If you could take any Boxer in their prime

RoyJonesJr

Carti Season
@red
Reaction score
And move them over to UFC, who would you pick?

My choice would be Earnie Shavers. Earnie had the type of power that makes Shane's punches look like a LHW. He may not be the best choice, but he would be the most dangerous and fun to watch.

Earnie could KO JDS, Stipe, & Cain in one night if they stand with him. But his lack of wrestling would hold him back to the lower Top 10. But he can definitely be champion if the stars align.

Earnie Shavers HW champion of the world :p

Do you agree with my pick? Who would be yours?

Oh and I forget, lets say these picks start their career training mma rather than boxing. So I say Earnie starts MMA training at ATT.

ee2bdb8fff1d634e1ffe62605161cdce.jpg
tumblr_mr5p552aCy1ryruxqo1_400.gif
1e25608d7c51c78fcf74275b45a6313d.gif
Mike-Tyson-Training-Young.gif
ba55083e0150d21a0c6880ba5ed74f4c.gif
e11da9f6699f14c604cff81f80315b6e.gif

This guy at 205 teach him to dirty box.

Butterbean
Randall "Tex" Cobb

Golovkin. Strong, tough as nails, hits like a truck, iron chin. He'd run the LW division.

Prime George Foreman.

Well sized.

Skilled as fuck.

Insane power.

Unmatched chin.

Julian Jackson fighting at LW with those 4oz gloves.. oo boy

Last edited:
Vitali Klitschko has a kickboxing background,so he'd pretty much destroy everyone without a sweat.

While foreman had incredible power, his cardio was never all that great.

Lol...GTFO. Don't "just watch" the Ali fight and talk shit? You're talking out of your ass and should apologize to Big George.

Duran. Ultra aggressive stand and trade in the pocket style. Serious KO power. Vicious, nasty fighter. Even though this thing unfortunately happened. Thought he did well all things considered.

Last edited:
While foreman had incredible power, his cardio was never all that great.

Are you being serious? Do you realize how many rounds this guy was able to go in his prime? Fuck in his prime...the man won a world title at 45 years old.

This is why I pick Foreman. Choosing a lighter weight fighter is crazy because the talent pool at the lower weight classes in MMA is far stronger than at heavyweight.

A killer like Foreman in his prime who had the imposing physical attributes, amazing chin and destructive punching power could literally murder opponents with one punch wearing 4-5 oz gloves. And to be honest, that might be all a boxer would get off before being taken down. Lighter weight boxers wouldn't necessarily have that kind of power.

I stand by my pick.

Lomachenko trained grappling in his youth, correct? If so then I choose him I guess, it should be easier for him to learn grappling for MMA.

ee2bdb8fff1d634e1ffe62605161cdce.jpg
tumblr_mr5p552aCy1ryruxqo1_400.gif
1e25608d7c51c78fcf74275b45a6313d.gif
Mike-Tyson-Training-Young.gif
ba55083e0150d21a0c6880ba5ed74f4c.gif
e11da9f6699f14c604cff81f80315b6e.gif

This guy at 205 teach him to dirty box.

You know who thinks Tyson was one of the all time boxing greats?

People who never watched boxing.

Kid made his name off of fighting has beens and bums, even paying fighters to step aside from mandatory title shots so that he could continue padding his record with has-beens and bums.

The second Tyson faced legit competition like Holyfield and Lewis ( an aforementioned fighter his camp paid off to avoid fighting) he was exposed.

Ernie is a good pick but I'd pick George Foreman. Dude was a genetic freak and strong as an ox so would probably be a excellent grappler as well.

Kid made his name off of fighting has beens and bums, even paying fighters to step aside from mandatory title shots so that he could continue padding his record with has-beens and bums.

The second Tyson faced legit competition like Holyfield and Lewis ( an aforementioned fighter his camp paid off to avoid fighting) he was exposed.
He was exciting to watch but damn, boxing dirty as fuuuuuuck.

You know how you know someone knows shit about boxing or any sport for that matter? When they make a generalization that a fighter who was 37-0 with 34 by knockout was a product of hype.

I never said he was the best boxer to ever live. I said I would pick a guy with his build, speed, power, and ability to take shots and not even flinch if I wanted to make a UFC fighter.

He fought Holyfield so far after his Cus D'amato days. He wasn't even the same fighter. I'm not even going to bother debating with you either. I am certain I could count the people who know more about boxing than me on this site with one hand. You're not included and you just proved it.

Back