If you could get rid of any state...

CA would be an all-time great country if it ever became independent. Great universities, beautiful weather and people. The culture is diverse, which brings fantastic cuisine. You have beaches and snow resorts within a couple hours of each other.

Simply the goat.

:cool:

Well I live in Northern California and work in the construction industry and I just don't see it. There are plenty of Mexicans here but they are properly vetted and legal when doing legit jobs, the illegals I see group around certain areas waiting for someone to drive up in a truck asking if they want to work and go clean up a backyard for $50 and a Coke.

In my anecdotal experience I have never met anyone that didn't get a job because of some illegal. Matter of fact, workers are in need here. I've been trying to get a new hire on for months. There is no job shortage here...

You'd be surprised. Grape pickers actually do get paid well. It's fucking tedious back breaking work and done in the middle of the night. I live in wine country and know people that have done it and heard their experiences. The whiteboys said "fuck that" real fast, especially since their are better options for employment for them.

Again, we don't have a job shortage at least in Northern California, if anything we have a worker shortage. We need workers like crazy to rebuild my city that was halfway burnt to the ground, and jobs were plenty even before that happened.
I'm sure Northern California is a little different. And it sounds like you may live in a more rural area, which would also be a little different. I know from experience in some cities with a large population of illegals, you can just go to Home Depot & there will be plenty of illegals begging for work.

Obviously all of the illegals are making an income one way or another. And they aren't paying taxes on any of it. If they're going to be allowed to work here, at least figure out a way to tax their income. We all know that will never happen. That's aggravating for someone like myself who works my ass off & has to give up 35% of my income to the government. It's bullshit that illegals are allowed to not pay income tax when a citizen like myself can get sent to jail for that same thing.

I wanted to say Kentucky because of the creationism museum, but then I thought of kfc.. even Steven/fairly squarly

Obviously all of the illegals are making an income one way or another. And they aren't paying taxes on any of it. If they're going to be allowed to work here, at least figure out a way to tax their income. We all know that will never happen. That's aggravating for someone like myself who works my ass off & has to give up 35% of my income to the government. It's bullshit that illegals are allowed to not pay income tax when a citizen like myself can get sent to jail for that same thing.
I totally agree but now we are further away from that ever happening since ICE started rounding up illegals leaving church and deporting them. There is no trust now, so being able to document them is impossible now. Things have been made worse.

California might be kinda cool without the Californians

True dat. These scumbags too. @The Hash Slinging Slasher

celeb-collage.jpg

Minnesota and their goofy ass accents would probably be number #1 for me. Wouldn't mind California breaking up into smaller states though.

And they aren't paying taxes on any of it.

We've been through this before. Guess who doesn't pay taxes, provide insurance, provide OSHA compliant working conditions for their business? Their employer. Why is your focus on the pennies the undocumented workers are illegally paid when there is millions of dollars that aren't being taxed by the business owner?

If they're going to be allowed to work here, at least figure out a way to tax their income.

Illegal actions should be punished. Hiring undocumented workers is illegal, paying them is illegal, not paying taxes is illegal. Why are none of these businesses ever punished?

We all know that will never happen. That's aggravating for someone like myself who works my ass off & has to give up 35% of my income to the government. It's bullshit that illegals are allowed to not pay income tax when a citizen like myself can get sent to jail for that same thing.

It's bullshit American business owners hire undocumented workers they cheat the system and never get punished. Your grievances are misdirected.

http://www.motherjones.com/kevin-dr...-less-illegal-immigration-go-after-employers/

Last edited:
CA would be an all-time great country if it ever became independent. Great universities, beautiful weather and people. The culture is diverse, which brings fantastic cuisine. You have beaches and snow resorts within a couple hours of each other.

Simply the goat.

:cool:

Yes, that is all true. No argument there. Then you have the gov't which ruins everything.

Think you live free? Well of course you do: there's a permit, tax, fee, and waiting list.

Which one would it be and why?
Would not get rid of any state. But, just for the record, New Jersey (aka, America's armpit) is the most fucked up state with the most fucked up laws and taxes.

Last edited:
We've been through this before. Guess who doesn't pay taxes, provide insurance, provide OSHA compliant working conditions for their business? Their employer. Why is your focus on the pennies the undocumented workers are illegally paid when there is millions of dollars that aren't being taxed by the business owner?

Illegal actions should be punished. Hiring undocumented workers is illegal, paying them is illegal, not paying taxes is illegal. Why are none of these businesses ever punished?

It's bullshit American business owners hire undocumented workers they cheat the system and never get punished. Your grievances are misdirected.

http://www.motherjones.com/kevin-dr...-less-illegal-immigration-go-after-employers/
I'm driving right now so I have to make this short.

So you're blaming he businesses for hiring illegals. You have a point, buts that's only half of the problem. If the illegals weren't allowed to be here, businesses wouldn't have the opportunity to hire them.

And in sanctuary cites, how are illegals supposed to make a living?

If we're being pragmatic, probably Hawaii. If it has to be mainland then either Mississippi or Alabama.

Logically speaking, California (largest agricultural output, largest economy), New York (NYC, 'nuff said), Texas (largest oil output, largest military service output) are out of the question. Those 3 are locks.

Hawaii has a lot of racism towards the military personnel stationed there. Also black and white people are the brunt of the prejudice. It's swept under the rug because Hawaii heavily relies on tourism. @TheLastSpartan

So you're blaming he businesses for hiring illegals.

No blame here, they are the culprit.

You have a point, buts that's only half of the problem.

The other half is law enforcement.

If the illegals weren't allowed to be here

They aren't allowed here but the only place they are actively pursued is at the border which is idiotic. The cross illegally to work jobs that are offered to them at known businesses. In fact at most places they are the exclusive workers. If the hiring stops they will rebound and stop coming. This is a hand and glove economic situation with law enforcement fitting the glove on the hand.

Until business owners are punished financially to the tipping point of hiring legal workers this cycle will perpetuate.

And in sanctuary cites, how are illegals supposed to make a living?

I'm not familiar with what a sanctuary city is.

Back