IF you had to bet your entire worth on one scheduled upcoming MMA fight what would it be?

I'd bet everything I had that you're not worth a gigantic amount of money IRL.

DJ over Reis ofcourse, Gastelum over Anderson Silva is a good second. And Maybe Cirkunov vs Oezdemir.

Toss up between Swanson vs. Lobov or Mighty Mouse vs. Reis

why does everyone think it's going to be easy? Bisping has good TDD and cardio.
Good TDD? Against people with poor TDs. Any quality wrestler has ragdolled Bisping from Matt Hammil to Tim Kennedy.

And GSP is probably going to be the best wrestler he's ever faced.

That's not a safe bet at all. Expect to be holding your breath as a split decision is called.

Nah it's super uber safe, Ortiz is very very underrated and probably the best gatekeeper at 125, Ortiz by total domination, mark my words.

Nah it's super uber safe, Ortiz is very very underrated and probably the best gatekeeper at 125, Ortiz by total domination, mark my words.

I'll keep an eye on it but I see Moreno winning. Ortiz has only won 1 bout clearly in his last 8. Against tough opposition yes but it doesn't promote much confidence.

Good TDD? Against people with poor TDs. Any quality wrestler has ragdolled Bisping from Matt Hammil to Tim Kennedy.

And GSP is probably going to be the best wrestler he's ever faced.

Tim Kennedy and Matt Hamil are also much larger than GSP is. not to mention that both guys shot over 10 takedowns and were only able to get him down around 50% of the time. that means he kept getting back UP.

do you really think GSP is going to be able to hold him down with every takedown? the reason i say Bisping has pretty good TDD because he causes scrambles, thus tiring a lot of guys out in the process, which is why he BEAT Matt Hamil, nearly BEAT Chael Sonnen, and drew with Rashad Evans even though they landed quite a few takedowns nobody is really able to hold him down for extended periods.

we're also dealing with an unknown factor. GSP. he hasn't fought in years while Bisping has just executed a giant in Rockhold and avenged his loss to Henderson. ring rust is real and Bisping is a much more dangerous fighter now than he was the last time GSP fought in the UFC.

it's hard for me to believe that he'll just come right in and be the same ol' GSP as before, especially when he was already showing signs of struggling against the likes of Johny Hendricks.

Tim Kennedy and Matt Hamil are also much larger than GSP is. not to mention that both guys shot over 10 takedowns and were only able to get him down around 50% of the time. that means he kept getting back UP.

do you really think GSP is going to be able to hold him down with every takedown? the reason i say Bisping has pretty good TDD because he causes scrambles, thus tiring a lot of guys out in the process, which is why he BEAT Matt Hamil, nearly BEAT Chael Sonnen, and drew with Rashad Evans even though they landed quite a few takedowns nobody is really able to hold him down for extended periods.

we're also dealing with an unknown factor. GSP. he hasn't fought in years while Bisping has just executed a giant in Rockhold and avenged his loss to Henderson. ring rust is real and Bisping is a much more dangerous fighter now than he was the last time GSP fought in the UFC.

it's hard for me to believe that he'll just come right in and be the same ol' GSP as before, especially when he was already showing signs of struggling against the likes of Johny Hendricks.
GSP's wrestling is on a whole other level. Evans has already said he had a hard time wrestling GSP when they both trained at Jackson or GSP brought Rashad to Canada to help train him. Also if GSP never injured himself then he was seriously considering vacating the UFC belt and was going to represent Canada in the Olympics for wrestling.

Do you think Matt Hammil and Tim Kennedy would qualify for the Olympics in Canada in their prime physical condition? I don't think so.

Nothing suggest that Bisping will be able to defend GSP's TDs. There is ample evidence that GSP can take Bisping down because he's TD and held down every opponent he's fought when he's want to.

In 2013, if you asked 10 people who would win between Michael Bisping or Johnny Hendricks, 7/10 would have probably said Hendricks.

And the Bisping we are seeing now is not prime Bisping. Prime Bisping is between the Rivera and Le wins. Even though he lost fights during that span that was still the best Bisping. Just a younger, more athletic, less battle worn fighter.

The Bisping we see now yes is winning but is not prime Bisping.

Last edited:
Back