If Weed is supposed to make you less violent why do many criminals smoke it?

It's just about the best stress reliever there is, right up there with spending all day on a nice beach, listening to the ocean waves.

I've smoked a lot of weed and I disagree. Exercise is far better. Chronic weed use is good for hiding from your problems and being content with average. Being a stoner kills your motivation, it ruins your short-term memory and you think you can stop till you have to. If you smoke everyday you have a problem, unless you've already achieved what you want from life which 99% of us have not.

Last edited:
It may not make you less violent if you're already a rotten motherfucker, but it doesn't promote aggressive behaviour like aclohol does. As I've always said, I've never seen 2 guys get in a bar fight because they were too high.

It would probably be a pretty amusing fight.

I've smoked a lot of weed and I disagree. Exercise is far better. Chronic weed use is good for hiding from your problems and being content with average.

I find it to be somewhere in the middle. I smoked weed on/off during my teen years but really started becoming a daily smoker around 23/24. I am a programmer by trade which can get very stressful and weed has definitely helped slow my brain at the end of a long ass day or constant bugs, hot-fixes, meetings etc.. At the same time i'm someone who gets depressed in random waves and the weed becomes a crutch then too, so it really is for me atleast somewhere in the middle.

Anyone who has to ask this question won't understand anyways

I find it to be somewhere in the middle. I smoked weed on/off during my teen years but really started becoming a daily smoker around 23/24. I am a programmer by trade which can get very stressful and weed has definitely helped slow my brain at the end of a long ass day or constant bugs, hot-fixes, meetings etc.. At the same time i'm someone who gets depressed in random waves and the weed becomes a crutch then too, so it really is for me atleast somewhere in the middle.

I'm almost 24 now and I'm a Computer Science grad.. :p

I've been a daily smoker, for the most part, since I was 16. I've currently stopped for like 2 weeks though, this is my second attempt this year and I have had spells of being clean amidst it, then relapsed to daily smoking. Longest I've went not smoking is 3 months.

Honestly, it can help some people I guess but it does become a crutch for most. The chronic smokers I know are very unhappy, depressed and socially anxious & I know a lot of them. I've been there too. Some have a desire to quit or cut down but can not.

If you're smoking close to daily its not helping you tbh. Its gonna be making you more depressed and anxious, rather than helping it. Smoking amplifies feelings like that a lot.

I can see what you're saying though, its pretty much what I done through uni & I almost failed it :p

Last edited:
I've smoked a lot of weed and I disagree. Exercise is far better. Chronic weed use is good for hiding from your problems and being content with average. Being a stoner kills your motivation, it ruins your short-term memory and you think you can stop till you have to. If you smoke everyday you have a problem, unless you've already achieved what you want from life which 99% of us have not.
Why does marijuana and exercise have to be mutually exclusive? Avery Collins, professional ultra marathon runner with numerous records and 1st place ultra marathon finishes is sponsored by a dispensary and has talked about how marijuana made him enjoy running more and that he either smokes or eats edibles for most of his 50+ mile runs. On his podcast Rogan talks about how he loves to hit the heavy bag after he smokes.

I smoke before I go to the gym all the time. The idea that marijuana makes you lazy or prevents you from working out is a total false stereotype.

this is what happens right before you overdose on it

RIP you poor sons of bitches

Why does it have to be mutually exclusive? Avery Collins, professional ultra marathon runner with numerous records and 1st place ultra marathon finishes is sponsored by a dispensary and has talked about how marijuana made him enjoy running more and that he either smokes or eats edibles for most of his 50+ mile runs. On his podcast Rogan talks about how he loves to hit the heavy bag after he smokes.

I smoke before I go to the gym all the time. The idea that marijuana makes you lazy or prevents you from working out is a total false stereotype.

You are right in saying that some people that are successful do smoke weed. Firstly, weed has some benefits for sure but I see 10x more stoners that are underachieving rather than achieving. I'm assuming he didn't start smoking till he was already well on his way to success either. I also doubt he smokes daily. If you use conservatively it won't impact your quality of life but for a lot of people they will end up smoking daily.

I know someone that smokes and goes to the gym too but I know plenty that don't. I'm sure you do too. But I'm also not implying that its directly related to working out, it makes you lazy with life in general for the most part, if you are a heavy user. You are less likely to do anything productive when you're baked out your face. The majority of people that smoke weed chronically underachieve a huge amount as far as I'm aware, I've seen it first hand.

If you can smoke, once a month? Cool. If you smoke every single night - you're wasting a lot of time and if you suffer from anxiety or depression, you're worsening your mental state.

Weed addiction is for sure a real thing too and a lot of people are looking for help to stop.

Last edited:
This is 100% why I can't wait for the damn government to legalize it and start controlling the distribution. At my age, I should not have to deal with fucking drug dealers. The dude I buy from now is decent enough, but it's always a hassle and I dread having to schedule a pickup.

If I want some primo scotch, there are zero hoops I have to deal with. I deserve that same experience with weed.

For fuck sake!

Yeah by the time I hit my mid 20s I was sick of dealers. Inconsistent quality, unreliable people saying you can come through soon, or they'll come through soon, all fucking day. Shorting your sacks, having to go over their and listen to their bullshit. Like why can't I get a consistent product for a consistent price without hassle?

It's much like any drug. The assholes who cannot handle it, seem to ruin it for the rest of us.

I smoke all the time, and still get my shit done, and continue to grow in my personal and business life. The criminals were probably criminals long before weed, and they won't go strait when they stop smoking.

If you "relapse" on weed, just wait until you try real drugs.

If you "relapse" on weed, just wait until you try real drugs.

I've seen it all first hand. Drugs, violence, death & hopelessness. I was a misguided teen that fell in with the wrong group in high-school and it almost fucked my whole life up with some of the situations I ended up in. I consider weed tame.. I've only managed to turn my life around in the last 5 years or so. I'm still a work in progress.

People relapse if they are chronic users of anything and then fall back into use. Doesn't make what I've said invalid.

If you are a violent person in general, weed isn't going to change that.

I think smoking weed is fine. But criminals tend to smoke and get drunk at the same time, plus mix that with pills on top of that, and maybe even some coke. That's when you are in deep shit.

Back