If you could take any Boxer in their prime

uh?

Lewis ducked RJJ?

ahahahhahahahahahahha
Not sure how long you've followed boxing but Lennox Lewis absolutely avoided fighting Roy Jones and made the excuse that he had nothing to gain from fighting him. I never said Roy would have won that fight, but it's a fact that the camps had serious talks and it wasn't Roy who wouldn't agree.

He also ducked Vitali and literally retired to avoid.

Not sure how long you've followed boxing but Lennox Lewis absolutely avoided fighting Roy Jones and made the excuse that he had nothing to gain from fighting him. I never said Roy would have won that fight, but it's a fact that the camps had serious talks and it wasn't Roy who wouldn't agree.

He also ducked Vitali and literally retired to avoid.
Ive only been following boxing for the last 37 years.

At that time, RJJ was in talks mostly with Tyson.

Either way, talks or no talks, its ridiculous to say Lennox "ducked" RJJ.

A HW dont "duck" a former MW/LHW.

It is part of the negociations.

RJJ got his belt from Ruiz, who was not a champ, but a belt-holder.

No ol´school fan... u hear me?...NO OL´SCHOOL fan would ever give RJJ props for this BS belt.

Remember: even a no-longer-in-his-prime Lights Out schooled Ruiz.

Ive only been following boxing for the last 37 years.

At that time, RJJ was in talks mostly with Tyson.

Either way, talks or no talks, its ridiculous to say Lennox "ducked" RJJ.

A HW dont "duck" a former MW/LHW.

It is part of the negociations.

RJJ got his belt from Ruiz, who was not a champ, but a belt-holder.

No ol´school fan... u hear me?...NO OL´SCHOOL fan would ever give RJJ props for this BS belt.

Remember: even a no-longer-in-his-prime Lights Out schooled Ruiz.
I wasn't trying to be rude in asking that question. Most kids on have not been watching for 30 plus years like you and I.

I don't disagree that Ruiz was the biggest chump of the champs. But he was THE ONLY heavyweight and heavyweight champ at that willing to fight jones jr. It was a lineal belt and that is what Jones wanted. I disagree on discrediting the fact that he did obtain the HW title by not giving props. Roy didn't hand pick Ruiz. That's who he was able to get a fight for the title with. Going up from junior middle to heavy and winning the title is impressive. Hence why he was the only person to do it from lw to HW in over 100 years but the only person to do it coming from junior.

As far as Lewis is concerned in my opinion he was a major duck who had the tape on his hands cut so he could cut Vitali and win Dq. He then ducked a rematch. I never saw much heart in the guy. I think Roy was so cocky at his high point he would have fought anyone. I don't think Lennox would ever fight anyone. So fine maybe it's not ducking. But it's refusing to fight according to most insiders and his answer at the first tarver fight as to why he didn't stay at heavy. His reason was Lewis and Tyson wouldn't fight him.

I wasn't trying to be rude in asking that question. Most kids on have not been watching for 30 plus years like you and I.

I don't disagree that Ruiz was the biggest chump of the champs. But he was THE ONLY heavyweight and heavyweight champ at that willing to fight jones jr. It was a lineal belt and that is what Jones wanted. I disagree on discrediting the fact that he did obtain the HW title by not giving props. Roy didn't hand pick Ruiz. That's who he was able to get a fight for the title with. Going up from junior middle to heavy and winning the title is impressive. Hence why he was the only person to do it from lw to HW in over 100 years but the only person to do it coming from junior.

As far as Lewis is concerned in my opinion he was a major duck who had the tape on his hands cut so he could cut Vitali and win Dq. He then ducked a rematch. I never saw much heart in the guy. I think Roy was so cocky at his high point he would have fought anyone. I don't think Lennox would ever fight anyone. So fine maybe it's not ducking. But it's refusing to fight according to most insiders and his answer at the first tarver fight as to why he didn't stay at heavy. His reason was Lewis and Tyson wouldn't fight him.

U see.. Im no Lennox fan, but.. honestly.. he went to the Vitali fight out of shape, he viewed him as another European Big Bum... Even so, he did beat him.. Why take the rematch?

The only last fight that made sense for him was the Tyson one b4, he was ready to retire. He would have retired b4 2002, were it not for this Tyson fight.

Concerning the RJJ negociations, I remembered them pretty well.

The fact is, RJJ had much greater talent than fame. He was not really a player in the HW div... People quickly dismissed his win over Ruiz, coz..well.. that was Ruiz.. And Ruiz got there because of the multiple belts/promoters system..

RJJ´s master plan was to go up and lure Tyson at HW, coz Tyson was no longer in his prime,the biggest name at HW, and an undersized HW..

Problem is... RJJ slightly outpriced himself.

U see.. Im no Lennox fan, but.. honestly.. he went to the Vitali fight out of shape, he viewed him as another European Big Bum... Even so, he did beat him.. Why take the rematch?

The only last fight that made sense for him was the Tyson one b4, he was ready to retire. He would have retired b4 2002, were it not for this Tyson fight.

Concerning the RJJ negociations, I remembered them pretty well.

The fact is, RJJ had much greater talent than fame. He was not really a player in the HW div... People quickly dismissed his win over Ruiz, coz..well.. that was Ruiz.. And Ruiz got there because of the multiple belts/promoters system..

RJJ´s master plan was to go up and lure Tyson at HW, coz Tyson was no longer in his prime,the biggest name at HW, and an undersized HW..

Problem is... RJJ slightly outpriced himself.
I don't disagree with any of that really. However, I do feel Lennox was getting worked over Vitali when he cut him. He started the fight winning but Vitali had felt him out and found a rhythm. He looked like he would probably finish him and lennox cut vitali's eye. I think it was lame saying you'd give a rematch and then vacating the belt to avoid doing so.

I don't disagree with any of that really. However, I do feel Lennox was getting worked over Vitali when he cut him. He started the fight winning but Vitali had felt him out and found a rhythm. He looked like he would probably finish him and lennox cut vitali's eye. I think it was lame saying you'd give a rematch and then vacating the belt to avoid doing so.
OK.. But honestly when he fought VItali, Lennox was already 38 & filthy rich...As he said many times, the Tyson fight was the last thing he had to prove since people kept pestering him about it.

Last edited:
OK.. But honestly when he fought VItali, Lennox was already 38...As he said many times, the Tyson fight was the last thing he had to prove since people kept pestering him about it.
While I don't think he fought the "best" Tyson there was. I remember thinking at the time Tyson was going to really beat him badly. He absolutely outclassed and dismantled mike. I had never appreciated the guy until that fight. He had him figured out and sized up so fast and nullified any power or explosion Tyson had.

While I don't think he fought the "best" Tyson there was. I remember thinking at the time Tyson was going to really beat him badly. He absolutely outclassed and dismantled mike. I had never appreciated the guy until that fight. He had him figured out and sized up so fast and nullified any power or explosion Tyson had.
Tyson was done. Period

Back