If Whittaker defeats Rockhold he has a promising resume for MW GOAT

We're all the GOAT

marvel-guardians-of-the-galaxy-vol-2-baby-groot-maquette-400314-02.jpg

Lets see him get through Luke, Gastelum, Weidman and Costa in the next 2 years and hes got a case.

lol get outta here with that Costa BS... Dudes gonna get beat, submitted, popped for PED's, etc.
and he's beat who? Oh ya... Johnny "I ate my restaurant Hendricks"

I don't know about the MW GOAT, he's got a long way to go to achieve that. If he beats Luke tho that gives him Cockhold, Jacare and Romero wins in a calendar year. I would say that qualifies as the most impressive 12 months in MW history.

Silva held the longest title streak in UFC history, which ended in 2013 after 2,457 days, with 16 consecutive wins and 10 title defenses.

Whittaker is pretty close.

Who cares about dick pills.

Romero and especially Jacare are nearly 40 and on the downslide.

Whittaker is a great young gun but GOAT talk is a bit premature.

If he beats weidman after he will have basically cleaned out the division.

If he beats Rockhold, Gastelum, and Weidman he'd easily be the number 2 MW of all time. If he beats Moose too (if Moose comes back) then it's hard not to tie him at least for #1. If he schools LHWs like Silva did, though, I'd give Whittaker #1 since MW has more monsters now.

The guy won a interim tile and has been upgraded to the full title. He hasn't even made a single defence of his title as of yet and you're trying to anoint him as GOAT?

Right now, he's had the title about as long as the Machida era. We'll see how long he holds on to it. I do hope he hangs on to it for awhile, but a motivated Rockhold is no slouch

So did Weidman, until he didn't. It's all just beginning. He still has a lot to prove. Jacare and Romero aren't very good strikers. Romero is explosive and unpredictable, but there's not a lot of substance there. Whittaker was a bad match-up for them due to his TDD. I think he's a very tough match-up for Rockhold as well for the same reason, but let's see how he does against someone like Gastelum. Even Weidman, who has solid striking and height/reach. Mousasi would've been a tough match-up for him as well.

No, Weidman is middleweight GOAT. Whittaker will have to defend it a few times against good opponents.

Anderson Unifies MW belts by defeating Hendo at UFC 82 - MW GOAT
Anderson defends 10 times total

-----------------

Weidman beats Anderson twice - soon to be GOAT
Rockhold beats Weidman - soon to be GOAT
Bisping beats Rockhold - legend and MW GOAT
Romero defeats 4 MW contenders - MW GOAT
Whitaker beats Jacare, Romero and Luke - claim to MW GOAT

It's been that silly since Anderson's reign

I want Whitaker to kick Rockholds ass... and then GSP to say oh wow, he is now big time at Middleweight.. and im pretty sure i can beat him since hes almost my size.. i wanan go back to 185 now anad challenge Robert. So when i beat him people will say i beat the best guy in the division.

OMG imagine. that would be cool for us fans but it would freaking suck for everyone else lol.. damn the roller coaster ride. i kinda hope it happens but then dont. not sure how that would go over with everyone.

Anderson has like 13 or 14 top ten wins. Whitaker has like 4. He isn't even close

Romero and especially Jacare are nearly 40 and on the downslide.

Whittaker is a great young gun but GOAT talk is a bit premature.
What makes you think romero is on the dowslide? What physical evidence do you have? Ill wait

Anderson got the swag, x-factor, and all that epicness. You can't just go by stats alone (which is still questionable at this point) to surpass him.

I love Whittaker. He is a great guy, And a great fighter. If he beats Luke, he deserves a lot of credit.
... However... After all the good guys got old, And guys like Anderson, Hendo, Vitor, Franklin was «out», mw has been very weak. Maybe the weakest ever. Every medio WW moves up to exploit the situation.. Whittaker deserves a lot of credit, but goat? Not even close.

Back