If you could change the career of any fighter, who's would you change, and why?

Frankie Baby!

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Me personally, I'd change Anthony Pettis'. I would've changed his loss in the WEC, the Clay Guida fight, and the RDA fight. I love Anthony Pettis, and it sucks to see him lose, I think the RDA fight made him lose his confidence, and now he doesn't pull the trigger like he used to. I think he might still be able to be a top contender if he gets his shit straight, and maybe changes camps.

Discuss.

Mike Tyson, he could have been the greatest ever. Cus D'amato must be ashamed.

Not have DC lose to Jones the second time. Wouldve had an epic third fight and have them both in the category of GOATs regardless of whomever won the third fight.

DC without those losses has an argument for GOAT imo.<DCrying>

Not have DC lose to Jones the second time. Wouldve had an epic third fight and have them both in the category of GOATs regardless of whomever won the third fight.
And not have Jones pop? No third fight without either.

And not have Jones pop? No third fight without either.

Agreed. DC is simultaneously underrated and underappreciated imo. History will favor him better, 1-2 years after retiring we'll have "Is DC the GOAT?!!!" threads.

I'd make Covington do this on his first day at the gym

giphy.gif

If I was Ninja Rua's manager, I would have never let him fight as a HW, let alone against Sergei.

I'd also ask Shogun to retire.

I'd have Sage Northcutt be a good fighter, win all his fights on the way to becoming an undefeated, multiple weight champion.

After finally capturing the HW belt, as Dana wraps it round his waist, a tear rolling down his cheek as happy as only a proud father can feel, Sage renounces Jesus and thanks his new lord and saviour, Turinabol, who has been with him daily throughout his entire career.

Just throw 2 or 3 more punches , Goddamn Nog! Forget about the fucking guillotine.

Fan of Tyron but I wanted Maia to get that W so he could hold the belt one time. Then I would have him retire in peace.

I'd change Jose Aldo getting nuked by McGregor... I mean what the fuck is the difference? Conor would have the same amount of title defenses no matter what the result of that fight was.

I would have changed CM Punks match to a spinning shit KO by Punk.

I would have changed Crocop VS Napaos fight to Left Kick KO by Crocop.

I would have changed Jones VS Alexander to KO by Alexander.

I would have changed Wonderboy VS Woodley 1 to spinning shit KO by Wonderboy.

I would have changed it so Yuki Nakai never took the fight against Gerard Gordeau, told Scott Morris to keep training his Ninjitsu one-five more years before trying out UFC, and Paul Herrera to change profession.

Jonathan Brookins...

Lateral dropped Aldo WHILE stoned out of his mind. Beat Michael Johnson to win season 12 of TUF, showed a lot of talent. Til' he dropped a few losses, left to find himself in India and practice Yoga, came back to starve himself to Flyweight, went up and down in weight and W/L record, and now hasn't fought in a year.

I would have liked to see him stay at Featherweight upon his return. His striking defense was admittedly more porous than a sponge, but he always came to scrap and had fun fights.

...This thread made me sad, I'm going to bed now.

Make Ricardo Arona continue fighting. We could have been a champ in the UFC

Paige Vanzant.

I'd have her shave her head.

CroCop, would make the guy take time off to take care of all the lingering injuries.

Back