If you got offered 10k to fight a UFC prelim, and were getting pounded on, would you tap?

Not a question for the non-fighter fan. If you make it to the UFC you're tougher than your training partners. The choice to pursue a path to the UFC through the regional circuit and making it is too long of a road to then tap to GnP once you reach that lofty goal.

Troll post....TS.... everyone knows Sherdogger's don't have to fight......too Alpha... 7' 285lbs 8% body fat........too busy banging 10's partying with A list celebs..........getting paid millions just because you post on Sherdog........ Anyway the average Sherdogger crushes 99.9% of UFC roster in the first round and the other 0.1% just about make it to the second round....

I'm not accepting a fight for 10k. Broken bones or brain damage that could effect you for the rest of your life. No thanks.

I'm not accepting a fight for 10k. Broken bones or brain damage that could effect you for the rest of your life. No thanks.
So the answer is you'd tap...
That wasn't so hard, was it

I’d fight CM or Mike Jackson for 10k.

I assume they would be the ones tapping though because I’m a red belt in the art of Sherdog

If these two are my choices, I'm in!

Edit: Yea I would tap to strikes. If yer done yer done....

Last edited:
Would only fight if it's life changing money...heck I almost make 10k a month in my regular job and the only braindamage I suffer there is from incapable collegues

considering I'm not a fighter, I'd tap out the millisecond I got hit for the first time and laugh my way to the bank.

Or would you take the brain damage and the inevitable early death that ensued?
If you were on the first civilian spaceship and you were attacked by aliens, would u head for the escape pods or allow the anal probe?

That's what your hypothetical sounds like right now.

Just turn away so the ref stops it, that way you save yourself the embarrassment of tapping to strikes.

<Gordonhat>

$10k isn't nearly enough to risk damage. I'd do what the top-tier professional cans do: flop at the first decent-looking strike and then give my back for an easy sub loss. Gotta make these things look believable enough!

I'm making a superman comeback and start doing the pounding for the win.

I'd trust the ref. I'd fight until I couldn't anymore. It's not just about money. It's about testing yourself.

For 10k I'd tap before we engage, they ain't profiting from my misery.

I wouldn't accept the $10K in the first place.
That's pretty measly for taking a beating. But yeah if I just get in the cage and tap, sure why not. Don't wanna get in there with a pro and get headkicked and have permanent brain damage. Or even a concussion.

I'd trust the ref. I'd fight until I couldn't anymore. It's not just about money. It's about testing yourself.
Testing yourself is good if you are prepared for the test, especially when failing can cost you a lot. No point in going up against a pro unless you have some solid training.

Back