If you had a budget of $500 million to make a game, what kind of game would you make?

Panmisiek

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Most of you will say that you dont really need this much money to create great games.

And I agree with that. Minecraft is the best example.

But if you had this money, IT team of dedicated and experienced people what would you make?

I would use all this money and create Diablo 4 MMO, 10 times bigger in items, maps, skills than Diablo 2 where grind is rewarded and offers 5x more builds than PoE does.

Whats your idea?

Maybe a huge outer space rpg a cross between Halo and Mass Effect then 6 months before the release scrap everything and sell off the majority of the game as dlc.

My other idea was to create a large scale survival game in WW2 setting where you travel from Russian gulag to France through forests, steppes, villages, towns, war torn countries, you have to find food, build shelters, day/night cycle, finding guns and so on.

With maps 4 times larger than Sniper Elite 4.

I'd make an RPG with the skills/leveling/customization of Elder Scrolls, writing quality/questlines of the Witcher, and combat of Dragons Dogma.

A single-player Mass Effect-like RPG but with dozens of worlds each the size of World Of Warcraft with inter-galaxy wars going on like in Starcraft 2.

You command your armies while simultaneously fighting on the front lines. But you can't be everywhere, where you're fighting battles, enemies are advancing on other worlds. Diplomacy is required to gain friends, turn enemies into allies, and intimidate those that can't be negotiated with.

Dozens of races - friendly, neutral, and enemies.
Dozens of squadmates.
Dozens of storylines for each of the worlds.
Thousands of interesting NPCs.
Thousands of hours per playthrough - achieving peace throughout the galaxy via any means neccessary and dozens of ways to achieve it, but none of them are easy.
No playthrough can played the same way twice.

Updates and DLC available to keep the game updated and exciting from year to year.

Just thought of this off the top of my head.

I'd make an RPG with the skills/leveling/customization of Elder Scrolls, writing quality/questlines of the Witcher, and combat of Dragons Dogma.
yes because nothing says fun like getting thrown off a cliff by a cyclops when all you really wanted was a piggy back ride.

Massive space drama spanning 500 years, did some preliminary writing on the story.

A wrestling game with the mechanics and feel of the N64 and Gamecube WWF/E games with an expansive create-a-character mode.

Open world, 3rd person RPG Avengers game.

The kind where I promise the biggest open world ever with the ability to do anything, but actually spend the money on whores and PCP

I dunno, it feels like they just made a bunch of dream games for me. Nioh, Total War Warhammer and the Witcher 3 are all exactly the kind of things I love

Bushido blade + tomb raider puzzles / environment navigation + Shadow of collosus scale + elderscrolls world richness / character progression + private multiplayer co op / world sharing

MMO with some sick combination of dragon's dogma and witcher combat, massive dark fantasy world, rift style class system with player made classes comprised of subclasses, lots of randomized loot with fixed unique/legendary items, and open world PVP

I imagine awesome world boss fights with fast action combat and vanilla WoW scale open world battles. There could be bonuses to factions for succeeding in world pvp and sieges like in cyrodiil in ESO.

I would not have the sandbox elements like player made fortresses or player created factions like in hardcore games like darkfall:UW. As awesome as those things sound, I find that in practice they just further the gap between players based on amount of time spent in game as opposed to skill.

I haven't played an mmo in a long time because I don't have the amount of time necessary to be competitive, but they are fucking fun and I would play the one that I just described.

Back