spain. I don't even see a favorite this time. But I'm very excited for DC-Stipe, however it lasts only 1 night. I dunno.

I don't agree, 'Tiki Taka' Spain era ended after 2012. The last two cups (WC and EURO's) they were eliminated early.

Easy choice though; WC is once every 4 years, and there's fights that get me more excited than DC-Stipe

or

Soccer has got to be one of the most boring sports in the world to watch ever. It's right up there with Baseball and Gold if you count that as a sport.

Also this is an MMA forum, so I would rather watch Elias Theoboreyou for 10 rounds than most other sports.

or

Which sport is the world cup?

Definitely watching UFC.

World Cup without a doubt, biggest sporting event in the world (Maybe 2nd to the olympics actually) and only happens every 4 years

A few years ago I'd have answered UFC without a doubt. Nowadays... meh. World Cup finals depending on who makes it.

Really?

World fucken cup.....foh with your world cup shit

Either he has somehow learned a crazy chest death touch technique... or that sport is full of a bunch of pathetic flopping pussies. I know where I'd place my bet :rolleyes:
To be fair this is no different than the bullshit Weidman tried to pull on Mousasi.

WC all the way . Hoping for another Portugal miracle.

Back