If You Don't Like Classic Rock, You Need To Get Out

Disturbing lack of actual music in this thread, lol.

If I was blasting shit while cruising the open road on my motorcycle, it would most certainly be Slayer and not Deep Purple that would be coming out of the speakers.

C mon "Highway Star"
I remember my dad was drving about 130+ mph with that song on

C mon "Highway Star"
I remember my dad was drving about 130+ mph with that song on
Nothing beats coming back from a ride and you're riding up to your destination at dusk while other very white trash people are standing there and they look at you in awe while Slayer is telling them their entire mere semiexistance they never had didn't even matter. Honesty in advertising, yeah?

Perhaps I had a bit too much to drink?

A lot of people around my age are stuck listening to classic rock, 80's hair bands or new country. I really don’t get. One of my favorite things to do is discover new music.

That being said:

Anyone that can't acknowledge the awesomeness of The Doors, Rush, Zeppelin, Sabbath or Creedence needs to grow a pair of ears, imo

I don't like the term 'classic rock', it almost 'fetishes' a lot of music that is completely different just because it's older rock music. I absolutely love a hell of a lot stuff from the 60s and 70s, but good music is good music, no matter when it was released. Only thing worse than peoples that don't like music just because it's old, is people who are stuck in the past...

There was plenty of pop music back then that was shite as well, it's the good stuff that has stood the test of time. Just like there is hell of a lot of good stuff now, I'll grant that the charts probably have more shit in them than they did in the past, but there is hell of a lot of good rock music being made today as well....including hip-hop, even if I am not the biggest fan other than a few guys I can still appreciate the talent.

Last edited:
I don't like the term 'classic rock', it almost 'fetishes' a lot of music that is completely different just because it's older rock music.

Whenever I hear the term, I just think of radio stations playing the same few songs over and over.

saw the Allman Bros on a double bill with The Dead way back when at Winterland in SF before they tore the building down.
just smh epic shit. so lucky to have seen shows like that.
the downside is I'm fucking old yo!

damn you have good taste dude. noone knows about him

I don't know much about him, tbf, only recently stumbled across that track via another one on Youtube. I think someone mentioned him in a comment and, I sought him out.

Gawd bless Youtube, man.

Edit: Huh, look at that, that was my 4,000th post.

Some more music. Lots of Beat Club stuff, I realise.

Britney Spears brings it and you can suck on that jabroni
Yo snapperhead, I could crack my knuckles with more rhythm.
tumblr_ly9arjnJeO1qikcuzo1_400.gif

If you don't like classical music, you're a degenerate.

Back