If Weed is supposed to make you less violent why do many criminals smoke it?

Weed can help me calm down and not stress about dumb things, however it's not some magical elixir that can change a crazy ass hole into a kind gentleman. Smoking weed is an enjoyable experience for most people who try it, that's why people (including bad people) do it.

Some people are mellow on alcohol and some become aggressive. It just lowers the ability to control emotions. Some cry and some fight. I haven't used marijuana but I suspect it has a similar effect.

It's similar, but I've never seen weed make someone rage like Alcohol does.

More criminals drink too, it's basically higher risk taking and self medicating. Mostly the same drives cause higher substance use and criminality.

Some people are mellow on alcohol and some become aggressive. It just lowers the ability to control emotions. Some cry and some fight. I haven't used marijuana but I suspect it has a similar effect.
Some people? What, 1 in 1000? And no, it doesn't have anything like the same effect. They're totally different.

It's not quite the same. It's true some people are using their self control and willpower to control violent impulses they have, and alcohol can remove that control. Smoking doesn't involve the same loss of control. I've blacked out drinking before and had to piece together what I did the next day. There's no equivalent to that with drinking.

Smoking is also more of a psychological than a physical high. In the sense that when I'm hammered drunk, anything can happen and I'll still be drunk. If I'm high, adrenaline can kick in and sober me up if something alarming happens.

It's just about the best stress reliever there is, right up there with spending all day on a nice beach, listening to the ocean waves.

Gonna bust a cap in that fool
Right after this bowl
Somebody gonna need an amberlamp
Right after this bowl
And these burritos, gonna kill him
How'd that bowl get packed again?
I'm'a do some gangsta shit
Right after this bowl...

I love weed. It makes everything taste better and feel better. Violent acts are not committed because of pot. Bad people do bad things. Try the ganja before you judge the ganja.

love that logic. that's like saying all drunk drivers are drunks, but not all drunks are drunk drivers....only the ones that get caught

i guarantee there are more people smoking weed than there are violent criminals.

I love weed. It makes everything taste better and feel better. Violent acts are not committed because of pot. Bad people do bad things. Try the ganja before you judge the ganja.
Pudding is pretty good too, I hear

Fuck you, TS...
Sorry, that was the weed talking.

The assholes that are raging are usually the types that are drinking while they are smoking. Many people are angry drunks, go into any place that serves younger generations and it's fight after fight. Beer muscles are real, no such thing as weed muscles. I prefer drinking tbh, but I'm Irish American and my favorite thing when I was in College was to drink, fight, and fuck. And the first 2 would mess with the last one.

Strangely enough, while many criminals smoke weed, they often will not weed any garden and it can become an eyesore in the neighborhood.

Just smoked some vanilla kush and I don't feel like killing atm. Must be working.

I was watching this Aaoron Hernandez trial and this dude was smoking weed often and even violent while high on it, they were talking about the night club altercation and he just got high with his friend who he later shot in the face because he got paranoid that he would snitch, but the friend lived and testified in court against him.

The majority of gang bangers smoke dope. I always thought weed was supposed to make you high and happy like a hippy not violent and paranoid because thats what most of the media shows in movies the stoner who is doped out and happy and comical.

Do you have any data to back any of this up, or are you just basing it on what you see in movies?

It's a trick question. Even if the majority of criminals do smoke weed, it is not a causal factor for their criminal behavior. Assuming it is would be like saying, "why does everyone who has a criminal record also drive a car?" The obvious answer is everybody drives a car. Some of everybody will be criminals. The car driving isn't the reason.

frequent marijuana use is like any other drug, it decreases dopamine in your body and when you build a tolerance and dont smoke it for a while, your mood changes.

Yeah if anything weed being illegal just makes you have to hang out with scumbags. Had a number of dealers that would say "hey you want some coke, crack, oxys, meth" etc. Nah man just the weed. It's a gateway drug alright, purely because you have to hang out with so many sketch people over the years. You only have to fuck up and say yes once.

This is 100% why I can't wait for the damn government to legalize it and start controlling the distribution. At my age, I should not have to deal with fucking drug dealers. The dude I buy from now is decent enough, but it's always a hassle and I dread having to schedule a pickup.

If I want some primo scotch, there are zero hoops I have to deal with. I deserve that same experience with weed.

For fuck sake!

I recommend getting a dabbing rig.
The percentages of THC are absurdly high. What I've got now is eighty percent.
Eighty.
I'm not a huge fan but the wife likes it. Makes me cough my lungs off lol. Had a homemade candy not long ago made with 6 dabs and it was the worst paranoid high I've ever had.

Back