If Wilder and Whyte fight

Who wins?

• Total voters
Whyte still isn't very good

Not a very technical boxer, and not a huge power hitter, decidedly B-level in the landscape of the HW division

Sad day in boxing when/if we'll have Wilder vs Whyte and Joshua vs Povetkin.

Let the champs figure it out and the other two cheaters can fight for a mando
I think some build up is ok as long as the fights in the meantime are quality. Parker and Whyte fit that so I wont complain.

Just not interested in squash matches.
You wouldn't take my bet on a potential AJ vs Wilder showdown.

In regards to Wilder vs Whyte. It's a good match up, if you want to match Vegas odds and Whyte is a fairly big underdog I'll take you up on it.
What bet?

Whyte will get destroyed.

If WIlder beats Whyte, it will be his second best win which is hilarious considering the shit he gets on here. We aren't talking about an old Stiverne who lays on the ropes and blocks with his forehead, Whyte is young, can box well, hits the body as good as anyone, and looks to pose a genuine KO threat now his shoulder is fixed. He wasn't punching properly with his left at all for a long time.

I'd have Wilder as a 60-40 favourite, but wouldn't be surprised at all if he gets clipped with a left hook and put on bambi legs at some point. Whyte has a good chin so should be able to go rounds, but Wilder should be finishing him.

Whyte v Ortiz would be a good fight. I know Ortiz is incredibly overrated on here because he fought WIlder (to the point people claim he hits as hard as Wlad), but that would be a grueling, competitive fight if it happened. Neither is blowing the other out.
The people who say Ortiz is overrated overrate Whyte.

I think some build up is ok as long as the fights in the meantime are quality. Parker and Whyte fit that so I wont complain.

Just not interested in squash matches.

What bet?

Whyte will get destroyed.

It was a while ago now, you must not have seen it.

To be honest I do see Wilder winning the fight, probably by late-mid round stoppage but I do think it'd be competitive. Whyte will hit Wilder early and often. Whyte winning is not as far fetched as you want to believe. Hence why I will take you up on a bet at Vegas odds if I get 4-1 +

Whyte isn't winning this one unless he manages to clock Wilder and get him on queer street.

If he catches Wilder unlike Ortiz, Whyte will finish him but in general he'll likely get whipped by the 7th round or so.

Thing is though this will be a good fight for Wilder as not only will he take away one of the two opponents Joshua could use to stall a fight with Wilder leaving him with no viable opponent for a year, but he'll also gain respect for fighting a Brit who is actually a game challenger.

Problem with Ortiz is although he was an accomplished fighter the guy is getting on in years and isn't going to compete the way Whyte will offer to do aggression wise.

If Joshua fights Whyte instead of Wilder that means Tyson Fury will have his come back match and then be another option for Joshua after the Whyte fight leaving Wilder on the sidelines in no mans land ......... Joshua already took Parker away from him.

If Wilder's sh*t house management is smart (which they're not) they'd fight Whyte taking him off the table, pleasing the WBC mandatory requirement, beating the no2 Brit hyping the exposure and taking Joshua's rival off the map.

......... leaving only Wilder and Joshua.

If he fights Whyte, Joshua won't be able to stall only with Fury because Fury hasn't even had his comeback fight yet, he'll only become an option if Joshua fights Whyte to bridge the time gap.

......... this is all presuming Joshua is avoiding Wilder mind you or stalling him.

It was a while ago now, you must not have seen it.

To be honest I do see Wilder winning the fight, probably by late-mid round stoppage but I do think it'd be competitive. Whyte will hit Wilder early and often. Whyte winning is not as far fetched as you want to believe. Hence why I will take you up on a bet at Vegas odds if I get 4-1 +
The speed and length difference is going to be too much to overcome.

I cant be the only one that noticed how slow he is.

The people who say Ortiz is overrated overrate Whyte.

Who overrates Whyte? He's a top contender whether you like it or not and I've never seen anyone claim anything that surpasses that. He can't be that overrated if he would be Wilders second best win in nearly 40 fights can he?

Ortiz is overrated because of people like you who claim he hits as hard as Wlad and is just as good a win. You lose all rationality when Wilder is involved. Ortiz is a good fighter but that's it, he's never proven himself to be anything past that. He built his rep from an amateur record and people claiming Joshua was ducking him. You will call Whyte trash but it's pretty clear that Whyte v Ortiz would be a good, competitive fight.

Who overrates Whyte? He's a top contender whether you like it or not and I've never seen anyone claim anything that surpasses that. He can't be that overrated if he would be Wilders second best win in nearly 40 fights can he?

Ortiz is overrated because of people like you who claim he hits as hard as Wlad and is just as good a win. You lose all rationality when Wilder is involved. Ortiz is a good fighter but that's it, he's never proven himself to be anything past that. He built his rep from an amateur record and people claiming Joshua was ducking him. You will call Whyte trash but it's pretty clear that Whyte v Ortiz would be a good, competitive fight.
Clockwork.

Youre one of them. Obviously.

I truly cannot wait to see you discredit Whyte after Wilder puts him to sleep.

Clockwork.

Youre one of them. Obviously.

I truly cannot wait to see you discredit Whyte after Wilder puts him to sleep.

A complete non answer from you, who'd have thought it?

Oh you're doing this again? Not a single person picks Whyte to win but when he doesn't your going to turn around and pretend everyone did, gotcha.

How is Whyte so overrated if he would be Wilders second best win in nearly 40 fights, something isn't adding up here.

I don't really see what Whyte has this side of a slim pucher chance.

He's defitely legit, though.

