If you had a budget of $500 million to make a game, what kind of game would you make?

To put this in perspective, 500 million is 120 more million than the most expensive blockbuster movie we've ever seen. In that case, the only correct answer is a GTA type game. The only way to put that much fucking money to use is to build a game like GTA V except it has the same depth as Shenmue.

That is, the map is the same as GTA V but you can chat with every NPC and they have at least 3 different responses. You can also enter 9 outta 10 buildings and each one has its own music.

By the way, most of these millions don't go into the actual brilliance of the game. It goes into the bullshit of advertising.

Last edited:
make a small game for 10 million then pay myself a producer salary of 490 million

I'll buy old franchises like Chrono Trigger, Xenogears, Silent Bomber and Skies of Arcadia and recreate them using Unreal Engine.

I'd make Half Life 3. I would to use the money to pull whatever string necessary to make it happen.

Big budget godzilla game where you fight all the laiju
the trick is
buildings and environment will be completely destroyable
large scale cities (real cities)
sandbox like gta or burnout paradise and when entering an area you can either go challenge that monster or just tear shit up :)

Back