If you could take any Boxer in their prime

I used to be as hard core a Tyson fan as any that ever lived. When I was watching him live I would swear left and right that he was the absolute best to ever have step into the ring. It wasn't until much later when I delved into the history of the sport, read books, watched the fights I was too young to have seen live and really listened to the people who were following it back then, that I realized the error of my ways.

The level of competition a fighter faces and beats is more telling than their record on paper. It was blow to me to come to the realization that I had been so wrong for so many years, but the facts couldn't be denied.

When I worshiped Tyson I was an ill-informed noob who was enamored with his viciousness and dominance. I didn't give much thought to who he was beating the shit out of.

You and I can agree to disagree as gentleman.

Peace.
I'm not a mike Tyson fan. Not at all. I think he would be very well suited for Mma.

Roy Jones Jr, Hagler, Leonard, Robinson, young Mosley, Hearns, even Frazier at HW are just a few off the top of my head I appreciate much more. That doesn't mean I'm going to bash the guys skill.

I would take 193 lb Roy Jones over Tyson every time in a bet and Ali over both. It doesn't change the fact that Tyson had a sick uppercut, was very hard to hit, and basically had a similar style to how couture dirty boxed. So yes I would definitely make him into an Mma fighter if we are discussing that. Your hate for him makes you so blind like a Conor hugger you keep attacking me as a Tyson fan like huggers assume all non Conor fans are Aldo or Nate fans.

You probably did not even read my original post or realize this thread is about who we think would transition into a good Mma fighter not the best hw of all time.

Mike-Tyson-clapping-and-laughing.gif

I'm such a dumb fuck! I start shit over a typo then I type that mess up
simple-jack-o.gif

It happens. I'm a fucking asshole when I haven't blazed yet. Check back in about 30 minutes I'll probably have chilled out.

I'm not a mike Tyson fan. Not at all. I think he would be very well suited for Mma.

Roy Jones Jr, Hagler, Leonard, Robinson, young Mosley, Hearns, even Frazier at HW are just a few off the top of my head I appreciate much more. That doesn't mean I'm going to bash the guys skill.

I would take 193 lb Roy Jones over Tyson every time in a bet and Ali over both. It doesn't change the fact that Tyson had a sick uppercut, was very hard to hit, and basically had a similar style to how couture dirty boxed. So yes I would definitely make him into an Mma fighter if we are discussing that. Your hate for him makes you so blind like a Conor hugger you keep attacking me as a Tyson fan like huggers assume all non Conor fans are Aldo or Nate fans.

You probably did not even read my original post or realize this thread is about who we think would transition into a good Mma fighter not the best hw of all time.

You and I started a secondary debate.

That's what I was responding to.

You and I started a secondary debate.

That's what I was responding to.
Apparently I wasn't aware of our separate debate. I was only ever arguing the skills that Tyson had that make him an ideal candidate to fight at LIGHT HEAVY WEIGHT in the UFC.

It's cool man. I was pretty surprised when you attacked my original post because it only showed examples of mike throwing shots that were reminiscent of Mma dirty boxing and his ability to avoid shots at a close range with head movement.

I still feel he was absolutely one of the top 15 heavyweights to ever fight. He definitely avoided Roy Jones after Roy dismantled John Ruiz. I get it though he had nothing to gain fighting a natural middle weight that no one in 5 other weight classes had an answer for.

And move them over to UFC, who would you pick?

My choice would be Earnie Shavers. Earnie had the type of power that makes Shane's punches look like a LHW. He may not be the best choice, but he would be the most dangerous and fun to watch.

Earnie could KO JDS, Stipe, & Cain in one night if they stand with him. But his lack of wrestling would hold him back to the lower Top 10. But he can definitely be champion if the stars align.

Earnie Shavers HW champion of the world :p

Do you agree with my pick? Who would be yours?
FakeFastKinglet-mobile.gif

My choice would be Earnie Shavers. Earnie had the type of power that makes Shane's punches look like a LHW. He may not be the best choice, but he would be the most dangerous and fun to watch.

Earnie could KO JDS, Stipe, & Cain in one night if they stand with him. But his lack of wrestling would hold him back to the lower Top 10. But he can definitely be champion if the stars align.

Don-Frye-Vs.-Yoshihiro-Takayama (2).gif

Would take this one:

200px-Roberto-Duran.jpg

He is my favorite athletes of all time. The only guy to come from junior middleweight and win every title including HW. The cage takes away one of his biggest assets is my only issue there. He would be unstoppable but I think there may be a few boxers that would be better Mma prototypes.
His HW belt was pure BS... Ruiz...

Ure a fan of BOTH Marvellous & SRL..

Interesting...

Ure a fan of BOTH Marvellous & SRL..

Interesting...
I've never understood taking a personal investment in who you are a fan of. They both gave some of the best battles a person could ever watch in boxing.

His HW belt was pure BS... Ruiz...
He was going to beat any person who was holding that hw belt. Lennox retired to avoid him. There was nothing bullshit about winning every title from 154,160,168,174, and heavy weight at 193 lbs.

I've never understood taking a personal investment in who you are a fan of. They both gave some of the best battles a person could ever watch in boxing.
Itz coz they are pretty different in their fight approach..

Marvellous was a clear throwback, ol´school..

SRL was a modern cynic calculator... borderline fraud... (see his 2nd fight with Manos de Piedra and the Hagler one)

He lost three times whether you or I agree with the decisions or not.
Then Bradley DID beat Paquiao, the 1st time... if I follow ur logic

Then Chavez DID earn the draw vs Sweet Pea..... if I follow ur logic

He was going to beat any person who was holding that hw belt. Lennox retired to avoid him. There was nothing bullshit about winning every title from 154,160,168,174, and heavy weight at 193 lbs.
uh?

Lewis ducked RJJ?

ahahahhahahahahahahha

Duran. Ultra aggressive stand and trade in the pocket style. Serious KO power. Vicious, nasty fighter. Even though he was submitted by someone named Funaki in a bizarre "MMA" vs. boxing match when he was old and fat. Thought he did well all things considered.

We thought about the same guy...

Back