"If were to fight Conor in a cage or boxing ring I would break him" - El CuCuy

Khabib wants to fight Conor again. Octagon or Ring.
Tony wants to fight Conor. Octagon or Ring.
Zero mention of fighting one another.

DsgASsaUUAAHUrX.jpg

You know you're the A Side when the champion & #1 contender are both angling to fight you and ignoring each other

Conor Bless​

Your hero is a broken man. UFC and him are desparate to find a favorable style matchup.

DsgASsaUUAAHUrX.jpg

You know you're the A Side when the champion & #1 contender are both angling to fight you and ignoring each other

Conor Bless​

Where is that poster from? Looks legit badass

Tony Ferguson has more weapons than Conor.

But the longer Ferguson stays on his feet, the higher the chance he soon won't.

Conor's a monster striker and at his most dangerous early and Tony gets insulted if you miss him. Tony's crazy tough and can recover like none other, but Conor's speed and skill advantage would pose an absolute nightmare for the first round or two. If he can get past that, I think it's pretty much a consensus that he breaks Conor down, but I'm not at all sure he can make it that deep. I truly believed Eddie could do just that based on past performance and we saw how that played out. Fergie's a different type of fighter, physically and style-wise, but I'm just using him as an example of grit not being enough when you're fighting a precision puncher with McG's type of skill. It'd be an interesting fight regardless.

And just forget ever seeing Khabibi and Fergie fighting. It's just a cursed prospect at this point.

DsgASsaUUAAHUrX.jpg

Conor Bless​

Khabib's already turned down a rematch with Conor and has said that Tony is the next fight to make. What in the fuck are you talking about? Did you go insane when your boy tapped to a non-choke? Seriously, how pathetic was that?

It’s an easy fight with a lot of money.

Conor is the combat sports piñata, you beat the shit out of him and then you get a nice little prize, such as a massive payday.

Tony wants to hit that piñata badly.

Depends on what conor shows up to the fight. If it's the lazy rich guy without any fire then yeah el cucuy takes it.

Lol there are Blue prints on how to beat every fighter. Question is whether you can even execute the plan or not. Tire Conor out and drag him down to the later round which sounds easy on paper but how exactly? Evade Conors offense with mayweather like defense? lol

To be honest Floyd didn't do anything amazing in terms of defense against Connor. Basic cover up really. With that being said I think Connor ko Ferguson in both mma and boxing. Ferguson relies in his chin too much.

I see El Cucuy getting hurt but finishing McGregor in the 3rd or 4th.

Assuming Conor is actually on his A game and his motivation Is there.. That's not a good stylistic matchup for Tony.

His best chance obviously would be setting a very high pace, taking him into deep waters and attempting to drown him. Nate wasn't able to do it at 170 pounds though, weighing 185 pounds. Fighting a heavier opponent will absolutely make you more tired as well than one of similar weight. He did get tired but he also managed to go all 5 rounds.

Tony does have more tools on the feet but I don't think It will matter all that much if he's not able to challenge him In the boxing realm. It seems Tony would need to mix up his game and utilize his wrestling, but that's not exactly the aspect of his game which has allowed him to go undefeated for so long. To his credit, Tony's boxing has Improved throughout the years as I'm sure he's aware that's been a weaker aspect of his game.

There'd be a lot of questions, can Tony challenge him on the feet? Is his wrestling good enough to actually get the fight to the ground against Conor? Getting It to the ground doesn't automatically mean he's gonna get the submission either, Conor can grapple. Tony also doesn't have the kind of dominant top control that Khabib does.

He'd likely be punished on the feet and struggle to get the fight to the ground, he'd need to attempt to get the fight Into deep water where he's strongest. Not unlike Nate, Tony gets stronger as the fight goes on.

Nate is a very similar stylistic opponent and body type and his fight with Conor provides a lot of clues as to how the fight would go with some slight differences. Except It's not likely that Tony would be able to challenge him In the boxing and walk through Conor's punches In the way Nate was able to at 170 pounds. Tony does have more weapons but his unorthodox, wild and often reckless style has gotten him into trouble with virtually all of his opponents on the feet. All of which are nowhere near the level of boxer, have the power, precision and counter fighting ability as Conor at his best. Realistically Conor has the perfect style to counter what Tony does on the feet.

Personally I think the fight would depend on which version of Conor shows up. Skill and style wise I think that's a very tough fight for Tony. Although, obviously Tony Is not without his method of victory.

Last edited:
Will Tony be able to find his way to the cage though? Those sunglasses are problematic.

Ferguson calling out Conor instead of Khabib, what a joke. Ferguson ducking Khabib confirmed.

71Bt4cxXZLL._SY355_.jpg

<Oku02>

Tony Ferguson, the type of guy who will call Conor on the phone to tell him he doesn't wanna talk right now

As long as he takes off his shades, there is a chance

Pure boxing? Not sure about that.

MMA? Yeah. He has too many overall weapons for Conor imo.

El Cucuy is so wide ranging and all over the place, I find it hard to believe he has the discipline to keep it pure boxing. That Tazmanian Devil style has got to be hard to contain. I'm not sure we've ever seen Tony do "pure boxing" for any length of time in a cage.
Definitely agree with you on El Cucuy having too many weapons in MMA for Conor...especially cardio.

McGregor starches him in boxing or MMA

And this is coming from someone who was very confident in Khabib beating Conrad

giphy.gif

Ok, White Belt. Calling him McGregor in one sentence then following it up with Conrad in the next is not considered "edgy" or "cool" on Sherdog. It's old, played out and not a good way to start around here.

Just trying to help a rookie out.

Probably. There are a lot of guys that would beat Conor. He didn't get hyped up because of his talents, trash talking, or Irish fans. It was Irish Americans that got behind him. Luckily I got off pretty early when I saw how full of himself he was, fake persona or not. His style of promoting fights has reduced the UFC to WWE-lite.

Back