If you buy pre-sliced vegetables you don't deserve happiness.

Medulla Omoplata

Mayberry Comptroller
@Silver
Reaction score
Vegetable%20Butcher_2017-02_store%20sliced%20vegetables.jpg

You are creating more waste, utilizing more resources and creating a greater carbon footprint compared to slicing them yourself. You're also lazy and probably poor.

Agreed.

But lazy yes.....probably poor, not likely.

You are creating more waste, utilizing more resources and creating a greater carbon footprint compared to slicing them yourself. You're also lazy and probably poor.
I'm pretty sure that's how they sell irregularly shaped/bruised/ near expiration date vegetables. Less waste, imo.

Poor? They charge like triple price for that crap. Yes I agree that it is extremely wasteful though

What about button mushrooms? That's gotta be an exception.

I like to create as much waste as possible, so I always buy pre-sliced veggies. Then when I get them home i throw them in the trash and go out to eat.

I think they actually create less waste. When I use this stuff it's usually less than what a whole veggie would be and I generally end up throwing the rest of the veggie away because I don't need to cook that much. For example the pre-diced onions don't equal an entire onion and a lot of people don't need an entire onion. The cut up peppers are not 3 whole peppers.

What. You expect me to grow it and slice it myself?

Chill. I have a garden.

Or you might have a disability. Or you might be elderly and suffer from arthritis. Or any number of other circumstances you may not know about that make statements like this consistently asinine.

That would be like the least acceptable exception
The least acceptable? I would have thought closer to the most acceptable.

I still buy them whole cause the cut up ones oxidize and go brown too quickly but if I was going to cheat mushrooms would be the easy choice.

The least acceptable? I would have thought closer to the most acceptable.

I still buy them whole cause the cut up ones oxidize and go brown too quickly but if I was going to cheat mushrooms would be the easy choice.

Mushrooms are like the easiest things to cut.

I should know

7D12t5zs2w-10.png

Why poor? Don't the sliced vegetables end up costing more?

Back