If you could get rid of any state...

I would have to say Hawaii, reason being is because I was there for 16 days in 2011 and had multiple items stolen. The thieves are everywhere there. I had my phone stolen and someone broke into the hotel room I was staying in and stole various things.. even my tea flask!!!.

I had spoken to a few other people there at the time and they all warned me about it and said to not carry a lot of money. Which I didn't anyway. Now Hawaii has some very nice beaches and yummy food!! but the thieves there are too much.
What the fuck is a tea flask? I own numerous flasks, and trust me, none of them have ever held tea.

There isn’t much to get other than me talking about getting rid of a state for a completely frivolous reason. Michigan is divided by a lake into two land masses.

ok, I had no idea it was divided in 2 land masses by a lake.

Probably some backwoods fatass illiterate state like Mississippi or Arkansas.

fed_spending_dollar.JPG

then who will pay the taxes that go to support the deadbeat southern states?

It would be more useful to see a further breakdown on what is going towards military spending, federally funded research, etc., and what is going towards social programs.

Why would anyone want to get rid of Texas or California . California has camp Pendleton and Texas has fort hood. Both have huge economies that contribute to Americas well being.

Then why's everything so fucking expensive there? :)

it's expensive because all the yuppie liberal dorks from silicon valley buy-up houses and apartments in san francisco and skyrocket rent prices. there was actually an attempt at creating a movement to curb this trend. all the people working as waiters and baristas are tired of having to commute from outside of the city to work there. all i can say is, too damn bad. gotta learn some skills to get paid well.

Why would anyone want to get rid of Texas or California . California has camp Pendleton and Texas has fort hood. Both have huge economies that contribute to Americas well being.
well that and California and Texas hold a staggering percentage of our active duty Armed Forces...

Cali has Camp Pendleton, Barstow, Miramar, 29 Palms, MWTC Bridgeport and MCRD for the Marines
Ft Irwin, the Presidio/Ft Ord for the Army (and other smaller reserve bases like Hunter Leggit)
Navy has all the SD bases, Port Hueneme, Lemoore and Alameda, China Lake
AF has Travis, Vandenberg, Ventura AFB, Edwards, March (reserve), etc...

and that's just california

I don't know if that's true. Illegals aren't paying taxes on their income so that would mean Cali is losing a shit ton from income tax. Also everything is so damn expensive in Cali. I'm not arguing that Cali makes money, problem they might be spending too much. And I really don't know all the details because I'm not that interested. I do know I've heard many times that the state of California is broke. Could be BS, but one thing I've wondered is how the fuck do they have water shortages? This is 2017 & a state can't supply enough water to some of their citizens? That's a red flag to me. A state as big as California should be able to afford to correct water shortage problem.

we don't really know where california would be if there wasn't illegal immigration. the state has been so accustomed to having cheap illegal labor, that if the state were to remove the illegal workforce, companies would be forced to raise wages to both legal levels and higher wages in general, for regular workers to take those jobs. someone has to perform those jobs, and the demand would require those higher wages.

it's expensive because all the yuppie liberal dorks from silicon valley buy-up houses and apartments in san francisco and skyrocket rent prices. there was actually an attempt at creating a movement to curb this trend. all the people working as waiters and baristas are tired of having to commute from outside of the city to work there. all i can say is, too damn bad. gotta learn some skills to get paid well.
I wasn't just referring to Nor Cal, but the state as a whole. The illegals might reduce labor costs and increase productivity for the owner class, but if anything they lower wages for native-born citizens and everything is still ultra expensive.

Jealousy

I wasn't just referring to Nor Cal, but the state as a whole. The illegals might reduce labor costs and increase productivity for the owner class, but if anything they lower wages for native-born citizens and everything is still ultra expensive.

yeah, that's true as well. even if we remove the illegal immigration aspect of this, it will be expensive anyway simply because it's a beautiful area of the country, with great weather, so it's an area always in demand.

What the fuck is a tea flask? I own numerous flasks, and trust me, none of them have ever held tea.
It keeps tea or any hot water hot for long, so if you want to go to the beach or somewhere then the water will remain hot inside still.

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/29291800/

thats the one I had, its very useful. On the box it says it keeps tea warm for up to 6 hours, but I actually found it keeps it warm for even longer than that, very useful. I take it on fishing trips too sometimes.

It keeps tea or any hot water hot for long, so if you want to go to the beach or somewhere then the water will remain hot inside still.

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/29291800/

thats the one I had, its very useful. On the box it says it keeps tea warm for up to 6 hours, but I actually found it keeps it warm for even longer than that, very useful. I take it on fishing trips too sometimes.
Here that's one of those things where one brand has eclipsed all others. Regardless of make that would be a thermos around here.

Last edited:
Maine expanded the interstate with extra lanes years ago due to Summer tourist traffic, largely from Massachusetts and New York. Many of us were hoping that the extra lanes would be only added to the southbound side of the interstate that leads out of Maine.

Back