If you had to live on one ethnic food...

Singapore food, but since that's not a real unique ethnic food I'll go with Indonesian/Malaysian.

Japanese.
Healthy, got veggies, beef, fish, raw, cooked, noodles, soup...they do it all.

It's a doner kebab bro. I think in N. America they're called Donair's and they look more like this:

NpGEI40.jpg
In the US, it's usually called a gyro or shawarma. If you mention a kebab in the US, most people picture meat and veggies on a stick.

In the US, it's usually called a gyro or shawarma. If you mention a kebab in the US, most people picture meat and veggies on a stick.
Gyro and shawarma are two different things, similar but different.

Gyro > Shawarma

Edit: also if I recall correctly a donaire is a gyro with some sweet tomato sauce or something. It was invented by some Greek dude who moved to Canada and started selling Gyros but they weren't selling at all until this sauce was introduced.

Singapore food, but since that's not a real unique ethnic food I'll go with Indonesian/Malaysian.
That's practically cheating. Like saying "murrican". Roti Canai(or Prata for @5crew ) for breakfast, bakuteh for lunch, nasi goreng and sate for dinner. Teh tarik til morning. 3 cuisines in one.

That's practically cheating. Like saying "murrican". Roti Canai(or Prata for @5crew ) for breakfast, bakuteh for lunch, nasi goreng and sate for dinner. Teh tarik til morning. 3 cuisines in one.

Singapore is definitely the single best food city/place i've ever been to.

@Doughbelly

I'm thinking maybe American because it includes a lot of ethnic foods like Italian, Mexican, Chinese, German, English, etc. plus BBQ, Cajun, soul food. New American is basically some of the best stuff from around the world. Some of the best restaurants are new American. But if that doesn't really count, then I'd have to think pretty hard about it. So many great cuisines like Italian, French, Greek, Spanish, Mexican, Japanese, Chinese, Thai, Vietnamese, Lebanese, Indian, etc.

Never been to Mexico city have you...

In fact I have when I was a kid. Best street food ever were street tacos at Chepultapec park. Also some great food in Zona Rosa area.

In fact I have when I was a kid. Best street food ever were street tacos at Chepultapec park. Also some great food in Zona Rosa area.
What did you like so much about singapore?

I'll admit I did not know that....thanks for clarification.

I actually worked at a fast food Greek / Gyro store at a mall in Houston as a young lad of 17. Name of store...Perfect Pocket. lol I probably still smell like cucumber sauce.

What did you like so much about singapore?

The food, the quality, the flavors, the variety. Not to mention Singapore was designed as a disneyland for westerners setting up an asian HQ for their businesses so you have all of that too.

Singapore combines, Chinese, Indian and Indonesian cuisines, and the results are spectacular.

Gyro and shawarma are two different things, similar but different.

Gyro > Shawarma

Edit: also if I recall correctly a donaire is a gyro with some sweet tomato sauce or something. It was invented by some Greek dude who moved to Canada and started selling Gyros but they weren't selling at all until this sauce was introduced.
From what I understand, the original is the doner kebab from Turkey, and shawarma is the Lebanese/Middle Eastern version and gyro is the Greek version. Also, like you said, a Greek immigrant in Canada came up with the donair because his gyros weren't selling. It's basically a gyro but with a sweet, creamy sauce instead of tzatziki. I've never had one so hard to compare, but have had gyro and shawarma many times.

Singapore is definitely the single best food city/place i've ever been to.

@Doughbelly

Didn't I once recommend you a place in Singapore? I've forgotten the name.

Singapore is best.

Hong Kong and London close.

I'm disappointed that I never made it to Taiwan.

Didn't I once recommend you a place in Singapore? I've forgotten the name.

Singapore is best.

Hong Kong and London close.

I'm disappointed that I never made it to Taiwan.

The Rice table. They were closed when i got there.

taUwi2QmkLAnZdo_EdMNsnjbJhh6KTVQSr3TdUfKitA7vNEoDl1td0pol-E6HDh3c1851PINZqJHMLSstG_TIVuDGfNuOdeBpZHKaNmEIA9TjFWwwm2k1QFWyaLSPjBWsQyYwFw7s1UDLvngnMkLeaoq3WTdf_-lCiNexElvh8pDZp2PiWfKkdbIw0EVs0eUBI6wdaMH87UxEXiKdLql9rlFCZDR-cYC3e9yWI8Vl2LMnbXHJKgLQB_Uw9cMsJUVu5x_WNtArpOyesitV3d87GoGgfHrOPXm4rokxDu-mRogeMTDHAtSMMzLW0pkZvQVfdiKkMX7cnMB_JJzV_xKIxrWthQrL9k2qcK-cU9WRvqvFIKnmHFvsxq_2Qh7jRWvyxFMuEwI7N69wXh5ZvCOSOwG_Tweyzo04HInSJgWnRlFsFHEsL2zam_iy681-K7ipLRmXP0Vv6OdzBLxNujTeHYxFpoBLknMcgT4dbNSZhw9lCxVgvKMzi_WbSNStjLPbjK2kbXoNLiZB5ITbkhQ1xztTSYt0VrvOyZLAtoQhKSyOIjDT2HkgmFdI_oTFLz1SSfW9lPdaaq_JLXhxtlqVcGxRuW2sZG03s-hODguJVO6OnNuTDndRrWjJ7G9yRqNdFq0dsRi1ztjk9AQASCzR4DnJT6h5_FL-o4=w770-h557-no

Back