A complete non answer from you, who'd have thought it?

Oh you're doing this again? Not a single person picks Whyte to win but when he doesn't your going to turn around and pretend everyone did, gotcha.

How is Whyte so overrated if he would be Wilders second best win in nearly 40 fights, something isn't adding up here.
Pot meet kettle?

You shit on everything Wilder does but try to praise the likes of Whyte. Its comedy.

Lets not pretend this is the first time this topic has been brought up.

Pot meet kettle?

You shit on everything Wilder does but try to praise the likes of Whyte. Its comedy.

Dude, you are becoming a joke and multiple people on here have called you out on it. I just read the RBR and every few posts...'man Wilder will eat this dude alive'...'let's see if this dude still wants Wilder'. There's fanboy and then there's you.

I'll ask you again even though you obviously won't answer. Who is overrating Whyte and how, not a single person on here has picked him to win, but your sensitive ass still has some issue. Are we not allowed to say that he has a chance or that he has decent skills, or are you just offended that the guy you called a can for months will be Wilders second best win?

If Wilder wins you will act like everyone was overrating Whyte and picking him to win and you will complain that people are shitting on Wilder when they don't give him extra credit for winning like they said he would.

Rinse and repeat.

Dude, you are becoming a joke and multiple people on here have called you out on it. I just read the RBR and every few posts...'man Wilder will eat this dude alive'...'let's see if this dude still wants Wilder'. There's fanboy and then there's you.

I'll ask you again even though you obviously won't answer. Who is overrating Whyte and how, not a single person on here has picked him to win, but your sensitive ass still has some issue. Are we not allowed to say that he has a chance or that he has decent skills, or are you just offended that the guy you called a can for months will be Wilders second best win?

If Wilder wins you will act like everyone was overrating Whyte and picking him to win and you will complain that people are shitting on Wilder when they don't give him extra credit for winning like they said he would.

Rinse and repeat.
Oh noes the internet posters dont like my opinions! We can say the same for you in Canelo threads. I do hope you can manage to sleep at night. I know I struggle with it.

No one is picking Whyte to win now. Because they were all shut up with Ortiz took a nap.

Oh noes the internet posters dont like my opinions! We can say the same for you in Canelo threads. I do hope you can manage to sleep at night. I know I struggle with it.

No one is picking Whyte to win now. Because they were all shut up with Ortiz took a nap.

You want to know why people aren't picking Whyte to win? Because they don't think he will win.

Keep your weird Wilder conspiracy theories to your self. The guy you called a can for months on end will be Wilders second best win, deal with it.

Not a massive fan of either tbh, wilder is the least technically sound world champion I have ever seen and whyte has just beat up a punch bag basically so nothing to shout about IMO.

You want to know why people aren't picking Whyte to win? Because they don't think he will win.

Keep your weird Wilder conspiracy theories to your self. The guy you called a can for months on end will be Wilders second best win, deal with it.
Now theyre not. Want to go back prior to the Ortiz fight?

I dont know why you think youre some authority but Ill go ahead and spout whatever opinions I choose to. Thanks.

I just think hes hilariously overblown by AJ fans because he landed a punch that hurt AJ.

This is true. Especially with the big boys.

I think Whytes biggest knock against Wilder is his speed. Or lack of. He looked really, really slow against a guy who was basically a heavy bag.

Thats going to be hard to overcome on top of a significantly shorter reach.
I can't exactly debate this. Lucas was as slow as I've ever see anybody with atrocious defence. Dillyan is definitely not the quickest or sharpest.

Not a massive fan of either tbh, wilder is the least technically sound world champion I have ever seen and whyte has just beat up a punch bag basically so nothing to shout about IMO.

Valuev. The guy was champ because he was too big to hit lol

There's a rumour going round that Browne got KTFO'd in his last sparring session (vs Chisora!), but I haven't seen it confirmed & as far as I can tell it's from one podcast.

Browne certainly looked like a fella who'd been out cold the week before... Mind, I am inclined to think that having to train without anything "special" going on that might have had that effect as well (plus, you know, being fat & nearly 40).

Whyte isn't winning this one unless he manages to clock Wilder and get him on queer street.

If he catches Wilder unlike Ortiz, Whyte will finish him but in general he'll likely get whipped by the 7th round or so.

Thing is though this will be a good fight for Wilder as not only will he take away one of the two opponents Joshua could use to stall a fight with Wilder leaving him with no viable opponent for a year, but he'll also gain respect for fighting a Brit who is actually a game challenger.

Problem with Ortiz is although he was an accomplished fighter the guy is getting on in years and isn't going to compete the way Whyte will offer to do aggression wise.

If Joshua fights Whyte instead of Wilder that means Tyson Fury will have his come back match and then be another option for Joshua after the Whyte fight leaving Wilder on the sidelines in no mans land ......... Joshua already took Parker away from him.

If Wilder's sh*t house management is smart (which they're not) they'd fight Whyte taking him off the table, pleasing the WBC mandatory requirement, beating the no2 Brit hyping the exposure and taking Joshua's rival off the map.

......... leaving only Wilder and Joshua.

If he fights Whyte, Joshua won't be able to stall only with Fury because Fury hasn't even had his comeback fight yet, he'll only become an option if Joshua fights Whyte to bridge the time gap.

......... this is all presuming Joshua is avoiding Wilder mind you or stalling him.

Yeah this makes sense. I think it would be the smart thing to do for Wilder to take out Whyte. Then I think he'll got the AJ fight he craves so much. Just hope that Wilder isn't too proud to fight Whyte.

Back