If Whittaker defeats Rockhold he has a promising resume for MW GOAT

Silva lost multiple times before his UFC run, and against largely shitty competition. If you're holding Whittaker's losses in a different weight class against him, surely you have to be consistent.
I didnt mean he was undefeated in his career, but he was undefeated for his first 16 UFC fights. From his quick debut finish over Leben, people knew he was going to be a star.

I still remember the idiots that started crowning Weidman as MW GOAT.

I didnt mean he was undefeated in his career, but he was undefeated for his first 16 UFC fights. From his quick debut finish over Leben, people knew he was going to be a star.
Whittaker is undefeated in his 7 MW bouts. Why is drawing Silva's line at his UFC debut any more valid than drawing the line at Robert's divisional debut?

Dan Henderson

Rich Franklin

Wandy

Just to name a few. The kid has a great start though and I hope he has a dominant run. I'm a big fan!

IF he beats Rockhold, that’ll be an 11-2 record in the UFC, 9 fight win streak and 5-0 against MW top 10 opponents. Easily puts him in the discussion with any of those three.

I don’t know but it would be the greatest 4-fight win streak in the history of the division not to mention the most unexpected.

Winning a decision over Yoel Romero with a fucked up knee is one of the most impressive wins anyone has. And he got impressive finishes against tough opponents before that. If he beats Rcokhold he's a top 5 fighter in the UFC, if he isn't already.

If he beats Rockhold, Gastelum, and Weidman he'd easily be the number 2 MW of all time. If he beats Moose too (if Moose comes back) then it's hard not to tie him at least for #1. If he schools LHWs like Silva did, though, I'd give Whittaker #1 since MW has more monsters now.
If he beats rockhold you could slide him in at 2 easily

Anderson would be alongside Jones in the PED cheat GOAT.

If AS faced the fighters Bobby Knuckles faced, he would probably lost a few (especially off PEDs). Most likely taken down and smashed to a pulp or submitted
Nothing against Whitaker... but Anderson has beaten just as good fighters as the 3 you're referring to about Whitaker... & Spider's beaten a lot more top people. A LOT more.

Regarding Pre-USADA juicing. I think it's pretty obvious everyone was doing it... so all fair. His GOAT run... as well as Jones' GOAT run pre-USADA remain unscathed imo.

Based on......?
It was sarcasm lol in comparing anderson silva and whitakers careers , the poster I quoted said he disregards Anderson Silvas entire career because he roided. He assumes Silva did it his entire career. I assumed Robert does it. Sounds the same to me

It was sarcasm lol in comparing anderson silva and whitakers careers , the poster I quoted said he disregards Anderson Silvas entire career because he roided. He assumes Silva did it his entire career. I assumed Robert does it. Sounds the same to me

I’m that poster mate lol.

It’s not really the same though considering one has never failed a drug test while the other has twice.

Whittaker is undefeated in his 7 MW bouts. Why is drawing Silva's line at his UFC debut any more valid than drawing the line at Robert's divisional debut?
Because like I said, Silva made his debut against 15-1 Leben and won in under 1 minute then won the title in his 2nd fight. Not many followed Silvas career before the UFC. Is it that hard for you to not see how him going 16-0 is impressive as all hell? Silva was KO'ing great strikers left and right and was submitting great grapplers. He had a aura of invincibility around him and I dont think Whittaker has that despite his age and 7-0 MW record. So once again, taking into account only UFC records because most dont follow careers before UFC; 16-0 is much better than 10-2.

Whittaker is 26 ffs even if beats Rockhold what if he gets knocked out in his next 10 fights?
GOAT talk about a 26 year old fighter with 7 wins at MW and who hasn't even won the real belt is ridiculous.
Let's be real. If anyone didn't win a 'real' belt, it's GSP, And that was about as legit a win could get. Beating Jacare, Brunson, and Romero > GSP beating Mike > both Bisping & Rockholds title wins and performances

Nothing against Whitaker... but Anderson has beaten just as good fighters as the 3 you're referring to about Whitaker... & Spider's beaten a lot more top people. A LOT more.

Regarding Pre-USADA juicing. I think it's pretty obvious everyone was doing it... so all fair. His GOAT run... as well as Jones' GOAT run pre-USADA remain unscathed imo.
I can see where you're coming from.

Remember AS was held down by Chael for 4.5 rounds and he couldnt do anything about it. Replace Chael with Jacare or Romero on top and he would most likely have been finished.

The guy has solid wins against Brunson and two MW monsters Romero and Jacare.
If he defeats Rockhold I'm not calling him goat of course but it's a solid TD.

Besides winning streaks as a champion I also think the quality of the opponents is rather important. Also, the way he got to the title should also be considered.

I'm saying this as a Rockhold fan
Wtf are you smoking lmao.. guy hasnt even unified the belt yet

I can see where you're coming from.

Remember AS was held down by Chael for 4.5 rounds and he couldnt do anything about it. Replace Chael with Jacare or Romero on top and he would most likely have been finished.
I think Brunson would be a fairer comparison to Chael. Lets compare Romero to Prime Dan Henderson who is a beast. You want to do a fantasy match up... wrap your head around Prime Hendo at his smallest weight class vs. Romero.

Also, if we're comparing records fairly you'd compare Spider's wins over Maia or prime Jeremy Horn with Jacare.... & I'd say that's a wash.

So Spider's competition has been at the same high level as Whitaker's... but his run is WAY WAY out in front of Whitaker's... like not even close. For comparison, I just quickly went through Spider's record & counted 16 top level opponents that he beat. Whitaker has beat 4 & maybe 5 top level guys if we're bending a little with the phrase "top guys."

Whittaker ia my boy but calm down cunts. Silva is goat for his length of mw reign and the way he dispatched his opponents. The way anderson straight merced his opposition in ways we hadnt seen before cant be overlooked.

If whittaker gets past rockhold then its probably the best 4 consecutive wins ever at mw. But thats not yet enough to trump what anderson did.

Back