If You Caught Your Coach Talking Trash About You...

If you overhear your coach "talking shit" about you, the first thing you need to do is step back and analyze what they said.

Were they in fact talking shit about you, or just telling someone the truth about you? Were they taking personal jabs at you, or talking to a colleague about your skill set?

Exactly, OP needs to analyze with some discernment.

We should anonymously submit fraudsters to the guy who makes these videos:

I lost my first ammy fight and got told that i have no talent (which they are right about i have no strength or speed naturally)

After that no one has really paid attention to me at the gym

I lost my first ammy fight and got told that i have no talent (which they are right about i have no strength or speed naturally)

After that no one has really paid attention to me at the gym
Time to leave if you haven't. Paying for fees, and not getting the coaching, this relationship is reciprocal

Time to leave if you haven't. Paying for fees, and not getting the coaching, this relationship is reciprocal

Already did, just need to find a new gym

There is the best gym in the country pretty close but my opponent is from there lol

Already did, just need to find a new gym

There is the best gym in the country pretty close but my opponent is from there lol
lol, this has Hollywood boxing drama film written all over it

We should anonymously submit fraudsters to the guy who makes these videos:

we should hahahah. Nothing wrong with coaches of different skill levels, backgrounds, etc, but.........when you lie........you should be exposed.

Ill use Erik Paulson as an aexample. Never fought, great coach, however if he had lied to the world that he was "the champ" he would be considered a fraud and not had the success that he has.

ok wow after I googled this guy, I didnt recall the name, but this was the guy I was talking about a while back, that Joe Rogan said this guy was telling people he was having kumite death matches in the forest etc. Anyways all the bullshit this dude pulled off would not be possible today due to the internet, technology, and social media, however back in the day you could get away with shit like this, as there was no way to verify it, you just had to take ppls word for it. This problem is also in the MT community, as there are a handful of coaches from the "old school" that have basically done the same thing of lying about their accomplishments of fighting in other countries 25 yrs ago no way can verify.

also wanted to point out that i fought lethwei in burma 25 years ago and my record is 10-0 with 11 knockouts o_O

The relationship between a coach and his team is supposed to be one of mutual benefit, and trust.

However, if you walked in on or overheard your coach talking down on you to another member of the gym what would you do?

Would you try to approach him on the situation, and move forward together?

Or

Would you feel that the trust has been broken, and find another place to train?

Thoughts?
Depends how much ur payin for the gym.if i aint paying anything i wouldnt care

maybe I am confusing him with Greg Jackson? Or whatever the MMA coach guys name is that is the great coach everyone talks about although he never fought. Not real big on MMA so I could very easily have confused the names.
Yeah, Greg Jackson never fought, so that's probably who you were thinking of. Regardless, your main point about coaches who never fought is perfectly valid.

Back